Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
If anyone likes Side-scrolling Action Games like the original castlevania games and you haven't bought Bloodstained Curse of the Moon yet, you need to. It's fantastic to play through with a killer soundtrack and multiple characters you can choose to add to your roster or not (ala Castlevania 3). It's on sale for $5 right now, half off.
Bloodstained: CotM is a modern day oldschool classic. It's like if the NES Castlevanias were...more approachable.

Easy rec, and I haven't even played RotN yet.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Any recs on the Lego Series? They're all super cheap. I played the Star Wars ones way back as a kid, and more recently picked up City Undercover on the Wii U. I'm thinking I'll reacquire the latter... and perhaps the Harry Potter collection?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Quite happy with this sale! Grabbed:

Sega 3D Classics (3DS)
Corpse Party (3DS)
Fairun Collection (Switch)
Oniken+Odallus Collection (Switch)
Super Bomberman R (Switch)

This sale has also pretty much convinced me that I just need to look at the website from now on instead of trying to look through it on the Switch, which is a laggy mess. They really need to do an overhaul on the eShop and add features to the OS in general, but I digress...

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Donut County, Subsurface Circular and Tangle Tower. Great sale!

You missed one ;)
|
V
Bloodstained: CotM is a modern day oldschool classic. It's like if the NES Castlevanias were...more approachable.

Easy rec, and I haven't even played RotN yet.

Yeah I haven't played RotN either (debating picking it up this sale but I have a lot of other sidescroller action games to get through so still unsure), but CotM is just so good it's hard to not recommend it.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Damn. I just realized we're far along the Switch's life to get pretty great sales like this now. Rip wallet

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of grabbing Katana Zero.

Is Mortal Kombat 11 any good on Switch?

edit: Shit, I'm curious about Risk of Rain 2 also...

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Looking at wandersong, ori and risk of rain 2. But I have to choose two. Any suggestions on which to pick up?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at wandersong, ori and risk of rain 2. But I have to choose two. Any suggestions on which to pick up?
Heard Wandersong is super charming and enjoyable. Ori is one of my favorite games of all time so if you like your Cutetroidvanias with a heaping dose of platforming I think you will love it.

_bemusedchunk

Banned
Nov 6, 2019
North of Boston

I ended up getting Risk of Rain 2 since I heard good things about it. Haven't launched it yet.

See above.

Slay the spire port is ok on switch?
I think its a perfect port with no issues.

May 5, 2018
Wandersong is one of my all time favorite indies. It has a fun gameplay mechanic of using the power of song to help people solve their small problems and the characters and narrative are some of the best I've seen in a video game. I was really enamored with my time with Wandersong.

Oct 29, 2017
Tempted to pick up This War of Mine for 60% off, I don't think I've seen it as heavily discounted as that before. I heard it's great minus some minor issues with the buttons sometimes causing the wrong interactions when your characters are standing near multiple interactable objects.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
This was a good sale. Finally binged on things I have been holding out on.
Okami HD, Unravel Two, Mario + Rabbids DLC, and Uglydolls (for the 5 year old who has asked for it)

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
No Return of the Obra Dinn? Waiting for it to go on sale, have too much of a backlog to pay full price

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
Dead Cells is on sale right now on Nintendo e-shop, but I haven't quite decided if I want to play it on PS4 or Switch. I hear the performance isn't as good on the switch. Can anyone confirm this?

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Dead Cells is on sale right now on Nintendo e-shop, but I haven't quite decided if I want to play it on PS4 or Switch. I hear the performance isn't as good on the switch. Can anyone confirm this?
I play it in handheld and it normally runs good, but, if you do runs with fire+oil, that can turn into a PowerPoint. Theres the option of cap it at 30 but nah.

Aneru

Mar 15, 2019
Any thoughts on Donut County? I think I've heard before this is a fun game. I'm looking for somethjing to play with my 6 year old so I am hoping it is something she might like.

Oct 27, 2017
Snagged Steamworld Dig 2 and Jamestown+, I think that's gonna be it for me for a while. Maybe I can actually play some games now.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan

It is as any other AAA game on Switch: a huge technical achievement for a portable system and you will enjoy it a lot if that will be how you play it, but with noticeable sacrifices if you looked at it like a console game mainly. I enjoy it very much, it looks very good and it is smooth overall, but the difference compared to PS4 is very clear.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Ultimate Edition, been waiting for it to go on sale. Next is probably River City Girls.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
I bought VC4 last year and still haven't played it

I really gotta chill with buying vs. playing lol

By the time I get around to playing it, its going to be even cheaper.

What's the best sub $20 rpg available? I'm looking for something new.

Definitely Valkyria Chronicles 1

A GOAT SRPG

Switch sale prices are awful. First party game prices are a fucking joke.

Yup Yup.

lol its the same price as last years new years sale iirc.