Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Extraction is good. Overly serious though. I dislike movies that can't take a little bit of levity at the tropes in them.

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
I've only seen the irishman out of those, and except for Pacino who was fantastic, I thought it was pretty mediocre. That scene where DeNiro beats up a guy on the street was so bad I couldn't believe Martin Scorsese okayed that.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, haven't actually watched a single one of those.

I did mean to watch Extraction, but forgot about it, haha.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The only one I have watched in its entirety was The irishman. Out of the rest
I only watched about 20 minutes of Bird Box- terrible and none of the others.

I like Netflix but the originals are so unremittingly awful outside of gems like Glow, Mindhunter, Kiimy Schmidt and Stranger Things.
I guess everything else is aimed at kids. noticed how the stuff Is mostly period stuff.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Platform was awesome. I'm looking at the rest of those movie and they don't sound very good (going by RT). I did enjoy Bird Box though. It wasn't a masterpiece but it was entertaining.

I have nothing to do so I'm gonna fire Perfect Date =p

EDIT: Irishman was so unnecessarily long.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I mean.. Sure there is a lot of mediocre to bad, but they have to keep people coming back for new content and it's very apparent that now every year theyll be putting all that money behind backing actual "prestige" level films. There's room enough for all types of films

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did you both skip The Irishman?

I don't like Scorsese or mafia/mob/whatever movies. I used to see everything -- even if I wasn't interested -- so I could be part of the conversation or whatever. Now I just don't care about that stuff. I see things I'm interested in and that's about it.

Mxlegend99

May 20, 2018
Watched all of the top 5. Bird Box out of peer pressure to understand the memes. The others because of the lead actor(s) and the movie looking decent.

Solid movies but nothing special.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Yeesh

While it didn't make the top 10, I think I'm happier not finding out how low Beasts of No Nation ranked. Truly the best thing that Netflix has bankrolled. It's a shame the backwards ass Academy was still snubbing streaming features back then.

Oct 26, 2017
Netflix has some good movies but you wouldn't guess from that list. Would imagine the recent releases have got a huge boost though

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if they released quality stuff during this dry period. Go back and promote stuff like Beasts of No Nation again, front page style.

May 24, 2019
Y'all who liked Marriage Story and Uncut Gems should watch Meyerowitz Stories cause it's that first movie's director giving you the other good Sandler performance on Netflix.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Are these all movies that were released after their new method of counting views went into effect?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Huh how did The Platform become that popular? I watched it but figured it was kinda niche. I liked it and The Irishman, the rest of that list though....

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Netflix got some good TV, but man most of their movie catalog is direct to video tier.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Covid definately helped Extraction.
But it was a decent movie anyhoos.

It had some of the wildest action sequences around. But yea, in the end it was merely decent.

Also (unrelated) Birdbox was excellent. I fired it up on my iPad meaning to kind of watch it in the background while I worked, ended up not getting any work done during that time.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
The list is also missing Dan Gilroy's "Velvet Buzzsaw" - fun, campy horror schlock that I often forget I saw and enjoyed.

Edit: I'll admit to never finishing The Irishman. Got about 40 mins into it and realized I was forcing myself to watch it. Not an awful film, just didn't ever engross me the way Roma, Meyerowitz Stories, or Okja did.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
There's literally only one good movie in there (The Irishman).

The Platform is only kind of good and the rest is trash-tier.

nacimento

Oct 27, 2017
Good for Irishman. Most of the rest shows why it's good for Netflix to produce so much trash. Spenser Confidential is truly spitting on Robert B. Parker's grave.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed Extraction
Spenser confidential was watchable
6 underground is one of the worst movies I have ever seen

Oct 27, 2017
Yo! The Platform made top 10?! Awesome!

It was a very fun little movie (very graphic tho)

I likened it to one of those Oats Studios shorts, but with a larger budget and full run time.

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
I've only seen the irishman out of those, and except for Pacino who was fantastic, I thought it was pretty mediocre. That scene where DeNiro beats up a guy on the street was so bad I couldn't believe Martin Scorsese okayed that.

come on that's a 20 sec scene. That's like saying The Godfather is mediocre because of the Sonny beat-up scene.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I've only seen Extraction, watched it twice actually. Thought it was fantastic. Been meaning to see Spenser since it has Winston Duke and cuz posters were everywhere for it when it was first out.

*oh wait, I saw Bird Box too during the whole craze. It was alright I'd say lol.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Spencer was so average but also one that has mass appeal.

Furie not being on the list is a shame. More need to watch that, it's great!

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix's original content is so painfully mediocre, outside of some notables like Irishman. I can't understand how with all their billions they can't just hire some top writing and directorial talent and give them the time they need.

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
Netflix's original content is so painfully mediocre, outside of some notables like Irishman. I can't understand how with all their billions they can't just hire some top writing and directorial talent and give them the time they need.

they've worked/are working with JC Chandor, Cary Fukunaga , Bong joon ho, Fernando Meirelles , Noah Baumbach, David Michod, Paul Greengrass, Dan Gilroy, David Fincher, Aaron Sorkin,Steven Soderberg, Gareth Evans, Mike Flanagan, Spike Lee, Alfonso Cuarón

I'd say that's an impressively talented ensemble, and by all accounts Netflix gives everyone total creative freedom.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

they're a "network" and produce good stuff, middling stuff and garbage

for every irishman and uncut gems you get a god awful adam sandler comedy and some decent indie-ish film nobody talks about