• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Hyper Light Drifter and Witcher 3 during the sale. Having fun with Hyper Light but saving Witcher 3 to play on a big trip later in the year.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Does anyone know if there are any differences between the Switch and PS4/XBO/PC versions of Horizon Chase Turbo? I couldn't find anything about it so I assume they're all the same no matter which version I buy but I want to be completely sure before I buy it on Switch.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I might be finally grabbing Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux. Meant to grab it at some point anyway and that's a pretty good deal.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
Picked up Bloodstained and was surprised how well it ran. I was really impressed with it until it crashed 2 times within an hour! Yeesh! Really making me hesitant to do much exploring for fear of losing progress. Hope it gets some more patches cause it seems like a lot of fun.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Picked up dragon ball fighters. Will be awesome on switch for portable fighter and MK on my Pro for when I want that style of graphics.

It seems awesome so far, and me and my wife might have finally found another fighter we both enjoy after MK, we will see

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
Another big patch is due this month.

Oh that's awesome. Maybe I'll just wait to play it until then.

Considering picking up something else too. I've got Slay The Spire on PC but I stopped playing after a few hours because I thought I'd pick it up eventually on the Switch... but I also want to get Steamworld Quest. I know they are very different games but I can't decide between the 2.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Picked up dragon ball fighters. Will be awesome on switch for portable fighter and MK on my Pro for when I want that style of graphics.

It seems awesome so far, and me and my wife might have finally found another fighter we both enjoy after MK, we will see
I like how FighterZ lets you pull off awesome looking shit without having to execute a sequence of complicated inputs.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Bloodstained and was surprised how well it ran. I was really impressed with it until it crashed 2 times within an hour! Yeesh! Really making me hesitant to do much exploring for fear of losing progress. Hope it gets some more patches cause it seems like a lot of fun.
How long has this game been out and it's still crashing? Shit like this should be removed from the eShop until it's fixed.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really thinking of nabbing Dead Cells for $17.50... I've heard nothing but splendid things about the game, so I hope this little impulse buy doesn't result in buyer's remorse :0

Dogo Mojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone help me decide on an rpg to pick up after I finish up Divinity. I'll probably take a short break afterward because I've gotten so invested in DOS2 but I want something as a back up once I'm ready for it.

I was thinking of Pillars if Eternity but a few people have said the Switch version isn't up to par. I was also interested in Children of Morta until I found out it was a rouge like. So I've been thinking of either Neverwinter, Planscape/Baulders, Titan Quest or Dragons Dogma. Switch has been a great platform for me to play RPGs while I heal.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I'm sure it's been posted, but y'all should absolutely not sleep on THOTH and 140 by Jeppe Carlsen. THOTH is a cool, twin stick shooter with abstract horror, and 140 is a very creative minimalistic platformer. Each is $4.99, but if you buy one, you can download the other for free.
Woahhh i didn't know about that, thanks for the heads up....I had been interested in them since I heard good things about them years ago but didn't know which one to go for, that makes things much easier lol

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Tangledeep is definitely the first modern sprite game I've played that has a scanline option. Pretty cool imo, I think it looks quite good with it.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
How is Gato Roboto? From the trailer it kind of reminds me of Kero Blaster which I loved.

And a few Sega Ages opinions needed:

Puyo Puyo:

Aside from the usual M2 bells and whistles is there any advantage to getting this if I already have Puyo Puyo Tetris not to mention Puyo Puyo 2 on the SNES app? But I'm a sucker for pretty much anything Puyo Puyo and Compile in general so I just gotta know.

Ichidant-R:

Know nothing about this outside of it being a mini game collection. Doubt I'd interested in it at full price but I could use something off beat in my classic Sega lineup.

Space Harrier:

Anything that makes this version worth a download if I already have the 3DS Classics port?

Last edited:

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
Someone help me decide on an rpg to pick up after I finish up Divinity. I'll probably take a short break afterward because I've gotten so invested in DOS2 but I want something as a back up once I'm ready for it.

I was thinking of Pillars if Eternity but a few people have said the Switch version isn't up to par. I was also interested in Children of Morta until I found out it was a rouge like. So I've been thinking of either Neverwinter, Planscape/Baulders, Titan Quest or Dragons Dogma. Switch has been a great platform for me to play RPGs while I heal.
Yeah, I've also heard the Pillars port isn't good but I haven't played it so I can't comment. I do have Dragons Dogma though and I really enjoy it.

