• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know the devs said the WB merger stuff isn't effecting them but I still have a bad taste in my mouth regarding that whole thing. Animation cuts just seems like bad news for anybody involved with WB in general.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is the stuff in the Battle Pass locked away forever when it's over, or will they be available for purchase afterward? Debating whether I want to spend money on premium battle pass or not.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna hit eventually, I think. AT&T tried selling the WB games division in 2020. I wouldn't put it past the new management to do something unfavorable. Not much to think about at this point though. Just enjoy things while the waters are calm.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Is the stuff in the Battle Pass locked away forever when it's over, or will they be available for purchase afterward? Debating whether I want to spend money on premium battle pass or not.
You will be able to purchase stuff from the battlepass afterward. They don't plan to keep them locked forever.
I think your exact question was answered in the faq on the main website.

Carlquincy

Jul 25, 2022
Yes. But if you setup an account for a kid and say they're under 18 I don't think it'll let them play online.

It's cartoon violence on the level of the original Looney Tunes. There is an option that is off by default in the game that adds cursing to some characters like Harley. It's limited to words like badass right now, but Rick will probably have fbombs.
Nice. Maybe I'll set it up ony ps4 and give it a try. Thanks!

Oct 28, 2017
I know the devs said the WB merger stuff isn't effecting them but I still have a bad taste in my mouth regarding that whole thing. Animation cuts just seems like bad news for anybody involved with WB in general.
I just think it's unlikely Discovery would sell off the division of the company that's more profitable year after year, they aren't exactly struggling and it would massively downsize WB if they just licensed everything out.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, missed this message. I got a clean clip of it to illustrate it better to help.

Basically after hitting the down spike, you want to immediately buffer the input up+special for photograph and start holding down for fast fall. This makes you start traveling downward after the spike while photograph up+special is starting up letting you chase the spike recovery with your special move. If you're doing spike+photograph loops on stage you already basically are doing 3/4ths of this tech. Depending on the percentage you spiked them at originally and their height above kill floor, you might want to dodge cancel downwards to ensure faster startup/you get extra distance on the photograph to make it combo or catch recovery as I did in the original clip on Jake. If someone jumps upwards into your spike like batman does in this clip it helps it to combo clean and seems either untechable/dodgeable out of or at least EXTREMELY hard requiring a god tier dodge mash to escape on the first frames of recovery for them. This killed at 16% from 0 on batman for example.
Fantastic. This'll take me ages to get down because I absolutely suck at any off stage kind of tactics but it's absolutely worth it by the looks of it. Thanks for the detailed description.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to finishing the mini battlepass at 14 hours, 4 milestones and i've been playing since early access

There's zero chance i'll finish a 50 tier pass at that rate, i'll probably only pop in for a week or two whenever an interesting character releases.

There wouldn't be an issue if they let us keep working on a battlepass after the season ends. I remember submitting that feedback after earlier tests, let's see if they go for it.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I'm struggling to find a character I like more than reindog, however, he feels like fighting an uphill battle at all times. If I get the perfect teammate it works so well. He needs a little time for setups but it simply doesn't work when I'm getting rushed down. Still though, reindog's kit is incredibly fun. The tether can be so clutch sometimes. Best partner is a good Superman so they can abuse his fly grab to the edge of the screen without worrying since imma suck that ass back in. Pulling people out of 2v1's is always satisfying. I will say though, I have fucked over teammates by mistiming it lol.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
That 25 assists mission was a real pain. I ended up finishing the last few with Harley igniting people but I'm still not clear on how assists work, that should be in the glossary if it's going to be in the BP missions.

But it's all good, I got my Cake Jake.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it necessarily needs a priority system (tho I think it's better personally) but they gotta sort the hit boxes soon. Obviously the free rotation right now with Finn and Supes means more people playing these characters but those two in particular are fucking awful. Doesn't even make sense visually and it makes for a frustrating time even if you are just playing casually for fun.

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
I need recording in this game. I need to find out why these Arya's can kill me with no problem but my Arya is fighting for her life.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I need recording in this game. I need to find out why these Arya's can kill me with no problem but my Arya is fighting for her life.

Arya is a character where I feel like the expert tag is warranted. I also don't get her at all. It's always a struggle for me. I have encountered some really good ones though and they were very deadly.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
According to tracking website the total players are 8,779,589, but is that unique pc players or is it pc and consoles combined?
I think it's all platforms considering it searches by WB accounts.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got into a game on Xbox and I didn't really enjoy it. The sounds seem unfinished so most attacks lack impact. There also seems to be very little variety in moves available to each character. That might be OK if not for the aggressive monetization. I don't think I'll stick with it.

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
This must cover the grapple issue I posted about above. Great news.

(Grappling to an enemy launched you off the screen and you died in a hot second.)
Is that really a bug? I thought it was a punishment mechanism for grappling someone and they dodge the kick. Though I usually just see them get launched to the side, only had one go completely off-screen once and they were already at high damage

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Is that really a bug? I thought it was a punishment mechanism for grappling someone and they dodge the kick. Though I usually just see them get launched to the side, only had one go completely off-screen once and they were already at high damage

It is 100% a bug. It can happen when you grapple anything. Losing a stock because someone dodged your grapple would be ridiculous.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's definitely a bug. I get what you're saying and in certain very specific situations that "punishment" is viable. But if you play enough you'll fairly regularly see Batman's get killed out of nowhere for attempting very tame grapples. Often times the way it launches them just doesn't make any sense.

