Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
System Requirements.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/mutant-year-zero-road-to-eden-system-requirements/45208

Hey folks!

A of you have been asking about the game's system requirements on PC and today we're ready to reveal what the requirements will be! They shouldn't be too heavy for modern PCs, but maybe now's the time to look into updating your hardware if you need to.

Minimum Requirements:
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-760 / AMD Phenom II X4 965
  • GPU: NVidia GTX 580 / AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • MEMORY: 6GB RAM
  • DISK SPACE: 8GB
Recommended Requirements:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 / AMD Radeon RX 480
  • MEMORY: 8GB RAM
  • DISK SPACE: 8GB

-----

The game will launch on Game Pass as well.

----

Full quote from the Shacknews article...

"Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden preview - The kind of duck face I can get behind
This turn-based tactical adventure game might be a masterpiece we never saw coming."

Initially posted these into an older thread for the game but realised it would be better to put them out into a standalone topic. Here's hoping the developers are able to iron out the mentioned bugs and balance issues; it'd be a shame to have something so promising get bogged down in those problems.

Releases next month on the 4th.

Shacknews
I fully expect Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden to start off small and then expand its fanbase as its fans spread the word around online. If the full game holds up to the promise of the portion I played, it would not surprise me if it became a cult hit. I can clearly see a time in the future where this game is ported to the Switch and a group of new players declare it to be the best thing ever, much like Hollow Knight experienced over the course of 2017 and 2018.

Gamespace
Assuming that sensation of randomness gets cleared away, however, Mutant Year Zero has the potential to be a great game for the strategically minded.

Polygon
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, the stylish turn-based adventure game from the small but experienced team at The Bearded Ladies Consulting, is coming along nicely. I've spent the last few days with an early preview build, one that lets me explore the game's opening few hours. But, while the stealth gameplay feels innovative and fresh, the product itself is desperately in need of more balance and polish.

TechRaptor
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is probably not a good enough fix for XCOM aficionados, but it just might carve its own niche. It's one that openly borrows from post-apocalyptic games and tropes, whether S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or Fallout, while still remaining its own beast. If it manages to stand out for its world and characters, most players will be willing to overlook the simple gameplay. There is just enough in the way of inventory and character management to keep RPG buffs engaged, and just enough of exploration and narrative to keep adventure gamers intrigued.

MMORPG.com
If you're a fan of post-apocalyptic settings and mutants, this is definitely a game you should be following. I suspect based on the little bit of story I've experienced already that fans of strong narratives will be interested, as well. I'm a little less certain of the traditional RPG crowd due to the linearity of what I played but see too many reasons not to throw the caution flag just yet to really have a strong opinion on that front. Either way, I'm glad Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden came across my screen. It was fun checking it out, and I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like by release.

cogConnected
That's what Mutant Year Zero feels like. It's certainly not the masterpiece that The Witcher 3 is, but it has all of that potential and creativity of the first Witcher. There's good writing in this RPG, and clever combat. There are also places where the dev team seems to be scratching their heads and shrugging. But given a month, Mutant Year Zero is going to be a helluva lot of fun to play. And maybe after another few games, The Bearded Ladies will be putting out a few all-time classics.

There are also some dev diaries on the game and its mechanics for anyone interested.

Last edited:

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I'm certainly fairly excited for it, already preordered it when they had that gamescom promotion

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, this is from "The Bearded Ladies Consulting"?! That's quite a major shift in genre and production quality.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Well, I played it for about one hour at Gamescom and, as an XCOM uber-fan, I really liked it. Its stealth spin is a great idea, and while it might seem over-difficult at first, it's just a matter of adapting to its tactics and mechanics. Can't wait to play it again.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
That duck...

latest

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The game's name is off - I mean MEtal gear's name is off to,
but at least that sounds cool no?

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
A RPG/Turn Based Squad Strategy Game hybrid. with unique characters in a post apocalyptic setting. Ticks all the right boxes so it's a day one purchase for me.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017

The name is actually taken from a swedish pen and paper roleplaying game, which this game seems to be based off. The original game was released in the eighties under the name Mutant. The latest edition added a subheading, Ă…r noll, which translates to Year zero.

img_8141b8d6j.jpg

img_8140thdxh.jpg

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I totally forgot about this game. Looks amazing. Glad OP made a new topic otherwise I may have missed it entirely.

After playing XCOM 2 for a bit (thanks PS+) I'm looking forward to some turn based that doesn't look like it's being run on PS3

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind XCom like games. But I DO mind that when I'm basically right in the face of a alien and I still miss my shot. How? I hate that. Hope this game doesn't have that.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I keep getting it mixed up with Biomutant

You know the other post apocalyptic game in the foresty jungle where you control a mutated anthropomorphized animals

What timing for these games lol

Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching ACG's video about it now and damn, it looks really cool. It seems that you walk around the levels yourself and you don't click on spots where the character should walk. I really really like that!

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching ACG's video about it now and damn, it looks really cool. It seems that you walk around the levels yourself and you don't click on spots where the character should walk. I really really like that!

Yup, you have direct control of the characters when out of battle.

It's part of the reason I'm excited for stealth in this game. There's something about darting around vision signifiers from a top-down perspective that will always grab me.

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, you have direct control of the characters when out of battle.

It's part of the reason I'm excited for stealth in this game. There's something about darting around vision signifiers from a top-down perspective that will always grab me.

Yeah I really dig that too!

Do we know if this will be enhanced for X and Pro? I sure hope so.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Saw Karak's video and yeah - I hoped this would be at least good-ish.
Also never know the pnp-rpg connection, very cool!

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Everything that is of this genre interests me

The comment of Shacknews and Switch is quite childish, everybody was talking about Hollow Knight before it was on Switch

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Just found out about this game when I checked out the trailer last night and it looked great. Happy to know it's turning out well since the idea of a story focused game that plays like Xcom appeals to me greatly.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I've been playing it for preview purposes and when I saw it on the Game Pass lineup I knew it was a major win. Everybody will be talking about this once it launches.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Been excited for ages, can't wait for the PC release, Just Cause 4 can wait.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That Shacknews Switch comment, Christ, game journalism will never stop being trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.