• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish the switch had no games
I pretty much have no time for any other console. I even sold my PS4 because I haven't turned it on in four months and I barely play my PC

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a decent time to trade it in to gamestop if you don't want to risk selling it yourself. $190 value and there's a 25% extra deal going for any hardware. Although if you don't want to be stuck with store credit then that's understandable.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having a PC really does eliminate a good amount of the games the switch has to offer. I still only own Mario and Zelda.

Nov 23, 2017
Since beating Zelda and Mario mine has collected dust too. Was gonna get Octopath but didn't like the fragmented storylines and it just doesn't seem like an epic jrpg like DQ11.

No interest in smash bros never have been don't see the hype in a beat em up. Dunno why people are excited for this series...it's just a beat em up like Tekken and Street Fighter? Gonna be dull as hell in single player. No thanks.played the one on Wii, nice music but got bored after 15 min. Seemed like a multiplayer game which I'm not into.

Apart from Metroid Prime there's nothing on it I want for the future? The fact there's no achievements on it it really bites and the main reason I don't buy anymore Switch only exclusive games. The indie games I can just play on PS4 they look better and have trophies. Like I bought Valkyria Chronicles 4 on PS4 since it's gonna look a lot better and have trophies. Also why would I wanna play KH3 on Switch when it'll be so gimped like that lame Pocket Edition FFXV? It feels like Switch owners take scraps of games sometimes like they eat up games that are a shadow of their former self because they can't get anything as good because of the hardware. FFXV Pocket Edition is a prime example. I'd take PS4 any day over these versions. Don't care about portability I like proper controllers and a big screen and no leads with headphones etc. Everything is overpriced on the shop too. No good sales.

It's an ok console for on the move but underwhelming otherwise. There's nothing I want on it for the past year or so.
Do you...not know what SSB is?

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
Hey so do other people's electronics only collect dust when they're not being used? Because I really don't think the overall amount of dust in my apartment changes. Maybe there's something wrong with my apartment?

Deleted member 5148

Oct 25, 2017
Im like the OP but more exaggerated.

I haven't bought any other games outside of botw and mario o.

I'm waiting for smash u and yoshi craft.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
You should try Mario and Rabbids. Its a surprisingly fun strategy game and its 3D. It also regularly goes on sale for $30 at retail.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Since beating Zelda and Mario mine has collected dust too. Was gonna get Octopath but didn't like the fragmented storylines and it just doesn't seem like an epic jrpg like DQ11.

No interest in smash bros never have been don't see the hype in a beat em up. Dunno why people are excited for this series...it's just a beat em up like Tekken and Street Fighter? Gonna be dull as hell in single player. No thanks.played the one on Wii, nice music but got bored after 15 min. Seemed like a multiplayer game which I'm not into.

Apart from Metroid Prime there's nothing on it I want for the future? The fact there's no achievements on it it really bites and the main reason I don't buy anymore Switch only exclusive games. The indie games I can just play on PS4 they look better and have trophies. Like I bought Valkyria Chronicles 4 on PS4 since it's gonna look a lot better and have trophies. Also why would I wanna play KH3 on Switch when it'll be so gimped like that lame Pocket Edition FFXV? It feels like Switch owners take scraps of games sometimes like they eat up games that are a shadow of their former self because they can't get anything as good because of the hardware. FFXV Pocket Edition is a prime example. I'd take PS4 any day over these versions. Don't care about portability I like proper controllers and a big screen and no leads with headphones etc. Everything is overpriced on the shop too. No good sales.

It's an ok console for on the move but underwhelming otherwise. There's nothing I want on it for the past year or so.
Yes Smash Brothers is a multiplayer focused game with a ton of depth, that's why we're excited for the series. Many of us play games with other people.

Also Switch has proper controls lol.

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
It's a decent time to trade it in to gamestop if you don't want to risk selling it yourself. $190 value and there's a 25% extra deal going for any hardware. Although if you don't want to be stuck with store credit then that's understandable.

I'm going to be using it when Pokémon and Smash come out. There's just been this huge gap in purchases that seem worthwhile to me.

Alcibiades

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Having a PC really does eliminate a good amount of the games the switch has to offer. I still only own Mario and Zelda.

Not if you value portability, which believe it or not, is a big selling point for the Nintendo Switch.