The performance isn't amazing and there's a crazy amount of pop in but I'm still enjoying it. I wouldn't recommend it for the story/ world though. It's pretty generic in that category.

The combat is great though and pretty varied and accessible.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Oh! Apologies, was curious how it compares to Symphonia and Berseria, as well how it runs on the Switch and all. Thank you ^^

Symphonia is one of the most famous games in the Tales series, but it plays and looks like an old game because it is an old game.
Berseria is very, very strong on characters--in fact, I will say that it has the strongest cast in any Tales game ever--although the overworld, and especially the dungeons--are really drab. The characters what basically carry this game for me. Fantastic voice acting too, incredible and very strong work (except for one particular side character) in this regard.

Vesperia is the one with the highest production value. It looks beautiful all around, and although IMO the cast is overall weaker than Berseria, many consider Yuri as the strongest lead in the Tales series, and for good reason. The battle system is rather simple, but fun. The villain is really weak though. I think for anyone jumping to the Tales series for the first time, it's the best choice, since this game really is good value for what the price is asking. The Switch version is the first time the added content ever released in the west, and AFAIK it has no discernible performance issue.

FatalT

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
Really thinking of nabbing Dead Cells for $17.50... I've heard nothing but splendid things about the game, so I hope this little impulse buy doesn't result in buyer's remorse :0

Buy it! That's the cheapest it's ever been. I was debating on buying it on PS4 or Switch and ended up going with the Switch version because it just seems like a great game to have in a portable form. So far I haven't even played it in docked mode and have just been playing in bed in portable mode. I've put a good bit of hours into it so far, beaten it once and gotten the first stem cell to increase the difficulty, and haven't had any issues with performance or slowdown.
You won't be disappointed!

I'm currently on the fence about Children of Morta. A Diablo-esque rogue-lite sounds awesome but the fact that it has an ending and no New Game+ with a harder difficulty is a little upsetting. I like Dead Cells because it has endless replayability since it doesn't really have an "ending." I guess Children of Morta could be a good "other game" to play along with Dead Cells though, since it does seem to have a pretty in-your-face story where Dead Cells takes the Dark Souls approach to story telling where you have to glean what you can from loading screens, random events in areas, and the world itself as you travel through it.

Anyone else pick up Children of Morta and enjoy it?

EDIT: Another thing I love about Dead Cells is no matter what happens on your run, you'll probably end up getting more cells to put towards unlocking something new or upgrading something so you never feel like you just wasted a run. I like HARDCORE rogue-likes and rogue-lites like that but I also like feeling a sense of progression in abilities and power, not just my own skill of learning enemy attack patterns and things like that. Rran from your avatar I'm assuming you loved Hollow Knight so you'll absolutely like Dead Cells. It probably won't reach the difficulty level of Hollow Knight until you get to like 3-4 stem cells though. I'm getting my butt handed to me with just 1 and having to take it off to grind out cells to upgrade my health flask, unlock weapons, and things like that though so I can even last in the 1 boss cell runs. I never finished Hollow Knight because I hit a brick wall at a boss that bursts through a stained glass window and that game doesn't have too much leeway when it comes to grinding for more power and health like Dead Cells or even Dark Souls.

Last edited:

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Buy it! That's the cheapest it's ever been. I was debating on buying it on PS4 or Switch and ended up going with the Switch version because it just seems like a great game to have in a portable form. So far I haven't even played it in docked mode and have just been playing in bed in portable mode. I've put a good bit of hours into it so far, beaten it once and gotten the first stem cell to increase the difficulty, and haven't had any issues with performance or slowdown.
You won't be disappointed!

I'm currently on the fence about Children of Morta. A Diablo-esque rogue-lite sounds awesome but the fact that it has an ending and no New Game+ with a harder difficulty is a little upsetting. I like Dead Cells because it has endless replayability since it doesn't really have an "ending." I guess Children of Morta could be a good "other game" to play along with Dead Cells though, since it does seem to have a pretty in-your-face story where Dead Cells takes the Dark Souls approach to story telling where you have to glean what you can from loading screens, random events in areas, and the world itself as you travel through it.

