Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There are people that legitimately think Bakugou is a good character and deserves screentime.
Humanity is doomed.

I used to hate him in the first season, and for most parts in the second season, but now i kinda love him XD. I don't know if he is the best character, cause for me that would definitely be All Might, sorry boku students, but you can't live up to this hero, no way, but he is the best from class 1A.

Oct 25, 2017
Bakugou is becoming less of a dick, he's fine. He's got some past shit that he's never going to live down sure, but he's not exactly the same brash piece of shit he was in season one. Bakugou internalizes too much stuff and if he can ever grow out of that and embrace his friends better he'll be a better character/person for it.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well, at least we all know who is the worst... -__-

I've read that the manga is pretty good, isn't it? But, i read the pages with the fight All Might vs All For one, and United State of Smash was not even nearly as awesome as it was in the Anime, so i'm now kinda afraid to continue reading.

Oct 25, 2017

I've read that the manga is pretty good, isn't it? But, i read the pages with the fight All Might vs All For one, and United State of Smash was not even nearly as awesome as it was in the Anime, so i'm now kinda afraid to continue reading.
There are some key panels where the anime doesn't live up though. Shigaraki's intro in the manga for example is a really great detailed panel and creepy looking.

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I don't mind Bakugo. I think he is fine as a character and there is always potential to keep improving as a person, not just to others but to himself as well. Will be interesting to see how he'll turn out at the end of the series.

Anyway, I too miss the anime and can't wait for season four. So much so I've started reading the manga.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It would help, I need to do the same at some point though I'm sure the anime doesn't leave out as much small things as the HxH manga did.

lol yeah, like i had to explain to all my friends, why

Kaito was even that important to Gon, and why Gon went berserk. They all understood that he was sad, but going this crazy for someone he just met? They did a terrible job with that part.

Oct 25, 2017
lol yeah, like i had to explain to all my friends, why

Kaito was even that important to Gon, and why Gon went berserk. They all understood that he was sad, but going this crazy for someone he just met? They did a terrible job with that part.
Yeah that's the only real transgression. I didn't mind too much on first watch and they did explain how much he meant to him, just felt like too big of a scene for it to be a flashback.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

Continue reading. There's some insane art that the anime doesn't translate to screen like it should have. That's the only thing worrying me about season 4. There's a couple of things that have amazingly detailed art that will be lost in translation

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, same as mine, it was just so awesome, although many people seem to dislike it, probably cause the beginning of the Arc is really slow.
It's really not slow, they just don't like when something sets up plot threads and builds up tension towards them afterwards. Also people hate the narration, though I honestly can't imagine the last half of it without the narration.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's really not slow, they just don't like when something sets up plot threads and builds up tension towards them afterwards. Also people hate the narration, though I honestly can't imagine the last half of it without the narration.

I loved everything about it, the build up, the narrator, all the details, best thing i have ever seen to be honest. Nothing comes even close to it.

Oct 25, 2017
I loved everything about it, the build up, the narrator, all the details, best thing i have ever seen to be honest. Nothing comes even close to it.
The themes were too great, as long as you don't read it on a superficial level it's a great arc, probably won't be touched period. The whole cast had some great character moments, even the "bad guys."

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
There is no such thing as "best character". There are character arcs either written well or not. You either get touched by them or you do not.
Bakugo's story can be a moving one, once his layer of arrogance and irrationality is peeled off (or when, as the article's writer rightfully points out: when you realize that HE IS NOT AN ADULT, HE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO ACT LIKE ONE!).

This "best char" and "shipping" and all that jazz has made many people unable to rationally approach and enjoy actual storytelling with faulty characters in it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

I wasn't aware there was a MHA Abridged (tho it shouldn't surprise me).

I think I need to watch this XD

Also been curious about Hunter x hunter, what is the best way to experience that?

Also I'm the one putting up the MY hero: one's Justice ot Wednesday, thought it'd be fun to ask and throw around some ideas with you guys since it's closer to the anime than manga, here's 2 I came up with:
My Hero: One's Justice |OT| Uraraka Floated Away the Academia
My Hero: One's Justice |OT| Two Heroes 4 Sidekicks

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, watched 3 eps of Cowboy Bebop but couldn't get into it, which is a shame because that aesthetic is sickkk. Onto something else...

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Its funny how things turned out... my friends were the ones the push me to get into MHA. I resisted at first but eventually gave in.... one of the best decisions I ever made lol

Now I managed to convince one of my friends to get into MHA and he marathoned it so hard cuz he enjoyed it. Lol

He was telling me his favorite scenes and characters and I couldnt help but smile.

Do you guys have any friends into MHA outside of Era?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
My friend loved it at first and stopped liking it by the end of season 1 because he said things kept happening and it became dbz

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to give the show a shot randomly back in July after seeing an image for it on crunchyroll when looking for DB super. Binged it in just under 2 weeks and then about a week or two later convinced a friend to watch it for the first time with me and we were able to catchup with the show for the last couple of episodes.

Outside of that friend I know a few who watch it or read the manga but I didnt actually realise until after I'd watched it myself.

xania

Oct 27, 2017
A friend was the one who got me into it... I think he was hoping I'd make the jump to the manga, too, but alas.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
So... Live action MHA is happening. A MHA movie with actual real people... MHA would be jarring with real people. Might be time to stop the hype train a bit lol

ml8sj5723fs01.gif