• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As someone that's a big fan of the game: where? The art direction carries the game pretty far, but it's not like it's doing anything that we haven't seen on the Switch already. It seems like it's chugging when it does more down to Atlus's inexperience with working on UE4 on lower spec hardware than anything else.
This video goes in depth

HouseAR

May 17, 2020
Curious to see the result of a high end gamecube game like Metroid on Switch in terms of actual graphical improvement

a remaster of such a glorious title would definitely require a better hardware to shine on

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
You do know that P5 is the highest selling Atlus game ever and the majority of those sales were not from Japan. And you do know that the PS5 is outpacing PS4 sales WW and P6 probably won't be out until 2023-2024 and by that time PS5 will have 40-50+ million install base. I can assure you P6 will sell millions. I just don't see what's so appalling about it.

Yeah thats why I don't get the pessimism. Persona is on an upward trajectory in terms of sales and it is all but guaranteed to sell millions. Also the software for PS5 is Japan is bad, but nothing huge has come out for it. Once FF, Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter etc etc start coming out for it it'll start blossoming again.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the "switch holding it back" complaints when we'll probably be multiple years into the lifespan of a more powerful switch by the time P6 is out lmao

plus the fact that persona is a turn based RPG who's visuals are heavily carried by its particular stylized art style and not detail or realism. Like if there's any game that wouldn't be "held back" by not being on next gen, it's that

the concern trolling is getting a bit ridiculous

This video goes in depth

I've already seen the video, but that doesn't answer the question at all. Damn near everything SMTV does was already present in Xenoblade 2, and that game had a far larger scope in terms of size, geometry, population density of enemy models, on top of having more large areas to explore that are almost all entirely unique from each other versus SMTV's more limited palette. Yeah, the resolution in handheld mode for Xenoblade 2 is infamously terrible, but even the video mentions that UE4 titles on Switch have had far better results overall than what SMTV delivers.

Budjira

Nov 24, 2021
Prime Remake + New FE + Botw sequel + Kirby that looks Mario quality + Bayo 3 + more?

This year could be the best of Switch, yeah

Also Splatoon, Mario + Rabbids, Advance Wars, Triangle Strategy. Insane year.

It looks to be rivaling the Switch's launch year but will personally surpass it for me, and that's without Mario and a likely Zelda delay. 2022 is shaping up to be an incredible year for all platforms. I only worry games will be delayed to space out releases

This is actually very true and it expands on what I meant. My point was that I'm not sure there's a "Three Houses team" and KT probably already reshuffled those guys into the Romance of the Three Kingdoms 37 team.
I wonder if that means that the Genealogy remake is largely IS working on their own, as it's been a fair bit since they shipped Paper Mario and I imagine that they already have a solid base to work with that won't require K-T to be over their shoulders (ironic, I know) to pull it off. If that is to follow so quickly in its footsteps, it would almost have to be that setup.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am in great need of more Fire Emblem after three houses. Please Nintendo.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
A Nintendo direct should be coming up soon, I feel. They usually have one in January. Would shed a bit more clarity on this leak.

Nov 25, 2021
We all still try to apply logic or patterns to nintendo's announcements and releases?
Like a certain other company with a rumoured game in this rumour, it just never works

Isn't February the more consistent month as of recent for Nintendo's first Direct of the year anyway? Between the Kirby release date and all the focus now being on Pokemon Legends at the end of the month, I doubt Nintendo would even want anything to get in the way until next month, which is appearing to be the rare quiet month for their releases otherwise.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Dragon Quest always goes where the (Japanese) playerbase is. At most we might get a port, but that wouldn't move the needle much on its own. I can see a Monster Hunter World follow-up coming, but after watching Rise rake it in I dunno if Capcom's gonna want to skip the (next?) Switch again.

Dragon Quest will be on PS5 day 1 in the West realistically.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Isn't February the more consistent month as of recent for Nintendo's first Direct of the year anyway? Between the Kirby release date and all the focus now being on Pokemon Legends at the end of the month, I doubt Nintendo would even want anything to get in the way until next month, which is appearing to be the rare quiet month for their releases otherwise.
If you want to go by patterns then 3D World + Bowser's Fury got a twitter dropped trailer/release date the same day as Kirby did this year before a direct on Feb 17th

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man Xenoblade 3 delay hurtssss :(

Still hope it's this year. Easily my most anticipated switch game

Somniac

Banned
Oct 10, 2021
Not my intention. I think Persona 5 in particular looks great. I remain confused from people saying they would be glad a Persona 6 is PS5 exclusive so it won't be "held back" when Atlus has no history of pushing the technical envelope in the first place. And if Atlus is deciding on exclusivity themselves, it's even more ridiculous that it wouldn't be coming to other systems.
Ahhh true true

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
A Nintendo direct should be coming up soon, I feel. They usually have one in January. Would shed a bit more clarity on this leak.
Odds are looking mighty high for a Direct next month. It's a fairly consistent pattern they've followed for a few years in the Switch generation thus far:

Notable Q1 release (re)revealed in September the previous year. Provide new information (new trailer, release date) outside of a Direct in January. A Direct follows in February to reveal the remainder of the H1 lineup. Yoshi's Crafted World and 3D World + Bowser's Fury followed this; and now Kirby seemingly is too.

