Status
Not open for further replies.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Uh, did SE increase Final Fantasy VIIs price? At least in Canada. I remember it being cheaper full price.

Atelier Arland pack is still way too damn tempting, lol. Doubt it'll go cheaper though, but I should probably wait.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Kills me that Sony won't bring so many PS2 classics to PS4 and they're stuck on PS3....

Would love to get Gradius V for a few bucks
I think that's more of a Konami thing and they've shown no interest in bringing their PS2 games to PS4.

It could be a Konami thing, but the same situation exists for multiple other publishers that brought downloadable PS2 games to PS3 and not to PS4. It's just that this was especially noticeable with Konami, since they actually released a few downloadable PS2 games on PS3 after Sony already started their initiative to bring PS2 games to PS4.

Sony could (and should) have done something about this, by arranging deals with publishers to make the same games available on PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
It could be a Konami thing, but the same situation exists for multiple other publishers that brought downloadable PS2 games to PS3 and not to PS4. It's just that this was especially noticeable with Konami, since they actually released a few downloadable PS2 games on PS3 after Sony already started their initiative to bring PS2 games to PS4.

Sony could (and should) have done something about this, by arranging deals with publishers to make the same games available on PS4.
I just wanna play Suikoden šŸ˜­

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Uuh.. I'll probably spend $100 on this sale. Those SE titles has been sitting on my wishlist for quite some time waiting for sales. Especially those older FF and SAGA.

Now, where can I find time to play those?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Atelier Remasters worth it? I'm kinda enjoying Ryza

Yes, with the caveat that they play differently than Ryza does. Battles are turn-based (and fairly rudimentary, especially Rorona), and alchemy works differently--not better or worse, just different. Less focus on storyline, more emphasis on silly moe hijinks. If you're unsure it's a bit hard to recommend just because I don't think it makes financial sense to buy the games separately (could be wrong though?) and buying all three at once is that much more disappointment if you don't like the Arland version of the formula. But if you're just worried about whether the games are good or not, they are!

Here's an example video that's representative of the early part of Rorona DX:

There are battle segments throughout the video, and I think some decent alchemy bits near the end. The alchemy system gets a lot more involved later on in the games, but I figured showing later bits could be considered spoilers.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, Kill la Kill IF is only $13? The DLC for that was free right? If so ill probably get it

Jan 4, 2018
It's finally time to play Judgment. Also picked up Suikoden 4, Maximo, and Silent Hill 1. I really hope Sony brings PS2/1 games (and 3 but seems unlikely) to PS5, I just love digging through those catalogs for things I missed.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Okay picked up Full Body as well, been spending the most on this sale in recent memory - $110. The only game left is Judgment and thankfully it's not on it's historical low.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Finally going to try Chrono Cross. I love Chrono Trigger but Cross didn't seem like the follow up I wanted. But enough time has passed since I last played Trigger I'm willing to give it a fair shake.

Edit: Aaaaand just wasted an hour and a half because my ps3 ps1 digital memory card was full and there is no way to make one unless you quit the game. Insane.

Last edited:

Lunchbox

ʃuoɹŹ Ź‡į“‰ ʃuį“‰op ĒÉ¹,noŹŽ 'Ź‡É„ʃį“‰É¹ sį“‰É„Ź‡ pɐĒÉ¹ noŹŽ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Thinking of getting Kill La Kill IF, but I have enough games!!

Professor Beef

Official ResetEraā„¢ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
A loose story mode will teach you how to play all the different mechanics of the game, but online's a different story.
Yeah I figured there'd be nothing but killers online by this point. Still, it looks fun enough.
How does Persona 5 compare to Fire Emblem Three Houses? The style really puts me off
They're completely different in terms of how they play. P5 is more of a traditional RPG.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I figured there'd be nothing but killers online by this point. Still, it looks fun enough.

The problem with online won't be how good the players are. It's that if you're out of practice you'll have to lose a bunch to do the research and figure out how to build a good deck. That part can be fun if you like deck building though.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Got Mega man 9 and 10 bundle and Castlevania Lament of innocence. Had my eyes on these ones for a while.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
7 games for ~$100: 2 FF + 2 SAGA + 1 Touhou + 2 extra
My backlog is rapidly growing.

Also that Utawarerumono bundle (Deception + Truth) for that price is a steal lol.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is AI somnium files worth it if i like 999 but not Danganronpa ?

platypo

Jan 9, 2018
Picked up Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! and it's really cute and fun so far. The music is all remixes of songs from all FFs so that's been a nice surprise. The color palettes are really soothing too, if you like Wii era games the game's worth it at that price.

Also picked up The Missing, Zanki Zero and The Silver Case. This is a great sale.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Picked up Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! and it's really cute and fun so far. The music is all remixes of songs from all FFs so that's been a nice surprise. The color palettes are really soothing too, if you like Wii era games the game's worth it at that price.

Also picked up The Missing, Zanki Zero and The Silver Case. This is a great sale.
What's the gameplay like??
Only Chocobo game I played was Racing back in the day.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the gameplay like??
Only Chocobo game I played was Racing back in the day.
It's a dungeon crawler with randomly generated maps. You control Chocobo and a partner with classic FF job classes facing classic FF enemies listening to beautiful classic FF music.

It's a very charming game, but it can be hard if you don't grind, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.