Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
It's starting now. I'm gonna keep it updated
JkwsMJX.png

Question 1
vSEAKfI.png

Question 2 (IMPORTANT)
W1oKNjo.png

Question 3 (IMPORTANT - REGARDING PARRYING)
hKL8gbp.png

Question 4
l8bAC0l.png

Question 5 (IMPORTANT - REGARDING PARRYING)
uIHZoxg.png

Question 6 (Buttercup hint)
4jjXMek.png

Question 7 (IMPORTANT - PERK QUESTION)
byF9GAr.png

Question 8
rftprNi.png

Question 9
nyz6LLR.png

Question 10
qK0vRgd.png

Question 11
Gxgwop3.png

Question 12 (IMPORTANT - GAMEPLAY QUESTION)
xkP0wLQ.png

Question 13
oEIX4iR.png

Question 14
oWQ68za.png

Question 15
dHuhnh9.png

Question 16
1oWvUQk.png

Last edited:

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Okay, done.
I've added "IMPORTANT" to questions regarding gameplay.
Kinda meh QnA, but ehhhh

edit: The discord's general chat is not very happy with the QnA :D

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I also had low expectations for it - of course the questions would be cherry-picked (between not wanting to leak anything and not wanting to gleefully walk into a dozen Red Shirt Guys) and of course they wouldn't be announcing anything major (otherwise why would you not just have an actual announcement). There's bits here and there that aren't too bad in isolation but with how little we know of the current state of the game those info bits only mean so much.

Like, it really can't be stressed how obtusely dog-shit their marketing has been. Take that last tweet for example: the forced GBBO meme is already awkward enough, but they're expecting us to get hyped for a combo video that may or may not be slowed down and can't even be analyzed properly anyway because we don't actually have any idea what's changed in Arya's moveset? And that's all we're getting for...what, another week or two?

I've brought it up before but it's wild how much Smite 2 is walking circles around this thing. Fucking Hi-Rez is really showing how you actually handle communication like this, really showing off 10+ years of experience in knowing what to tell gamers and how to tell it. Shit, even Marvel Rivals has a better grip on things and that game's still got a week before we actually see any gameplay.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I also had low expectations for it - of course the questions would be cherry-picked (between not wanting to leak anything and not wanting to gleefully walk into a dozen Red Shirt Guys) and of course they wouldn't be announcing anything major (otherwise why would you not just have an actual announcement). There's bits here and there that aren't too bad in isolation but with how little we know of the current state of the game those info bits only mean so much.

Like, it really can't be stressed how obtusely dog-shit their marketing has been. Take that last tweet for example: the forced GBBO meme is already awkward enough, but they're expecting us to get hyped for a combo video that may or may not be slowed down and can't even be analyzed properly anyway because we don't actually have any idea what's changed in Arya's moveset? And that's all we're getting for...what, another week or two?

I've brought it up before but it's wild how much Smite 2 is walking circles around this thing. Fucking Hi-Rez is really showing how you actually handle communication like this, really showing off 10+ years of experience in knowing what to tell gamers and how to tell it. Shit, even Marvel Rivals has a better grip on things and that game's still got a week before we actually see any gameplay.
Speaking of Smite 2...I know what you mean. They are literally at this time streaming live alpha footage of Smite 2 and are talking/discussion the game.

Aceun

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I agree. This Q&A was not it.

Half of the info was already covered in their combat refactor blog and the other half should have been in that blog post to begin with.

While it's exciting to have more clarification on the combat mechanics, this was a poor showing overall esp for the first day of the month of the game's re-release

-----------------

Adding my summary below and what was covered (I only included new info)

ARMOR
- More armor break options added via new moves and perks
- Armor uses some defensive meter with some increased start up for characters
- Parries successfully breaks armor

PARRY
- Parries will be hard to pull off
- Successful parry breaks armor
- Long range parries bring enemy closer
- Parrying a normal projectile will destroy it
- Perks like "Clear the Air" will now reflect a projectile instead

STAGES
- Blast Zones have been improved
- Maps will have distinct competitive and casual options
- More faithful IP adaptations, easter eggs and surprises now exist on maps

PERKS
- Perks seem to have BIG changes that the devs can't share yet
- Characters will always get a full set of perks instead of waiting to level 8+
- New perks can be added in the future to expand new core mechanics

STRATEGY
- Some characters will feel the same, others will have a whole new approach. Time to kill decreases with some moves now able to kill
- Decision making, space, defense & offense matter more. Less focus on constant evasion, spam & gimmicks to win

TECHNICAL
- Beta customizations return, but no camera customization
- Tech artists worked hard on mirroring, prop visibility, dynamics & scaling to improve the visuals
- Modeling, tech art, animation & design work together til a character clicks

Last edited:

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I agree. This Q&A was not it.

