• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Alternate Carbon was a massive disappointment but a whole new creative team working in that world seems really interesting.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
I might be one of the only people in the world who liked the second Pacific Rim. I am done for more shenanigans in that world. I would also be down for anime Charlie Day and John Boyega to join in on the fun.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I hope the anime pretends Pacific Rim 2 never happened
i either want it to avoid the plot of the second movie entirely, or touch on it

purely to retcon mako's garbage death out of canon

if it actually references the second movie in a straightforward, 'yup that happened' sorta way, my interest in watching it'll plummet through the floor

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i think i've read 1st chapter of mushikago no cagaster
wasn't anything special if i remember correctly, strange that it got an netflix adaptation

dialogic

Oct 30, 2017
I like the idea of a Pacific Rim anime series, as long as it isn't CG vomit like the Godzilla movie.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Going by the usual track record four these probably 4 of them will be absolute clunkers but one will be pretty great lol

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Is Yasuke the only LeSean Thomas Netflix show? I coulda sworn he had another show coming out with them.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
altered carbon?

you fucking bozos

blade runner is ripe for the picking

altered carbon could be okay too

and someone tell them to ditch Pacific Rim and get me my Into the Breach anime

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
But where the hell is my Kuromukuro season three and Children of the Whales season 2 though!?!?!?

wouldn't mind a Sword Gai season 3 as well...but

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
"written by Dai Sato (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo)"

YOOOOOOOOOO.

What makes this more amazing is the fact that the writer is essentially dealing with a premise that's extremely close to Ghost in the Shell.

Edit: Also, Funimation left their partnership with Crunchyroll too soon. I mean for Netflix, why try and steal funimation properties from them when you can just develop better anime than their catalogue. It's quite the strategy.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
i either want it to avoid the plot of the second movie entirely, or touch on it

purely to retcon mako's garbage death out of canon

if it actually references the second movie in a straightforward, 'yup that happened' sorta way, my interest in watching it'll plummet through the floor

I know he wasn't everyone's favorite character but I'd hope they could see maybe Raleigh come back. Like I get that there was scheduling conflicts but them joking that he died between the first two movies is just lame... (Though IIRC the movie never even mentions him)

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
Those are some properties that do not need anime extensions.

I am not one for Altered Carbon, and after watching Uprising jettison the most interesting parts of the original, I do not want any more Pacific Rim. I wish the studio had left the wonderfully good first movie at that.

Sometimes anime can bring out the best of a property, like Animatrix. Give these a chance before writing them off. They could expand the properties in a good way.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
A pacific rim anime would be cheaper to make, but at the same time kinda loses it's appeal of the first big budget Hollywood mecha franchise of the modern age.

Anime is the realm of the Mechas and there are tons of competition.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, we're finally getting that Pacific Rim animated series. After four years of radio silence on it, I'd assumed it had been canned. Glad to see it's alive and kicking once more.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
"written by Dai Sato (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo)"

YOOOOOOOOOO.

Speaking of this, there's another, previously announced anime by Watanabe and Bones called Carole and Tuesday coming to Netflix as well

c-t-first-key-visual.jpg

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...aff-netflix-streaming-story-ad-visual/.139169

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I was just wondering what happened to the Pacific Rim cartoon. Good to know it still lives.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of this, there's another, previously announced anime by Watanabe and Bones called Carole and Tuesday coming to Netflix as well

c-t-first-key-visual.jpg

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...aff-netflix-streaming-story-ad-visual/.139169
so into the way this looks. absolutely no clue what it's gonna be tho.

But was it worth sacrificing anime song openings and endings to fit the binge model?
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...s-the-end-of-the-90-second-anime-song/.136571

this is horrifying.

(even when I binge anime I still watch the OP and ED.)