• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Who are you guys most interested in seeing in the next match? I've got my eyes on Sen Kaibara and Juzo Honenuki. The latter because he's a recommended student, and the former because I think Horikoshi would do another interesting twist (heh) for his quirk given that it was previously implied to be a power up type.

And for those who don't know, Sen's quirk is "gyrate" and Honenuki's is "soften." The latter's used it on cement so far during the cavalry battle, making the ground soft like quicksand. I bet he'll be able to use it on Shoto's ice. Horikoshi probably let him lose in the sports festival to showcase him later and surprise us. That... Or he didn't decide yet who'd be the recommended students for 1-B.

OP
OP
SalvaPot

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We're just speaking hypotheticals, specifically one where Deku isn't around for some reason.

Hmm, I suppose it's entirely possible that we don't get a time skip until the end. Well, a major time skip, anyway. We had one at the start when Deku was training for the U.A. entrance exam.

That begs the question of how the series will end, though, and when an epilogue would be set. Will the series end with Deku becoming #1, or will we see that in the epilogue? I think the most likely thing to happen is that the League is defeated and Deku isn't #1 yet, then we do a time skip to the epilogue.

By personal do you mean something like Kaminari not believing in himself? I could see that actually being the case... Maybe continuous use of his gear will also let his body get used to only discharging from a specific point and in turn get him to mentally acquaint himself with doing so naturally. If that makes any sense...

Great point about the quirks staying in character with its wielders! I suppose that means my dream of Momo creating a shield out of blades protruding from her body isn't so likely... Unless certain headcanons were to come true. Hmm. Anyway! Given your point on staying in character, would you say that creating an electric sword would be out of character for Kaminari? He said so before that he wanted to be able to do that. It seems too "fine" (in a finesse, fine tuning kind of way") of a move for him to pull, but at the same time... I feel like it would fit his personality.

Cool, cool. SalvaPot You want to do the next OT or is it alright if I do it?
Go for it :), I was working on it but I've been so busy lately I really have barely done anything.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Who are you guys most interested in seeing in the next match? I've got my eyes on Sen Kaibara and Juzo Honenuki. The latter because he's a recommended student, and the former because I think Horikoshi would do another interesting twist (heh) for his quirk given that it was previously implied to be a power up type.

And for those who don't know, Sen's quirk is "gyrate" and Honenuki's is "soften." The latter's used it on cement so far during the cavalry battle, making the ground soft like quicksand. I bet he'll be able to use it on Shoto's ice. Horikoshi probably let him lose in the sports festival to showcase him later and surprise us. That... Or he didn't decide yet who'd be the recommended students for 1-B.

BIG QUESTION: can bonesnatcher (Honenuki) soften human bodies? If so, his power is fucked up.

Still good call that softening is going to be a counter to Todoroki's ice. That mean's Shouto's gonna have to rely on his fire.

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Go for it :), I was working on it but I've been so busy lately I really have barely done anything.
Cool, thanks! Should've asked earlier so I could've gotten started on creating graphics sooner, haha.

On the topic of the new OT, I'm thinking of making a "character" section similar to what you'd find in the volumes. I'd like to feature 10 characters relevant to the current arc and status quo. Anybody got suggestions on who the 10 could be? Aside from the usual suspects (Deku, All Might, and Bakugo) of course. I'm leaning towards Shinso, Endeavor, and Hawks, but I'm not sure about the rest. Maybe Momo and Kendo due to the recent chapters, but then I'm not sure who else I'd take from the first match if I did that.

Or maybe I should use 1-B students for all 10 instead, heh.
BIG QUESTION: can bonesnatcher (Honenuki) soften human bodies? If so, his power is fucked up.

Still good call that softening is going to be a counter to Todoroki's ice. That mean's Shouto's gonna have to rely on his fire.
The heck kind of a nickname is Bonesnatcher? I like it.

The description says it can soften anything he touches, so... I think he can. It'd be so fucked up and broken if he can soften people, but I can certainly see it being possible.

I've said it before, but I would love it if Pony's "Horn Cannon" is a blast of air in order to counter Shoto's fire, thus pushing him into a corner and forcing him to simultaneously use both quirks and get way more creative.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, thanks! Should've asked earlier so I could've gotten started on creating graphics sooner, haha.