Half of the info was already covered in their combat refactor blog and the other half should have been in that blog post to begin with.

While it's exciting to have more clarification on the combat mechanics, this was a poor showing overall esp for the first day of the month of the game's re-release

-----------------

Adding my summary below and what was covered (I only included new info)

ARMOR
- More armor break options added via new moves and perks
- Armor uses some defensive meter with some increased start up for characters
- Parries successfully breaks armor

PARRY
- Parries will be hard to pull off
- Successful parry breaks armor
- Long range parries bring enemy closer
- Parrying a normal projectile will destroy it
- Perks like "Clear the Air" will now reflect a projectile instead

STAGES
- Blast Zones have been improved
- Maps will have distinct competitive and casual options
- More faithful IP adaptations, easter eggs and surprises now exist on maps

PERKS
- Perks seem to have BIG changes that the devs can't share yet
- Characters will always get a full set of perks instead of waiting to level 8+
- New perks can be added in the future to expand new core mechanics

STRATEGY
- Some characters will feel the same, others will have a whole new approach. Time to kill decreases with some moves now able to kill
- Decision making, space, defense & offense matter more. Less focus on constant evasion, spam & gimmicks to win

TECHNICAL
- Beta customizations return, but no camera customization
- Tech artists worked hard on mirroring, prop visibility, dynamics & scaling to improve the visuals
- Modeling, tech art, animation & design work together til a character clicks
Thank you for making the summary

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I really hope we see the changes to the perk system. It's absurd that such a big component of the game was never mentioned prior to the QnA.
The game is out in like 25 days and we got nothing as information, besides the parry that we've seen in action.
Are there legit only 2 new characters and 2 stages for the official release?
I'm sorry if I sound negative, but after checking Smite 2's dev livestream, we are just getting nothing as a community :(

Also, I feel like it was a big kick in the ass for Tony to not be part of the QnA. He was really active in 2022 with being talkative to the community. Now? Silence.
The reactions to the QnA on Twitter and Discord just show how awful and what a failure this QnA was.
There's like minus excitement on twitter at this point. If it wasn't for the game's artist community and character accounts for mvs, then nobody would be talking about this game.That's should be considered a complete failure from the marketing team at WB.
Fuck you, WB

Last edited:

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
It's blowing my mind that this is out in 25 days. Marketing has been so bizarre. Outside of the five people who post in this thread, does anyone give a shit about this game or even know that it's coming back soon?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we see the changes to the perk system. It's absurd that such a big component of the game was never mentioned prior to the QnA.
The game is out in like 25 days and we got nothing as information, besides the parry that we've seen in action.
Are there legit only 2 new characters and 2 stages for the official release?
I'm sorry if I sound negative, but after checking Smite 2's dev livestream, we are just getting nothing as a community :(

Also, I feel like it was a big kick in the ass for Tony to not be part of the QnA. He was really active in 2022 with being talkative to the community. Now? Silence.
The reactions to the QnA on Twitter and Discord just show how awful and what a failure this QnA was.
There's like minus excitement on twitter at this point. If it wasn't for the game's artist community and character accounts for mvs, then nobody would be talking about this game.That's should be considered a complete failure from the marketing team at WB.
Fuck you, WB
Yup, absolutely unreal how bad this has been handled.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
I can't wait for the game to come out just to stop the constant whining about the marketing at this point. The marketing has been bad, there's only so many ways to say that.

The Q&A was fine, it was a pretty standard discord Q&A. It's getting disappointing reactions because people, for some reason, expected them to reveal characters in a discord Q&A. That's on them. They do need to just release a damn trailer at this point though.

Aceun

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I can't wait for the game to come out just to stop the constant whining about the marketing at this point. The marketing has been bad, there's only so many ways to say that.

The Q&A was fine, it was a pretty standard discord Q&A. It's getting disappointing reactions because people, for some reason, expected them to reveal characters in a discord Q&A. That's on them. They do need to just release a damn trailer at this point though.

I'm not one to harp on the marketing, but the Q&A was not disappointing because it didn't show new characters.

It was oddly devoid of meaningful answers to get us excited about a game that's right around the corner.

No mention of PvE, a non-answer for perks (arguably a huge component of the game that's apparently getting changes but they can't talk about), retreads of the blog post and trolly teases of characters coming soon that again they can't talk about it

It's just odd to me they'd have a Q&A to begin with. Hype is a management of expectations, and they haven't done that well. This could have been presented as a Q&A for the Combat Refactor.

From a combat mechanics perspective we did get a ton of new info, but a lot of that should have just been in the original developer blog

That being said...
NEW GARNET SKIN IS SO HYPE!! I'm so excited lol. I'm enjoying the small drips of new content and gameplay. Outside of the Q&A everything they've shared has me excited. Can't wait to play in less than a month

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017

Q&A is Marketing. All of the Marketing has been bad. All of it.