Oct 27, 2017
wow

ive been watching the stream for the last hour

its just amazing to think about what was just accomplished

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Dang need that as a a full animation. also they should AI us to fill in all the missing frames in those last 30 seconds

Eferim

May 20, 2019
After it struck the asteroid, someone in the live chat on YouTube goes "that one was for the dinosaurs". Lmao.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming all those images are from the stream, so we will get better resolution images from NASA soon, right?

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
okay but what if this knocks it into a course for earth? smh scientists

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely more of a "potato in space textured in gravel" sort of asteroid. Not like the ones in the movies.
Quite interesting how Dimorphos looks so mundane.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, it's weird how fake the thing looks. Like it's basically a miniature mountain with no top or bottom. A dumb way to describe it I guess but there is nothing like it on Earth.

Incredible feat.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, it's weird how fake the thing looks. Like it's basically a miniature mountain with no top or bottom. A dumb way to describe it I guess but there is nothing like it on Earth.

Incredible feat.
Looked a bit like a sample material ball from a modern PBR style 3d DCC app like Substance Painter/ZBrush or Quixel :P

alexlf

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Grats to everyone who worked on it, incredible stuff.
Glad such an important mission was a success.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The "time lapsed"video they are showing now on the stream is gorgeous! I want a full resolution version of it.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
And some civilization on another planet just witnessed some weird impact on an asteroid.