• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
But why did Momo need a whole canon to fire off a care package? It was just goggles and medicine.

I thought she was supposed to be smart.
To tie Kendo now, plus also surprise and intimidate her for a bit.
Some of the time it just feels like One's Justice is making shit up.
That's like more than 50% of the time from what I've seen and I'm totally okay with it. It's not ideal, of course, but I'm just gonna focus on having nonsensical fun with the game.
"I hate when she uses cannons" doesnt exactly sound like "people having fun" though, unless my definition of fun is screwed up.
Oh, I thought you were referring to Caleb's tweets.
Mod edit: no pages with watermarks
Dang. What was this?
Man I prefer the official translation most of the time but "You're next" is so hype and "Now it's your turn" just can't compare for me.
I don't know most of the official stuff, but I definitely prefer "You're next" over "Now it's your turn." So much better and more intimidating.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Yo, if no one else has any suggestions on who to feature on the character section of the upcoming OT, I'll be going with the following ten:
  • Deku
  • All Might
  • Bakugo
  • Shoto
  • Momo
  • Kendo
  • Tetsutetsu
  • Monoma
  • Endeavor
  • Hawks
Who knew he'd be tolerable if you cut out his creepy pervert scenes. In the movie he's just thirsty, not creepy.
I did, lol. I like him in his non-pervy scenes, especially the ones involving Deku. Plus that one time he broke the fourth wall. That was hilarious.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Yo, if no one else has any suggestions on who to feature on the character section of the upcoming OT, I'll be going with the following ten:
  • Deku
  • All Might
  • Bakugo
  • Shoto
  • Momo
  • Kendo
  • Tetsutetsu
  • Monoma
  • Endeavor
  • Hawks

I did, lol. I like him in his non-pervy scenes, especially the ones involving Deku. Plus that one time he broke the fourth wall. That was hilarious.

Replace Tetsu or Kendo with Shinso. Also, if we're doing some prediction, i think Uraraka may end up being a bigger presence in this arc than those two as well.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's like more than 50% of the time from what I've seen and I'm totally okay with it. It's not ideal, of course, but I'm just gonna focus on having nonsensical fun with the game.
Yeah I'm just planning on having a silly good time with that game lol. If the gameplay doesn't make sense, so be it
  • Deku
  • All Might
  • Bakugo
  • Shoto
  • Momo
  • Kendo
  • Tetsutetsu
  • Monoma
  • Endeavor
  • Hawks

I like it. But you forgot Shinso, who you said would be included, since it's his arc essentially.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
  • Deku
  • All Might
  • Bakugo
  • Shoto
  • Momo
  • Kendo
  • Tetsutetsu
  • Monoma
  • Endeavor
  • Hawks

Another one for a Shinso addition.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
  • Deku
  • All Might
  • Bakugo
  • Shoto
  • Momo
  • Kendo
  • Tetsutetsu
  • Monoma
  • Endeavor
  • Hawks

Hm? What u got cooking there for Tetsu?

Anyways, Mirio.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
  • Deku
  • All Might
  • Bakugo
  • Shoto
  • Momo
  • Kendo
  • Tetsutetsu
  • Monoma
  • Endeavor
  • Hawks

I sense no bias in this.

Lol, I'm just messing. Replace Tetsutetsu with Shinsou and we're all good.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Replace Tetsu or Kendo with Shinso. Also, if we're doing some prediction, i think Uraraka may end up being a bigger presence in this arc than those two as well.
I like it. But you forgot Shinso, who you said would be included, since it's his arc essentially.
Another one for a Shinso addition.
Hm? What u got cooking there for Tetsu?

Anyways, Mirio.
I sense no bias in this.

Lol, I'm just messing. Replace Tetsutetsu with Shinsou and we're all good.
Fuck. Y'all are right. I totally forgot Shinso. Good thing I asked. In my defense, my first draft had him in it, lol. So... Remove Tetsutetsu in place of him, huh? I was thinking of including him since he's coming up next and he's done more than every 1-B student except Kendo. Might keep him and remove Monoma instead. (Also, really? None of you suggested removing Monoma? Didn't know y'all loved him so much)

Also, sorry Lotus , I'd love to add Mirio but he hasn't been relevant in a while now. (Hawks and Endeavor are there since they're both relevant to the current status quo of hero society, plus the former showed up in the flashback for chapter 200)

Maybe I'll continuously update that, though... I certainly wouldn't mind.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
(Also, really? None of you suggested removing Monoma? Didn't know y'all loved him so much)
Right now he's above Tetsu4 since he's the relevant 1-B student in the Shinso match vs Deku, which is the most important, and this is A vs B which Monoma has been all about since the start of the series.
Though I say just make it 11 and keep Tetsutetsu. Cause the boy's gotta be itching to show the gap has closed since he was the first one to bring that up in the story.
Make that "certainly" and the current list is good.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody have the page for the rest of the fight line up?

