Worst take of the season

• The Bulls are title contenders - Caz

Votes: 46 9.7%
  • The Celtics roster is poorly constructed and a joke for postseason basketball - ItWasMeantToBe19

Votes: 113 23.8%
  • DeRozan is a lock for 1st team All-NBA - Mory Dunz

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • CP3 has been the most clutch player in the league this season - Smurf

Votes: 70 14.7%
  • Anime is trash - NinjaScooter

Votes: 106 22.3%
  • Warriors are better when Green plays and Curry sits than when Curry plays and Green sits. - Gigglepo

Votes: 88 18.5%
  • My issue is when they say the Warriors needed KD to beat the Cavs. No they didn't lol. - Linkage76

Votes: 45 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
No stating facts. How do you keep going under screens against the best shooter in history. It's not rocket science and Jaylen definitely got froze out the 2nd half. I don't think he touched the ball in the 3rd.

Definitely frustrating but they just won a finals game. Going under screens is obviously the game plan expecting the bigs to be there. Obviously they haven't executed that well. That's not on the on-ball guys - there's a defensive scheme and elite, well-coached defenders like Smart, White and Tatum aren't just making that decision.

I will definitely get on Jaylen for losing people on off-ball screens though.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Warriors really don't have a 5th guy for their best lineups in this series (maybe Otto Porter is the guy?) and it's killing them

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
If Steph is hurt this is either extra over, or they gonna strap the butt pad on his chest this time and hes gonna go nuts.

Oct 25, 2017
The Warriors need to stop starting these games so lethargic. They dig themselves a hole then expend all their energy to get out of it in the 3rd.

They need Poole but he probably should play less minutes at this point. He just dribbles and does nothing with the ball.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
No he isn't. GS has been trapping Tatum all game until late tonight. I think they will go away from that next game and he will get his 30+
So the guy who's been having intensely consistent games and literally put the team on his back is gonna get disrespected by a guy who's gone ghost the first 2 and a half games, right, 13 assists and an assload of shot attempts isn't winning shit without Brown lol

But because he can POTENTIALLY get a drop in coverage for whatever reason, he's going to get finals mvp? for what he could do?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with injuries late in the game is that you can run off adrenaline for those last few minutes. Guess we'll see how Steph is tomorrow.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be extremely surprised if they can win in 5. Unless Steph is out of the game, there's no way.

Obviously this would mean they win out, but it all hinges on game 4. If the Celtics pull off a strong win, then game 5 will be tough from a morale standpoint for GS. You're going home for game 5, but that's still travel as well. It sucks to be on the road to get to a must-win elimination game after a loss.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
The prospect Celtics winning the title starting to scare me, hopefully they choke again like all playoff and this time punished for real.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Draymond has been bad for a while. He was also not playing well in the Dallas series. I think he's doing way too much. Trying to set the tone, run the defense, trash talk, playmaking... He needs to focus more on defense and play a more simple roll. He ruined game 1 as well by being too hyped and taking way too many shots (early in the shot clock as well). This whole villain role and pushing the boundary with the refs is causing more harm than good at this point.

Disappointing loss once again. Warriors got owned on the glass. They should have played Looney more. Steph has been excellent so far, they've wasted two great games of his already. Worried what happens when he goes cold 1 game.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely frustrating but they just won a finals game. Going under screens is obviously the game plan expecting the bigs to be there. Obviously they haven't executed that well. That's not on the on-ball guys - there's a defensive scheme and elite, well-coached defenders like Smart, White and Tatum aren't just making that decision.

I will definitely get on Jaylen for losing people on off-ball screens though.
It's the Bigs screwing up not the guards. Al kept dropping back over and over. You move up Steph has to drive instead.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I had asked this before but didn't get too many responses but if you had to pick the best finals out of the last 10 years and can't pick 2016 which would you pick?

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
One one end I'm happy the next game is on Friday and not after 2 days of, on the other end if Curry is injured it wouldn't be enough time to heal up. Curry will probably play through it but I think he'll struggle

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
One one end I'm happy the next game is on Friday and not after 2 days of, on the other end if Curry is injured it wouldn't be enough time to heal up. Curry will probably play through it but I think he'll struggle
I think this will be his off game....in the most crucial game lol. Sadly I feel others won't step up, even if Dray has a good game we need more offense.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Proud to be a Celtics fan. Let's get the dub on Friday and go back to golden state up 3-1

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Draymond has the balls to at least drop podcasts the night of horrible performances by him lol

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Jaylen absolutely deserves the Finals MVP for the Cs if the series ended today, let's not kid ourselves.

Snert

Banned
Dec 1, 2020
Draymond with the elusive quadruple single tonight. At what point does Kerr send him out there to get two quick T's to try to rattle the C's?

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah cuz y'all don't have the best defense in the league or anything

The Warriors scored 8 points in a possession tonight. The Celtics have been prone to bad late-game execution and turnover. They gave up a similar lead to a much more limited offensive team in Miami. I just feel they gave up the rope kind of easily, but I think they looked tired just like they did in game 1.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
this series is wayyyyy too similar to Magic vs Cavs 2008 ECF
beats by beat, so celtics game 4 OT win?

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing enough out of Wiggins or Poole this series. Can't just be Steph and Klay, although those two made it interesting in the 3rd. Dray a non factor.

Celts just have more playmakers. Not over yet but it's looking iffy.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I think the scary thing for the Dubs is that Steph hasn't had a bad game yet shooting or otherwise and they are still down. You can maybe expect more from Draymond or some role players but tonight was average to above-average Steph and Klay on offense.

Edit: Looking through the box score, Celtics did get average to above-average lines from literally everyone tonight. Role players stepped up and Marcus was good besides the few egregious turnovers.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I had asked this before but didn't get too many responses but if you had to pick the best finals out of the last 10 years and can't pick 2016 which would you pick?
The first Spurs/Heat hands down. I misremembered the first Warriors/Cavs finals. It felt fresh and exciting, the first few games were fun but w/o Love and Irving it felt hopeless.

Warriors/Cavs pt.3 wasn't as bad as the 5 games suggests iirc.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Draymond doing a pod has zero effect on this series. Teams with this combination of size and athleticism have always been a really bad matchup for him.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Draymond does have some ability to recognize his mistakes, but that's 2 bad games now in the FINALS. I dunno if he needs to stop podcasting or doing weird shit or what, but he can't afford one more bad game. Hell, it might be too late already.

Status
Not open for further replies.