Nov 3, 2017
Hnnggg. Please, either a Three Houses sequel for one of the routes where two specific female persons rule over everything (impossible, I know) or a modern age reboot for Three Houses where three gangs duke it out against a dragon cult in a city ruled by crests, violence and magical motorcycles. I want flying bike Ingrid fighting steamfist Caspar on an airship.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Is there even a point if I can't have ray traced Mara??
haha oh boy that'd be a looker.

Hnnggg. Please, either a Three Houses sequel for one of the routes where two specific female persons rule over everything (impossible, I know) or a modern age reboot for Three Houses where three gangs duke it out against a dragon cult in a city ruled by crests, violence and magical motorcycles. I want flying bike Ingrid fighting steamfist Caspar on an airship.
mind-blown-explosion.gif

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
The surprised reactions for Persona 6 on PlayStation are amusing. Atlus is going to Atlus.

I really wish both Persona and Shin Megami Tensei would come out on all platforms. The Sony and Nintendo exclusives are annoying

Se_t

Apr 14, 2020
I highly doubt that due to it both being a single game, and they've already released the trilogy meaning they'll have to justify it just being Prime 1 at least somewhat, and this has been rumored for a while and every time it's usually said that there's at least some work put into it, sometimes being referred to as a remake. Also it's not like 3D All-stars is the ONLY Nintendo remaster, Xenoblade DE, WWHD, and TP HD were all also Nintendo and are considered to be good to excellent remasters, but gamers tend to have the memory of a goldfish and act like 3D All Stars and SSHD are the only remasters they've ever done.

Xenoblade DE is one of the very FEW case where they made a Full remake of a game on the switch, otherwise it's been port and basic remaster for new prices so excuse me if Nintendo track record (on the switch) is against them. I have 0 faith in them doing the right thing. But I'm glad you have faith in them…

They literally pulled out the Mario 3d collection out of the eshop, so yeah sorry if for me Nintendo is a bit anti-consumer.

but gamers tend to have the memory of a goldfish…

ok buddy

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I am so bored of those metroid prime remaster rumours, we keep hearing them non-stop for years by now.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I am so bored of those metroid prime remasters, we keep hearing them non-stop for year by now.

Well tbf, this is a little different, this is about a remake/remaster of just the first game, which is a relatively new rumor that only popped up last yeah. But yes, you're right, we have been hearing about some form of remasters for the Prime games for so long, and I'm pretty sure this was one of the many people talking about it before.

Bait02

Jan 5, 2019
I am so bored of those metroid prime remasters, we keep hearing them non-stop for year by now.
Agreed but seems reasonable in this specific case. It's very likely Nintendo has been sitting on it for a while to launch it in conjunction with Prime 4, and we basically know that game was originally planned to be released earlier.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When other people already taking about P6 for PS5, I am still waiting for P4A BC on Xbox and P5 on Xbox.
Seems it is the time for me to wake up and give up.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When other people already taking about P6 for PS5, I am still waiting for P4A BC on Xbox and P5 on Xbox.
Seems it is the time for me to wake up and give up.
This one is impossible for sure giving how they're relaunching the game in other platforms
(also, P4A is already BC in some regions, Ultimax is not anywhere)

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
How is it possible for an unannounced game to be delayed?

I would be glad to see all these games come to fruition, though it's disappointing to see yet another Atlus RPG be exclusive to a single console.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people asking for a 2024-2025 game to be on Switch? lol

By that time even Nintendo would've moved on from Switch to whatever their next hardware is.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't P5 and Royal sell like 5m combined? Cool down it's not some kind of niche franchise anymore

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Making Persona 6 exclusive to PS5 considering the low install base the console currently has does not sound like a good idea.

But we all know that if they announce the game this year, it will take them like 2 years minimum to release it, so for 2024-2025 PS5 will have a good install base, hopefully

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Persona 6 has probably been in development for sometime and will look like a PS4 game when it releases. I imagine that Sony will have it launch as a PS5 exclusive, but possibly like Godfall it will get ported to PS4 after a year.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we will see any permanent Playstation exclusive 3rd party titles going forward. You have to be truly stupid - or laughably poor when negotiating a deal to commit to a 100% exclusive title when the platform owner you are doing the deal with does not even demand the same thing of its own internally developed first party games

It might take 2-3 years to see the games on PC but they will be there eventually

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
New FE was to be expected, but i really expected the remake to be first.

I'm confused by these comments, why are so many expecting the remake first? Just look at the 3ds, it got 2 brand new mainline FE games then a remake, 3 games in total (Awakening, Fates and Echoes).

I expect the same with the Switch: 2 brand new mainline FE games (developed by KT and IS) and then a remake at the end of the Switch life/cross gen mostly developed by IS.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
I know nothing about this guy, but I listened to the Persona segment, and the way it's presented doesn't sound like a "leak" at all---just sounds like they're speculating / making predictions.
Ahh, so it's only Nate's speculation. This makes much more sense now.
I'll be honest, I just read this thread not the podcast so thank you for mentioning this. I have a hard time seeing P6 only being ps5 exclusive with Atlus' history. It will be certainly interesting to see.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused by these comments, why are so many expecting the remake first? Just look at the 3ds, it got 2 brand new mainline FE games then a remake, 3 games in total (Awakening, Fates and Echoes).