From the wiki's entry on Chapter 195

Also, Bakugo looks cool in that shot. Jiro too. And man, Kendo's team deserved the win considering how good their pose is. And I love how the B5 team members are looking at Monoma with concern/incredulity.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Alright I got desperate. I couldn't wait till S4 and just caught up with the manga instead. I love this series so much.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Right now he's above Tetsu4 since he's the relevant 1-B student in the Shinso match vs Deku, which is the most important, and this is A vs B which Monoma has been all about since the start of the series.
Though I say just make it 11 and keep Tetsutetsu. Cause the boy's gotta be itching to show the gap has closed since he was the first one to bring that up in the story.
Hmm. Fair point.
Make that "certainly" and the current list is good.
Well, that would certainly solve the issue...
leaving KiriKami out is offensive.
An adult thirsting for teenage boys is offensive and disgusting.
please read Dr. Stone...
Oh hey, I've been seeing volume 1 at the bookstore a lot. I also know Caleb highly recommends it. Don't have the cash for it right now, though, so maybe next time.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Alright I got desperate. I couldn't wait till S4 and just caught up with the manga instead. I love this series so much.
Welcome! What are your favorite aspects of the series from the parts you read in the manga (assuming you started from when Season 3 ended)?
Oh hey, I've been seeing volume 1 at the bookstore a lot. I also know Caleb highly recommends it. Don't have the cash for it right now, though, so maybe next time.
Whenever you can, please check it out and give me thoughts. I really love it and would love for more people on here to read it.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Whenever you can, please check it out and give me thoughts. I really love it and would love for more people on here to read it.
Will do! Out of curiosity, would you recommend Dr. Stone more than Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Yo, welcome to the manga! Glad to hear you love the series so much, always happy to see more fans.

Guess that answers your question about converts, Silfer .

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Will do! Out of curiosity, would you recommend Dr. Stone more than Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Yeah I love Dr Stone to death and would recommend it more than Yaiba but I'm also much deeper into Dr. Stone. Cause I'm caught up at 77 chapters whereas I've read only 2 volumes (15ish chapters) of Kimetsu no Yaiba. I'm loving Kimetsu no Yaiba too though so can't go wrong either way lol
Guess that answers your question about converts, Silfer .
Lol yup. Cool to have a new poster!

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome! What are your favorite aspects of the series from the parts you read in the manga (assuming you started from when Season 3 ended)?

Yeah I started where S3 ended. I really like the introduction of new characters, development of old characters, and finally some info on 1B. Really like the Big 2 and Fatgum especially.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing more disappointing than Nejire is that there is a Dragon Lady who barely gets any time. A lady who turns into a Dragon. Even more insulting is that she got bumped down a rank.The disrespect is unreal.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing more disappointing than Nejire is that there is a Dragon Lady who barely gets any time. A lady who turns into a Dragon. Even more insulting is that she got bumped down a rank.The disrespect is unreal.

Yo I swear I don't recall having Twice's quirk

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I love Dr Stone to death and would recommend it more than Yaiba but I'm also much deeper into Dr. Stone. Cause I'm caught up at 77 chapters whereas I've read only 2 volumes (15ish chapters) of Kimetsu no Yaiba. I'm loving Kimetsu no Yaiba too though so can't go wrong either way lol
Oh, it's only 77 chapters so far? Huh. Guess I shouldn't be too surprised since it still doesn't have an anime and only recently (or at least in terms of volume releases) got picked up by Viz.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think Japan would be all over a Dragon Girl but I guess not.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Ah, right. Forgot to post these. Continuing my own ratings thing from Joy_Boy's video.

For reference, the previous totals are:
  • Froppy: 30 31 (changing my mind on this cause I think she deserves a 4 in power due to overall combat ability)
  • Chargebolt: 25
  • Anima: 23
  • Red Riot: 25
Man it hurts to give Kirishima such a low rating...

Creati (Momo Yaoyorozu)
  • Power: 4
  • Rescue: 5
  • Mobility: 3
  • Intelligence: 5
  • Composure: 4
  • Cooperation: 5
  • Popularity: 5
  • TOTAL: 31
In terms of raw power, Momo could easily be a five for obvious reasons, but her lack of creativity and weak CQC abilities forces me to dock a point. As seen in the license exam, she's probably got the best rescue ability among her peers due to both her knowledge and the versatility of her quirk. I only gave her mobility a 3 because she has the advantage of creating rocket boots or whatever the fuck she needs, but she hasn't really used her quirk that way on-screen yet. Composure isn't perfect yet, but she's come pretty far since Yaoyorozu: Rising and is now thankfully calm even under heavy pressure. Momo works great with others and has shown some pretty good ability to lead a team, and is more than eager to help others, so perfect points for cooperation. Popularity gets perfect points too for pretty obvious reasons.