It's why games like Dead Cells and Hollow Knight sell much more on Switch than PS4.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Switch isn't all that great for a lot of people if you take out the portability aspect.

And the "literally the only place with Nintendo games" aspect. Yes.

Switch is a nintendo system. Nintendo games go on it. If you have no interest in either Nintendo or portability, maybe this isn't for you?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
There's a report button.

You're not really much better here either IMO.

There's an OP and a topic you could and probably should contribute towards instead.
Yes because I'm here shitting on the OP. Totally the same.
What is to be expected from a "collecting dust" thread?
If you think the OP is meaningless then that's fine just ignore the thread. Other people clearly think it's worth discussing. Is that much to ask?

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have about $500 worth of games on my eShop wish list.

Yeah, the price of Switch games is definitely it's worst aspect, but as others have said, OP, your issue is not with the Switch, but rather your taste in games, your funds, and your odd opinions on independent game development.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Since you said you already bought both Octopath Traveler and Hollow Knight, I'd strongly suggest giving them another chance. They are really amazing games and worth your time.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kirby, Mario Tennis and Super Mario Party were disappointing to many

I don't think Super Mario Party is disappointing anyone. It's been heralded as the best Mario Party game in years and years. Sure, people have been complaining that there are not enough boards, but considering how poor the MP series has been for so long, no-one had reason to have particularly high expectations of this game and everyone has been pleasantly surprised.

The Futurist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a switch pretty much only for Nintendo games. It will never be used as much as my xbox/pc/ps4.

Not really an issue for me. Haven't turned mine on in a few months.

When smash gets here, it will be used again.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's been a bad year if you owned a Wii U and don't really care about the portability and so have no reason to buy third party games on it. Hopefully next year will be a lot better, especially from Japanese publishers.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been using mine either. The games just can't compete with what I have on Xbox.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As an owner of the Wii U, 2018 has been a really bad year for my Switch. I picked up the expansion pass for Torna, Celeste and will pick up Smash.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes because I'm here shitting on the OP. Totally the same.

If you think the OP is meaningless then that's fine just ignore the thread. Othervpeople clearly think it's worth discussing. Is that much to ask?

That's what you got from those two comments?

They were doing nothing of the sort...

Edit: this comment was in response to your first line before you edited on your second. I'll bold the part I refute to be clear.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm kinda on the same boat. XB2 Torna was the first Switch game I bought this year. Otherwise, I only really used my Switch for ARMS's Party Crashes & Splatoon 2's Splatfests (plus the occasional XB2 grind, which could be more fun now that I have the Expansion Pass). The only games I actually own are...
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (plus DLC)
  2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  3. ARMS
  4. Splatoon 2 (plus DLC)
  5. Sonic Mania (plus DLC)
  6. Super Mario Odyssey
  7. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (plus DLC)
  8. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country
Beyond Smash & Mega Man 11, there really isn't anything else for me to buy this year. I could double-dip on DBFZ, but I'd have to buy all of the DLC characters again.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
Splatoon 2 feels very different from Splatoon 1 to me. The maps, the new weapons, and specials all change the dynamic quite a bit. The new modes obviously are great as well.

I don't know, this all sounds like a you issue. There are many, many games on the Switch I personally want to play that I have but haven't completed yet, and many more that I want to buy. But I can't because I'm addicted to Splatoon. Overall, I don't think there's a shortage at all. You can look at metacritic or the eshop threads here for recommendations.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
The eShop has plenty of great stuff in it. "Bombarded with garbage" is as hyperbolic as it comes. The sales aren't as good as those found on PSN or Steam but I've never had any trouble finding something that interested me. These past few months have been filled with great games like Iconoclasts, Wizard of Legend, Dead Cells, Hollow Knight, Into The Breach... I've also picked up older gems like Battle Chef Brigade and Joe Dever's Lone Wolf from the sales section on a monthly basis.

Other consoles have had their catalogs building up for half a decade so of course you're going to see "great" games on sale. Though I feel like your definition of "great" probably means "AAA". The Switch is for Nintendo games and lots of fantastic indie titles. Which you don't seem to care for all that much. Nor do you care about the portable nature of the Switch. So... yeah, it kinda makes sense that it's collecting dust in your case.