I expect the same with the Switch: 2 brand new mainline FE games (developed by KT and IS) and then a remake at the end of the Switch life/cross gen mostly developed by IS.
I wouldn't say I was surprised by it, but for me it just made sense to have a remake in between 2 new release rather than the opposite, simply because you expect a remake to take less time to be made allowing it to serve as a filler while the bigger project is being made.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm very doubtful of the idea of a Mario game timed with the film. It's possible but I don't think it's at all necessary.
I was one of the people talking about 3D world being timed with the theme park, which sort of happened maybe thanks to COVID, but that was just an inevitable Wii U port we all knew would happen anyway.
They are speculating now about a DK game maybe being timed with the park extension but ultimately I think it's kind of silly idea for a 10+ year theme park attraction to need a game launching along side it.
Everyone knows DK is that gorilla from Mario Kart.

Paper Cheese

Oct 9, 2019
This thread needs to be edited or locked tbh, I've listened to the podcast and most of the stuff listen in the OP isn't Nate's usual inside information, its just him and MVG speculating and attempting to predict Nintendo's 2022. Especially the "Persona 6 exclusive to PS5" comment which was pure speculation in the podcast, not based on any info.

Jul 26, 2018
I wouldn't say I was surprised by it, but for me it just made sense to have a remake in between 2 new release rather than the opposite, simply because you expect a remake to take less time to be made allowing it to serve as a filler while the bigger project is being made.
Awakening -> Fates -> SoV

Blazing Sword -> Sacred Stones-> DS remake of FE

This seems like standard practice.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
I'm very doubtful of the idea of a Mario game timed with the film. It's possible but I don't think it's at all necessary.
I was one of the people talking about 3D world being timed with the theme park, which sort of happened maybe thanks to COVID, but that was just an inevitable Wii U port we all knew would happen anyway.
They are speculating now about a DK game maybe being timed with the park extension but ultimately I think it's kind of silly idea for a 10+ year theme park attraction to need a game launching along side it.
Everyone knows DK is that gorilla from Mario Kart.
yeah this is not in the OP, but he seems very sure of it (and a reason why they wouldnt need BOTW) - they don't want to mix messages with a big film and a big game at the same time. Not sure a game to coincide with a theme park extension makes sense either given the worldwide nature of games and fairly local nature of theme parks for people travelling there - not sure theres any reason to make them related

Aveyn Knight

Nov 29, 2017
UK
Awakening -> Fates -> SoV

Blazing Sword -> Sacred Stones-> DS remake of FE

This seems like standard practice.
Hmm, I wouldn't really call it standard practice when it only happened twice?

Also, are you only counting handheld entries? Even still, that's not quite the full story.

The second line should be: Blazing Blade -> Sacred Stones -> Path of Radiance -> Radiant Dawn -> DS remake of FE1 -> DS remake of FE3

Basically, I feel like there isn't much of a pattern and IS just does whatever they want xD

Oct 27, 2017
Even tho there are many instances of Nintendo not making easy money on rereleases but it surprises me the cube and Wii FE didn't get HD versions like Sunshjne in switch. It's an emulator right? Seems like it would be quick enough and since both sell (especially cube) for loads online ppl wouldn't bat an eye at $59.99 as much for a bundle

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the OP did a fucking shit job at summarizing the podcast. It is filled with a lot of misinformation. All of the Persona discussion was speculation. Nate and NVG were discussing whether they thought the Persona games would come to Switch. NVG didn't think so but Nate predicted that Persona 4 would come eventually to PS and Switch. He never stated they were coming as a fact. Same with the Xenoblade 3 stuff. Nate said he thinks will it release this year and just said he could see it slipping into next year.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more surprised of Persona 6 being PS5 exclusive and not available in PS4 than it not being in the Switch. Persona 5 was published in PS3 for God's sake! haha
Because it was originally developed for PS3 and was supposed to release in 2014 when PS3 was still viable platform. PS4 version was basically port and came to the picture because huge delays. Assuming P6 is still at least few years away PS4 will be dead platform. They are not going to make PS4 version just for extra 100k in japan when persona is globally multimillion seller nowadays.

Even tho there are many instances of Nintendo not making easy money on rereleases but it surprises me the cube and Wii FE didn't get HD versions like Sunshjne in switch. It's an emulator right? Seems like it would be quick enough and since both sell (especially cube) for loads online ppl wouldn't bat an eye at $59.99 as much for a bundle
It comes down to how IntSys wants to handle them in the end. Nintendo could suggest a super simple upres of both games, but if IntSys has aims of doing more thorough remasters or possibly even remakes, there's nothing to do but wait around until their number gets called.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018

FE is a series that had a handfull of remakes, and with the "Echoes" subseries it seemed as if they want to make it a more regular thing, similar to pokemon.
Add that for the last mainline they had to outsource it to KT for the move to HD (next to paper mario), and it seemed that they would try to space the new entries with remakes in between.

Its obviously no hard facts, for that we would need internal knowledge of nintendo/KT/IS.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
FE is a series that had a handfull of remakes, and with the "Echoes" subseries it seemed as if they want to make it a more regular thing, similar to pokemon.

'Echoes' was apparently not intended to be a sub-series of regular remakes, per post-release interview, but might well grow into that.

Hmm, I wouldn't really call it standard practice when it only happened twice?

Also, are you only counting handheld entries? Even still, that's not quite the full story.

The second line should be: Blazing Blade -> Sacred Stones -> Path of Radiance -> Radiant Dawn -> DS remake of FE1 -> DS remake of FE3

Basically, I feel like there isn't much of a pattern and IS just does whatever they want xD

Yeah, agreed, FE is kind of difficult to make predictions for, especially with KT's involvement now.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I dont see how a brand new FE will release before a Genealogy remake