Tsukuyomi (Fumikage Tokoyami)
  • Power: 5
  • Rescue: 4
  • Mobility: 5
  • Intelligence: 4
  • Composure: 5
  • Cooperation: 4
  • Popularity: 4
  • TOTAL: 30
Tokoyami gets a straight up 5 for combat ability cause the boy's a fucking beast. Dark Shadow gives him great reach and his Black Ankh technique makes up for his weakness in close-quarters, plus allows him some sick moves like Sabbath. Rescue is a 4 thanks to Dark Shadow's versatility which would allow him to reach far away civilians, on top of being able to carry more than just one. Mobility is a 5 now too all thanks to Fallen Black Angel. Slightly above average intelligence since he's shown to be pretty clever in battles so far, particularly in the recent match. Tokoyami is also very composed even in high-pressure situations, as seen throughout the series. Even during the camp incident, he did a great job staying as calm as possible. He works well with others but hasn't done anything particularly noteworthy in that regard, so only 4 points. As for popularity, I'd like to think he'll be popular too just like in real life, lol.

Invisible Girl (Toru Hagakure)
  • Power: 3
  • Rescue: 2
  • Mobility: 2
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Composure: 3
  • Cooperation: 5
  • Popularity: 2
  • TOTAL: 20
Holy cow, that total. Power is at 3 points (and not 2, lol) because while she's really just an ordinary person that you can't see, it's precisely her quirk that would make her difficult to deal with as expressed by Manga. She showed some hand-to-hand skills too, on top of that. (yeah, I know, I'm being generous) Rescue is a 2 only because while she can provide some light, her invisibility would be a huge problem for traumatized and stressed out civilians trying to survive whatever villain attack they happened to be a victim of. Mobility is below average due to a lack of any advantage granted by her quirk. Intelligence is not Hagakure's strong suit, that's for sure… Low grades, announced herself right before attacking Manga, and not having a proper costume that would keep her warm and allow total invisibility. Average composure, panics at times of crisis but stayed fairly calm in attacking Manga at the end there. (yes, being generous again, lol) Cooperation is a 5, though, since she seems eager to work with her classmates. Popularity is almost definitely gonna be low since, well, she's invisible. She's a 5 to Ojiro, though.

Can't Stop Twinkling (Yuga Aoyama)
  • Power: 3
  • Rescue: 3
  • Mobility: 3
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Composure: 2
  • Cooperation: 4
  • Popularity: 2
  • TOTAL: 19
Holy cow even more. Ouch. Power is average because while his navel laser seems fairly powerful, he's lacking in actual combat ability. Rescue is average as well because his laser can be used to clear debris as well as provide light, so that's a decent advantage. Mobility is also an average because he only has the tiniest advantage provided by it, and that's to push himself quickly using his laser. (if he was smart, he'd put ports in his boots and gauntlets and fly like Iron Man) Intelligence and composure are… not good. He prioritized gossiping with Uraraka and failed to do anything the two (or three?) times Kuroiro captured him. Boy still has a long way to go. Cooperation is (and I'm being generous, I think) a 4 since he works pretty well with others but his inability to compose himself in tense situations gets in the way of being much help. Sadly, his popularity is only a 2 because I feel like the civilians would react to his presence much like his peers do.

I love Aoyama but man, he's got a long way to go. Kinda worried he'd get kicked out in place of Shinso now... (Hagakure has a long way to go too but I don't care, so lol)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Aoyama power only 3? Even if he has no combat ability it is powerful enough to deserve a 4

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Aoyama power only 3? Even if he has no combat ability it is powerful enough to deserve a 3
Wait... I'm confused. I did give him a 3. Did you mean 4 at the end of your post? I'm only rating them a 4 if the quirk gives them an above average advantage for combat. 3 would be like, simply having an advantage in combat.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also I saw that you gave Kaminari 3 in inteligence that is more than both Aoyama and Hagakure, depite Kaminari being the worst student in class and needing Tsuyu to remind him how to use his own device

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like Tsuyu should be above Momo in this arc.
I agree, she definitely performed better. I'm not rating only for this arc, though, but overall.

That dropkick will never not be sick.
Also I saw that you gave Kaminari 3 in inteligence that is more than both Aoyama and Hagakure, depite Kaminari being the worst student in class and needing Tsuyu to remind him how to use his own device
I think he's fairly clever in combat, unlike Aoyama who would prioritise asking Uraraka about her crush and not use his laser against Kuroiro, or Hagakure who announces her presence.
Grazie, Bleg! I'm a little surprised, though... Not gonna express disappointment at me for that somewhat low score Kirishima got? Lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, she definitely performed better. I'm not rating only for this arc, though, but overall.

That dropkick will never not be sick.

I think he's fairly clever in combat, unlike Aoyama who would prioritise asking Uraraka about her crush and not use his laser against Kuroiro, or Hagakure who announces her presence.

Grazie, Bleg! I'm a little surprised, though... Not gonna express disappointment at me for that somewhat low score Kirishima got? Lol.
When it comes to battle stuff and power I push my bias to the side

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Aoyama used his laser against kuroiro, when he was caught he couldn't do anything because he can't shoot lasers in his back. Aoyama is fairly inteligent because he is the only one to discover that Ochako likes deku and that deku isn't compatible with his quirk.
Also dropping points of hagakure for only that when she was smart to defeat snipe is unfair when Kaminari did worse like forgetting what his device does and his whole first fight against Ibara

Status
Not open for further replies.