Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Yeah, if I ever do this to my kid please put me out of my misery. Jesus Christ.

OP even admits that his father was an alcoholic and abuse was involved but we still get "what's wrong with it" posts.

For once, this isn't directed at the OP: Why can't any of you fuckers be normal

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing strange about this.

The father daughter relationship should not be inherently sexual lol. So that removes a lot of the weirdness.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
OP your edit just proves you are out of your depth. There is nothing sexual about a father and his daughter no matter what the age. Are you one of those "men can't control themselves" kind of people?

OP even admits that his father was an alcoholic and abuse was involved but we still get "what's wrong with it" posts.

He edited his post like 2 minutes ago. So get off your high horse breh.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
a dad helping a daughter.

"Edit: I can not see myself, an adult male, lieing on top of a teenage pubescent girl in bed with my face within inches of hers. To me that seems inappropriate. That's the image I see."

This just reeks of old man with young girl anxiety that is pervasive throughout society, men cannot even hold their daughters hand in public without some prudish idiot screaming molester.

Honestly you are thinking too much about this OP.

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
I mean' sure it's kinda gross to pop pimples and blackheads but unless this was some Junji Ito type stuff going on I don't see the problem.

tumblr_lwt6d6Lr5a1r4xqamo1_500.png

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, well it does sound super weird to do it in that way, but some people are just like that about black heads, and by that i mean, have a compulsion to squeeze them.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
I dunno OP. Lying in bed (literally, not figuratively) with another person can mean different things to different people. The squeezing blackheads part is definitely weird but not necessarily suspicious. I wouldn't worry about it unless you learn of any worse context or your sister voices that she was traumatized by it.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like OP brought this up to his sister she would be outraged at the insinuation

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017

He doesn't say abuse was involved in any way with this, so I don't know why we should be jumping to conclusions.
His father is a pedophile now?

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused. What are blackheads? I thought they were like ingrown hairs.

Aren't they really rare?

Don't you pluck them out with tweezers?

Am I thinking of something else?

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As someone with children and as someone who enjoys watching pimple popper videos on youtube I don't really see anything wrong with this.

It might come off as a bit weird to some people but I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
a dad helping a daughter.

"Edit: I can not see myself, an adult male, lieing on top of a teenage pubescent girl in bed with my face within inches of hers. To me that seems inappropriate. That's the image I see."

This just reeks of old man with young girl anxiety that is pervasive throughout society, men cannot even hold their daughters hand in public without some prudish idiot screaming molester.

Honestly you are thinking too much about this OP.

This makes me sad. My 18 month old daughter barely lets me out of her sight. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel if we have to stop showing each other affection when she's older simply because people might assume I'm a sexual predator.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017

The horse you are riding is quite high sir, please hop off for your own safety

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017

What the hell are you talking about?

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused. What are blackheads? I thought they were like ingrown hairs.

Aren't they really rare?

Don't you pluck them out with tweezers?

Am I thinking of something else?

Its basically a clogged hair folicle, that develops some puss underneath.

It's like a pimple, except it appears mostly as just a black circle on your skin, when you squeeze it some puss comes out.

OP
OP
Threadkular

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
Well he struggled with alcoholism so that automatically makes him a pedophile too apparently.

I have watched this man beat my mom to the ground for dinner being cold or questioning him for driving home drunk. I've been on the receiving end of beatings (and even worse, the sloppy drunken apologies, followed by the total ignoring of what happened last night the next morning) just for leaving out toys. Combine that with extreme religion, and building an objective "reality" (especially as an adult) of that time is extremely difficult.

Pardon me for being suspicious.

Was looking for some compassion. I'll be sure to post somewhere else next time.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
When I was around 12 I was wearing shorts and my mom started stroking my legs telling me I had sexy legs. I never wore shorts again and I sleep in jeans.

That's probably different than the op tho, this sounds fine and I think you may be picturing it differently than it really happened. Parents can also get close without doing or saying anything sexual as well.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If your mind is going there, but nothing actually happened... you're the one who is projecting
Having said that, it is still a weird image and thing to do, but not as sinister as you make it out to be

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I have watched this man beat my mom to the ground for dinner being cold or questioning him for driving home drunk. I've been on the receiving end of beatings (and even worse, the sloppy drunken apologies, followed by the total ignoring of what happened last night the next morning) just for leaving out toys.

I'm sorry you had to go through that but again there is still a big difference between that and being a pedophile.

Hops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid, Spain.
I have watched this man beat my mom to the ground for dinner being cold or questioning him for driving home drunk. I've been on the receiving end of beatings (and even worse, the sloppy drunken apologies, followed by the total ignoring of what happened last night the next morning) just for leaving out toys. Combine that with extreme religion, and building an objective "reality" (especially as an adult) of that time is extremely difficult.