On the topic of the new OT, I'm thinking of making a "character" section similar to what you'd find in the volumes. I'd like to feature 10 characters relevant to the current arc and status quo. Anybody got suggestions on who the 10 could be? Aside from the usual suspects (Deku, All Might, and Bakugo) of course. I'm leaning towards Shinso, Endeavor, and Hawks, but I'm not sure about the rest. Maybe Momo and Kendo due to the recent chapters, but then I'm not sure who else I'd take from the first match if I did that.

Nominating Can't Ya See-kun

uqlo4Pe.png

"A young man whose passionate words single-handedly prevent the hero society from crumbling.
He also becomes a meme."
Or something.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

THE TORCH HAS BEEN PASSED
hqdefault.jpg

And yes, please include Kendo. For other 1-B students, Tetsu 4 and Monoma are the obvious candidates, being the most relevant 1B students alongside Kendo and their matches are coming up.

That image is way more fun than it has any right to be considering what Endeavor is at this point.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Here's Overhaul Dub voice or OverDub

He sounds pretty good to me.
I was just thinking about how amazing it must be for a young voice actor to land the role of a character like Overhaul.
He's in a super popular anime and has a ton of dialogue, much more than Shigaraki. Pretty challenging too.

CxTsM8H.png

How do you voice this?

Oct 25, 2017
A cannon, guess Horikoshi got inspired by the movie for the YaoCannon (best).. (unless shes used it before, unfortunately, Im not a creati expert so, this could be a comment made with limited knowledge)

I feel bad for the artists, have to draw all these random mushroom swirls, have you noticed how much there is to draw.

Tokoyami deserves the MVP award, he actually did capture someone and with his cape no less, in this so he deserves praise.

TeamClassB though nice.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

english dub mirio is pretty good

Ooh, that sounds great. I like sub Mirio too, but I think I like this more. Easily one of the best dub voices for me. From what little I've heard.
Nominating Can't Ya See-kun

uqlo4Pe.png

"A young man whose passionate words single-handedly prevent the hero society from crumbling.
He also becomes a meme."
Or something.
Fuck, that's brilliant. Now it'll be a crime not to honor this hero.
Here's Overhaul Dub voice or OverDub

I don't get the tweet. He sounds pretty fine to me. Not bad at all.
THE TORCH HAS BEEN PASSED

hqdefault.jpg

And yes, please include Kendo. For other 1-B students, Tetsu 4 and Monoma are the obvious candidates, being the most relevant 1B students alongside Kendo and their matches are coming up.
Ahaha, great picture choice.

Also, heh, I knew you'd approve of that suggestion. Good suggestion about Tetsutetsu and Monoma, though... The latter has been vocal since forever, and the former is coming up next week and was there a bit this last match too.

Speaking of the next match, the preview for this week's chapter ends with "Todoroki will...!" so I think he'll start off big again. Maybe. I wonder how many pages it'll be.
OT2: I can't even keep all these ideals
Ooh, I love that too.
Tokoyami deserves the MVP award, he actually did capture someone and with his cape no less, in this so he deserves praise.
Yeah, I really love that! Very clever of him to use Kuroiro's quirk against him.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
This is fucking adorable. I love this new ship. KuroMori FTW! Also, literally, I guess... Cause they won because of the psycho mushroom.

Its fiction yet theres debate about the YaoCannon :( its cool, why do we need a logical justification for if its not possible.
Why do you need to let other people having fun asking little questions bother you?

s y

Nov 8, 2017
But why did Momo need a whole canon to fire off a care package? It was just goggles and medicine.

I thought she was supposed to be smart.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Man, DBFighterZ really spoiled me. So many of the moves in it are just invented for the game. Like Kaminari has a rasengan for some reason. Not to mention the wall running just because it's just made by the Gunslinger Stratos devs. Feels like a MHA-skinned arena fighter rather than a MHA fighting game, if that makes any sense.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, DBFighterZ really spoiled me. So many of the moves in it are just invented for the game. Like Kaminari has a rasengan for some reason. Not to mention the wall running just because it's just made by the Gunslinger Stratos devs. Feels like a MHA-skinned arena fighter rather than a MHA fighting game, if that makes any sense.