Here's a vid I found on Reddit of a lot of them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MultiVersu...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed the Fred profile icon that costs 50k gold - wonder how many of those they've sold.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cannot wait for ranked. Nothing feels worse in this game than barely losing the first match because they got an easy knockout and then they refuse the rematch because they know you'll whoop them
It's not even that. Even when I win, I don't get a rematch, not even from my teammate. Sometimes they just idle and let the timer run out. And I'm trying to get these milestones cleared on top of it!

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
It's not even that. Even when I win, I don't get a rematch, not even from my teammate. Sometimes they just idle and let the timer run out. And I'm trying to get these milestones cleared on top of it!
oh I won't touch 2s for that reason, getting 4 people to press an X button for another round is impossible

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It feels like the majority of Arya's launching power comes from doing Backstabs, so try to use your Turn Attack, your neutral dodges to invoke Illusive and aim the pointy end into their back.

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing you're on PC? Can't you use Windows Game Bar or whatever?

Just tried game bar. That thing takes all my frames while recording. Need something like Strive that just does it in the background.

It feels like the majority of Arya's launching power comes from doing Backstabs, so try to use your Turn Attack, your neutral dodges to invoke Illusive and aim the pointy end into their back.

Have to test that out a bit to see.

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Tony_Huynh/status/1555375363894562816?s=20&t=93FO_LjB_0M1SXCIwZ8VIQ

Sounds like another potential reason why season 1 got pushed out, looks like they're going to be taking a lot of time to fix a lot of the hitbox/hurtbox issues, which I do believe is the bigger concern compared to the lack of priority system. Priority doesn't change the fact that Finns hitboxes are stupid, coupled with solid frame data and a lot of disjoint as a swordsman.

Another thing I'll add against a priority system is that this isn't like a typical fighting game where you have a ton of normals padding out the movelist of specials, and I honestly think people are sleeping on how important normals are in this game because of that. Characters have small kits as it is and normal moves take up half of them, and several normals like WW's grounded down normal feel like specials in their own right. Only thing I can really see a priority system working for is weakening the strength of grounded side normals (which in this game largely take the place of jab strings).

CBZ

Jul 2, 2022
Beginning to learn more about how Velma works and she's such a good character. Side attack is surprisingly potent, neutral attacks w/ targeted can sometimes knock opponents right off the stage, and up special into spike is godly for damage. Her spike might be a little too powerful though, and I also think that the police car could use some buffs to make it worth going for.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022

View: https://twitter.com/Tony_Huynh/status/1555375363894562816?s=20&t=93FO_LjB_0M1SXCIwZ8VIQ

Sounds like another potential reason why season 1 got pushed out, looks like they're going to be taking a lot of time to fix a lot of the hitbox/hurtbox issues, which I do believe is the bigger concern compared to the lack of priority system. Priority doesn't change the fact that Finns hitboxes are stupid, coupled with solid frame data and a lot of disjoint as a swordsman.

Another thing I'll add against a priority system is that this isn't like a typical fighting game where you have a ton of normals padding out the movelist of specials, and I honestly think people are sleeping on how important normals are in this game because of that. Characters have small kits as it is and normal moves take up half of them, and several normals like WW's grounded down normal feel like specials in their own right. Only thing I can really see a priority system working for is weakening the strength of grounded side normals (which in this game largely take the place of jab strings).

Following his twitter, there's been a lot of responses that they're working to address various issues. I very much got the vibe that S1 was pushed back since it seems like they're doing a lot of work and balance and cleanup and want the game to fully launch with the benefit of all of that, rather than having S1 carry over some of the beta's issues. I don't blame them if that's the case. This is the time to be delaying and making changes, as once full release happens you get far less wiggle room.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Were there previously issues with the leaderboards? I suddenly jumped up millions of places.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Rematching is almost as long as reentering the queue. Once ranked comes over they should make rematch skip character and perk selection in casuals. Going back into the action fast is super important, this isnt a 45 min moba match its a 2-3min brawl. 40ish seconds of rematch wait time is a big relative %.

wildphantom_

Feb 14, 2021
European servers still not working, keeps bugging out. Dropping this until it gets fixed, so frustrating was really enjoying it

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Beginning to learn more about how Velma works and she's such a good character. Side attack is surprisingly potent, neutral attacks w/ targeted can sometimes knock opponents right off the stage, and up special into spike is godly for damage. Her spike might be a little too powerful though, and I also think that the police car could use some buffs to make it worth going for.

Police car honestly should not be buffed, car already has utility being a distraction and occasionally snags free kills when it's randomly bloodthirsty. Nerfing the character and making her more car focused would dumpster velma as multiple characters already can delete car instantly even post-car hp buff or you can easily have it SD passenger-less. If they want to adjust her kit that's fine, making her focus more towards car would ruin her.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Slowly getting the hang of LeBron. He is just such a fun, but very hard, character to play. His KO potential is through the roof though. Get a good dunk and people are just done.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Rematching is almost as long as reentering the queue. Once ranked comes over they should make rematch skip character and perk selection in casuals. Going back into the action fast is super important, this isnt a 45 min moba match its a 2-3min brawl. 40ish seconds of rematch wait time is a big relative %.

I concur. Far too many timers to potentially wait out. Plus, swapping characters is the coward's way.