Man I hope not... That would be 6 years between releases (excluding the HD remaster of 1).

Still expected a Switch version of X by now as well.
They'll want to give X the same care and attention the original got I imagine. I expect it sometime after Xenoblade 3; possibly a cross-gen title for late into the OG Switch life cycle (and early for Switch 2).

Oct 25, 2017
Just give me persona 4 golden on PS4/5. I'd be fucking jazzed if the new PS whatever service has FES too to save me from setting up my PS3.

Oct 27, 2017
Also Splatoon, Mario + Rabbids, Advance Wars, Triangle Strategy. Insane year.
I just don't see all of those making 2022. I can see 90% of them but Zelda slips to 2023, or Zelda makes it and 3 of those slips to 2023

my guess is M+R2, AW, Kirby, Triangle Strategy, and Zelda WW/TP HD, Metroid Prime Remake, Splatoon 3, FE Sequel with Zelda BOTW2, FE Remake, Bayo 3 slipping into 2023

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
I just don't see all of those making 2022. I can see 90% of them but Zelda slips to 2023, or Zelda makes it and 3 of those slips to 2023

my guess is M+R2, AW, Kirby, Triangle Strategy, and Zelda WW/TP HD, Metroid Prime Remake, Splatoon 3, FE Sequel with Zelda BOTW2, FE Remake, Bayo 3 slipping into 2023
Nate said in the podcast that he had heard that M+R2 was not going smoothly and would probably be delayed into 2023 unless it somehow makes late 2022

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe they finally want to make a persona game that doesn't look like it's from 3 generations back. Would explain it not appearing on switch.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
2022 is going to be a massive year with Pokemon Legends, 3D Kirby, Triangle Strategy, Advance Wars, Mario + Rabbids, Monster Hunter: Daybreak, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, New Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime remake, and BoTW 2. I really hope rumors pan out for a new Resident Evil for Switch. I've craved a new Resident Evil experience on the Switch. I also would presume that they would have some smaller casual titles intermixed. Not really heard of for a platform 5 years in. Also I'm skeptical of a Switch successor coming anytime soon. This amount of software and level of support is typically reserved for early on in gaming platform's lives.

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
- Metroid Prime remaster for 2022 coinciding with the 20 year anniversary

CharlieBrownLucyFootball.jpg

Aug 27, 2018
I'm very excited about a new Persona game, that being said...I would bet my savings it isn't coming out this year.

Edit: Totally mixed up two of the bullet points, Persona 4 Golden this year is totally possible and I'm here for it.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that, I'd rather have a quality day and date release on Switch than a heavily downgraded game that'll barely run on it come years later
I can appreciate that stance. I like my Switch quite a bit and will even buy games that run worse on it if I think they are a better fit for the console. However, that hardware is old (it released feeling dated). The games being released on it are being held back by the Switch's limitations. For a big new release, I want Atlus to be able to deliver something that runs silky smooth and looks like a dream. If they are targeting the Switch on release then that isn't going to be possible.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Persona 6, current-gen only? Very highly doubt that. Persona 4 came out on PS2 several years into the PS360 gen, and Persona 5 was on PS3 in 2017. P6 could come out in, say, 2025 on PS4 and no one would so much as bat an eye.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I do like the branched paths in 3 houses, but I hope they cool it on divergent routes in the next new game, I think it makes the stories of all routes worse than they could be(I did like 3 houses story, but that game was made way more engaging by its great characters more than the actual story/plot).

njean777

Jan 2, 2020
Not very excited for RE to be on the switch, I have one, but I would like to have them all on PS.... Oh well, we shall see.

Oct 26, 2017
I can appreciate that stance. I like my Switch quite a bit and will even buy games that run worse on it if I think they are a better fit for the console. However, that hardware is old (it released feeling dated). The games being released on it are being held back by the Switch's limitations. For a big new release, I want Atlus to be able to deliver something that runs silky smooth and looks like a dream. If they are targeting the Switch on release then that isn't going to be possible.
Every game ever made will be held by the platform they're on as well have their hardware dated from day one. It just depends on how you judge them. Just like I didn't compare the Vita to the PS3 or PS4, I don't really compare the Switch to the PS4 or PS5 as their form factors and focus is completely different

Well...I mean, it'd certainly be silky smooth on the other platforms, if they actually did use the Switch as the lead platform and, if SMT V and P5 are any indication, will look great either way. Like I can totally get wanting an ambitious next gen designed Persona but I don't think ATLUS has ever really made a game that's particularly ambitious