Expect future MHA games to do this as well, because frankly they don't have much to work with.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Expect future MHA games to do this as well, because frankly they don't have much to work with.
I understand and I wouldn't mind it so much if they were at least based on what the characters actually do in the show. The Naruto Ultimate games do this well like with pre time skip Sakura incorporating "inner Sakura" into some of her moves. They also incorporate actual elements of the series into the games, like walking on water, use of ninja items, and substitution justu being a universal skill.

Some of the time it just feels like One's Justice is making shit up.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I understand and I wouldn't mind it so much if they were at least based on what the characters actually do in the show. The Naruto Ultimate games do this well like with pre time skip Sakura incorporating "inner Sakura" into some of her moves. They also incorporate actual elements of the series into the games, like walking on water, use of ninja items, and substitution justu being a universal skill.

Some of the time it just feels like One's Justice is making shit up.

Like I said, not much to work with. It's probably the first mainstream battle shounen series (At least that I can think of) in awhile where most of the cast has thus far shown a very limited moveset. It's different from something like HxH, in where their powers are a good fit for fighting games, but you pretty have to take a lot of liberties. Like Shiggy for example, you are pretty much forced to make shit up lmao. Likewise with Toga, it's far more fun to just allow her to transform freely.

The limitations makes sense well enough in-universe (For example, Class A are just kids, not badass ninja kids like in Naruto), but it doesn't translate very well for a fighting game. Like you said with Naruto, even if a character like Sakura initially didn't have that much going for them, they still had universal things they could utilize. MHA has nothing like that.

All that said.... the game allowing MHA characters to walk on walls is just stupid.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, not much to work with. It's probably the first mainstream battle shounen series (At least that I can think of) in awhile where most of the cast has thus far shown a very limited moveset. It's different from something like HxH, in where their powers are a good fit for fighting games, but you pretty have to take a lot of liberties. Like Shiggy for example, you are pretty much forced to make shit up lmao. Likewise with Toga, it's far more fun to just allow her to transform freely.

The limitations makes sense well enough in-universe (For example, Class A are just kids, not badass ninja kids like in Naruto), but it doesn't translate very well for a fighting game. Like you said with Naruto, even if a character like Sakura initially didn't have that much going for them, they still had universal things they could utilize. MHA has nothing like that.

All that said.... the game allowing MHA characters to walk on walls is just stupid.
Fair enough. Funny how characters that actually would fit right in with a fighting game like Ojiro get ignored. Oh well.

Oct 25, 2017
Game sold well enough, unless it totally bombs in the western world Im sure the 2nd HeroAca game on current gen hardware will indubitably increase the cast.

Praying it goes the BLack Clover Quartet Knights route.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
While I shouldn't expect it to have as in depth strategy/choreography as something like World Trigger (we'd be in this arc for a year lol), I think it is tough to have a fully satisfying 4v4 in limited chapter/page count (especially when most matches have 3-4 people that we haven't met before). It seems Horikoshi wants to move along at a good pace which is fine and probably favorable to many readers. That said, we are still getting an introduction to all of class B/power showcase, some fun moments in the battles, and more shinso so I'm happy enough.

Little worried about the page count. Would be one thing if it was just moving to 13 pages a week or so, but it sounds like Horikoshi wants to be at the full amount but can't. Hopefully they get better soon (and gets more breaks as needed).

OP
OP
SalvaPot

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The heck kind of a nickname is Bonesnatcher? I like it.

The description says it can soften anything he touches, so... I think he can. It'd be so fucked up and broken if he can soften people, but I can certainly see it being possible.

I've said it before, but I would love it if Pony's "Horn Cannon" is a blast of air in order to counter Shoto's fire, thus pushing him into a corner and forcing him to simultaneously use both quirks and get way more creative.
Mod edit: no pages with watermarks

Last edited by a moderator:

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
The You're Next always doubled as a threat to others villains in a cocky way for All Might even though he knew he was done. The It's Your Turn just doesn't resonate as much.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
But why did Momo need a whole canon to fire off a care package? It was just goggles and medicine.

I thought she was supposed to be smart.
I think I read that she reads a lot of historical artillery/arsenal books. I could have just imagined that tho. Also what's wrong with cannons? It does what it says on the tin... Although a launcher would have been more efficient... Maybe she just likes cannons. Nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.