Anyone else pick up Children of Morta and enjoy it?
Children of Morta is fantastic. As for a new game+ the devs announced they'll be adding one soon as well as more characters, items, and story content.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/52376/children-of-morta-details-new-content-roadmap-for-2020

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
All three of the games I made are 33+% off in North America for my 33rd birthday, and are on sale until the end of PAX South:

LOVE ($1.99): https://nintendo.com/games/detail/love-switch
kuso ($2.99): https://nintendo.com/games/detail/kuso-switch
Pulstario ($0.66): https://nintendo.com/games/detail/pulstario-switch

I'm biased of course, but I really think kuso's worth people's time, and it has remade versions of every level from LOVE. Pulstario's soundtrack is killer for the price, but so is the OST for LOVE and kuso.

If you have eShop Gold Points, you can always pick the games up with those -- I still get paid the same.
https://twitter.com/thatsmytrunks/status/1217120207979892737/photo/1

A.M.

Community Resettler
Symphonia is one of the most famous games in the Tales series, but it plays and looks like an old game because it is an old game.
Berseria is very, very strong on characters--in fact, I will say that it has the strongest cast in any Tales game ever--although the overworld, and especially the dungeons--are really drab. The characters what basically carry this game for me. Fantastic voice acting too, incredible and very strong work (except for one particular side character) in this regard.

Vesperia is the one with the highest production value. It looks beautiful all around, and although IMO the cast is overall weaker than Berseria, many consider Yuri as the strongest lead in the Tales series, and for good reason. The battle system is rather simple, but fun. The villain is really weak though. I think for anyone jumping to the Tales series for the first time, it's the best choice, since this game really is good value for what the price is asking. The Switch version is the first time the added content ever released in the west, and AFAIK it has no discernible performance issue.

Thank you so much! I should've mentioned, I never beat the two games I listed...both are a tad.... nuisance, like you said. Grabbed Vesperia—really hope it eases me into the series... if that makes sense.

Thank you again! 💜

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't been able to check my 3DS. Any deals on Samus Returns?

A.M.

Community Resettler
All three of the games I made are 33+% off in North America for my 33rd birthday, and are on sale until the end of PAX South:

LOVE ($1.99): https://nintendo.com/games/detail/love-switch
kuso ($2.99): https://nintendo.com/games/detail/kuso-switch
Pulstario ($0.66): https://nintendo.com/games/detail/pulstario-switch

I'm biased of course, but I really think kuso's worth people's time, and it has remade versions of every level from LOVE. Pulstario's soundtrack is killer for the price, but so is the OST for LOVE and kuso.

If you have eShop Gold Points, you can always pick the games up with those -- I still get paid the same.
https://twitter.com/thatsmytrunks/status/1217120207979892737/photo/1

Oh, hey! I haven't seen you post in a loooong while!
I'd like to thank you for Love and kuso (apologies, haven't played Pulstario >.<).

As a new, singular startup dev studio, Love is one of the many games that inspired me to keep striving towards my dream job (And now I know single dev work sucks so much... lol).
It was a pain, but I finally completely certified a few months ago!

So... thank you.💜

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Oh, hey! I haven't seen you post in a loooong while!
I'd like to thank you for Love and kuso (apologies, haven't played Pulstario >.<).

As a new, singular startup dev studio, Love is one of the many games that inspired me to keep striving towards my dream job (And now I know single dev work sucks so much... lol).
It was a pain, but I finally completely certified a few months ago!

So... thank you.💜

Oh gosh, thank you! I'm active here, just mostly in Destiny threads. Congrats on getting certified, and hit me up when you've got somethin' coming out!

Shizza

Oct 27, 2017
stardew valley doesn't have couch co-op does it?
It does, kinda. I don't think you can do it on a single switch (split screen), but this past holiday while I was home visiting friends, we played via local wifi - him being on the TV using his switch, and me playing handheld on my switch.

We must have spent about 20+ hours playing over the course of a week, and it was a ton of fun. It became a mix of working on our own goals, and then teaming up to take on the mine or do an event together. The shared currency seemed strange at first, but after we realized what was up we let the stockpile build up, and then took turns making big purchases.