Ethan Hutn

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
I dont have a switch but price is main factors I dont own one. Cant be asked to pay £55 for joyconns etc. So agree with OP on that.
Hoping for some more AAA games and decent BF bundles.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP- I think you should actually take the advice of some people in this thread, or just sell the console. I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve otherwise.

Mods- please can we not have so many duplicate threads about Switch stuff, it just clogs the board up all the time. I don't understand why we can't have a single thread for all the "the Switch has no interesting games" complaints.

OP
OP
MrConbon210

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I have about $500 worth of games on my eShop wish list.

Yeah, the price of Switch games is definitely it's worst aspect, but as others have said, OP, your issue is not with the Switch, but rather your taste in games, your funds, and your odd opinions on independent game development.

I don't have a problem with indie games themselves but moreso the large majority of them are retro style 2D roguelikes is metroidvanias. I'm not a fan of those types of games. I've loved games like Journey, Unfinished Swan, and Outlast.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say the console just doesn't sound like it ever really was for you OP. It's mainly geared towards busy folk who travel often or people who just like mobile gaming in general and families, as well as people who like playing games in a social fashion with other people; it doesn't sound like you fit into any of those categories. You may like it more as you get older and get into the work force, get married, have kids and that whole nine yards, as I can tell you that I and many other fellow fathers and mothers that I know all love our Switches. For my money it's simply the most convenient console ever made for families, and for that it's probably my most used console currently with Xbox One X in second.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Some of the replies in here are harsh. I can relate though OP. I've been playing Dead Cells and The Messenger. I've enjoyed those games, but there was a huge gap where it went unused.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I have just shy of 90 games for the Switch and mine also collects dust, the trick is you gotta clean it.

Shadout

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Not getting much use out of my Switch either. But one of my favorite games this year was on Switch (Xenoblade 2) so no complaint. And I'll get around to Torna "soon-ish".
Not really any other games this year I have been interested in - my main platform is PC, so the amazing amount of indies for Switch already exists there. Also rarely using it in handheld mode.

Only played BotW, Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 on the Switch. All of them were great though, so could be worse. My PS4 was the Bloodborne machine for quite some time :D

Nov 23, 2017
Did people post about how their ps4's were collecting dust in 2014/2015 and say "If you're a PS3 owner, and also if you don't count the features the PS4 has special to it, the PS4 is a paperweight" on GAF? Another honest question.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch strikes me as a good second console. You really need a PS4 if you want to enjoy all the big name multiplats and the best first party content (spiderman, for example)

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Good luck with waiting on a good sale on those Nintendo games, especially in the eshop. You will be waiting until Switch 3 and still getting a max discount of 50%.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
That's what you got from those two comments?

They were doing nothing of the sort...

Edit: this comment was in response to your first line before you edited on your second. I'll bold the part I refute to be clear.
Lol ok. I hope next time you make a thread and people start posting "cool story" that you take it as a positive remark about your thread and not basically shitting on it.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Did people post about how their ps4's were collecting dust in 2014/2015 and say "If you're a PS3 owner, and also if you don't count the features the PS4 has special to it, the PS4 is a paperweight" on GAF? Another honest question.

I dunno. My PS4 is collecting dust now. Persona 5 is boring and DQ XI is better on PC. I got Spider-man but don't feel like playing it.

If I have spare time I'd rather game on my PC or lay on the couch with Switch.

Doesn't seem interesting enough to make a topic about though.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My point is that the eShop needs to start doing sales like these. I play my PS4 so much and wish my Switch would get the love it deserves.
Why would Nintendo's titles ever go down that much in price? Battlefield 1 is $5 because it is a yearly franchise that is made obsolete every year when the next game comes out and the majority of the playerbase moves over. We are very close to Battlefield 5's release date, so...yeah they are going to heavily discount the game to get as many sales as possible before the new one comes out and no one gives a shit any more. Nintendo games are NOT like that, and there is absolutely no way you didn't understand that going in...because Nintendo games have NEVER gone down in price like that, the closest is when they do like a Player's Choice/Nintendo Select's line, and even then those are $20+

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

I havent really picked up anything on the PS4 in the last few months. Rented DQ so im playing that, Dont care about GOW and Spiderman I can get around Black friday. So i guess I understand the op. Tho I wouldn't make a thread about it. If I was not really enjoying the system I'd just get rid of it.