Okay. He was violent and an alcoholic. What does that have to do with what you are saying?

The squeezing blackheads is super normal and A LOT of parents do it.

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't mean anything happened. Have you talk to you sister to see how she remembers it?

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Not being suspicious, it's just what you posted in the OP wasn't threatening or harmful in any shape or form. With further context I guess it makes more sense, but that's still assuming being an alcoholic/abusive parent also means you might be a pedophile which is a stretch.

Sorry for your trauma and I hope you're able to work through it

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
My mom did this with me and my sister when we first went through puberty and starting getting blackheads and breakouts. Hurt like fucking hell. I wouldn't be opposed to doing it for my hypothetical kids, girl or boy, either if I weren't pretty sure this is actually counter productive and bad for their skin and instead would just teach them a good skin care routine to help prevent them in the first place.

Unless OP has memories of other more overt sexual acts or incidents it's hard to say this particular behavior means anything, but given the physical abuse and other horrible behavior mentioned it's not exactly unreasonable for the OP to go down that road of thought and think the worst of anything their father did.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am confused. Was he laying next to her or was he laying on top of her? Why were they laying down anyway ?

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017

So then center the topic around that and not your father popping blackheads maybe?

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017

There is another topic of discussion to speak on your father's abuse, and what a peice of shit he was, but what you have brought up with your sister is really not suspicious

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Parents squeezing blackheads and zits off their kids is fine.

Doing it while over them in their own bed is inappropriate.

People caping for the dad's behavior is fucking depressing.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, doesn't sound like anything sexual. I'd get in bed with my mom when I was 13. There was nothing sexual about it. We didn't cuddle or anything, just watch TV and sometimes she'd tell me to scratch her back lol

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Without proper context how can you expect us to give you compassion? I'm sorry you went through this growing up, OP.

Maybe next time start with proper context so we can assess the situation because what you outlined in the op and this are two entirely different things.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
My mother used to bathe me.... Google, please tell me it's all okay.

Sounds like you have actual things to not love this guy for. Or you could just talk to your sister?

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry you dealt w/ that as a kid OP, but while you could say what your dad did was a little out of the ordinary it doesn't seem overtly sexual or anything. Laying on top of her is kinda ehhh but there obviously needs to be more context.

The fact that he was squeezing blackheads in and of itself is pretty normal, my wife does it to my nose all the time, if I had a daughter and she asked me to do it I wouldn't have a problem doing it.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
It's weird, but it doesn't sound abusive, sexual, or anything like that. I don't think it was necessarily damaging if everything was okay with the people involved.
Gonna watch this thread for more details, but so far, it seems like OP is projecting something onto this behaviour, based on the terrible experiences he has otherwise had. I don't mean this is any judging manner, just stating my thoughts so far

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Try looking up covert incest.

I'm pretty sure that helping someone with blackheads doesn't need to involve a bed at all, or laying on top of them, AT ALL. I believe your instincts are correct on this, and when you imagine putting yourself in that scenario and feel uncomfortable, it's for a damn good reason.

A lot of the stuff my Dad did was similar to this. It was wrong, but in a way that I couldn't articulate or call out, because it flies under the radar of being openly, recognizably, unquestionably sexual behavior. Abusers are often subtle like that. Like, my Dad liked to play with his genitals, and then play with my hair when I got out of the shower. Like marking me with his scent. When I was 12 I said it was gross and I didn't want him to touch me anymore, and in response I was berated for being a "pervert."

The long-term emotional results of such behavior is apparently similar to overt incest. Did my Dad actually have penis-in-vagina intercourse with me? No. Can I still vividly recall the smell of his sexual organs on my hair when I went to school? Yes. Did it make me feel dirty and not want to sit with my friends? Yes. Is the sense of defilement and violation real? Yes. Flashbacks, shame, confusion, all real. Whether your sister would acknowledge the incident you described as covert incest or not, I bet she has those kinds of vivid memories too, of her Dad on top of her with his face inches from hers and "fixing" her.

Being a "Daddy's girl" is more of a red flag, not less -- I was a Daddy's girl too, it was like Stockholm Syndrome. He doted on me and spoiled me, he was the source of most of my parental attention, and to realize he was abusing me was a truly heartbreaking time in my life. A lot of folks who have been through this kind of abuse have a very difficult time recognizing, acknowledging, and getting help with the problem. A lot of folks who have been through this feel complicit, and feel like they're the ones who are dirty or asked to be sexualized or wanted the attention. Of course we want our parents' attention -- they're our parents. There's a lot of shame and guilt, but it's always the fault of the perpetrating adult who takes advantage of their power over a vulnerable child and that child's implicit trust in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.