CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
According to the article there were "1,700 global locations by the end of 2022". Damn these ghost kitchens are out of control. Don't know how a virtual brand can hope to have any sense of quality control at those numbers.

Metal Gear?!

Jun 26, 2020
I still have yet to come across a ghost kitchen.
Of course you don't see them, they're ghosts.

But seriously yeah you don't see them because they're just the kitchens of Applebees, Denny's, Red Robin, and every lunch place that used to cater to office workers and saw their customers disappear during the pandemic. They set up fake websites and grubhub and doordash pages and pretend to be a dozen different fancy restaurants under a dozen different names, hoping to trick people into ordering from them a dozen different times instead of just once.

One of the funniest examples of this was Chuck E Cheese calling themselves Pasqually's Pizza and Wings to try to survive, since obviously ain't no one taking their kids to Chuck E Cheese during the pandemic, but their food was still the same old "good enough for kids but no one else" crap

www.tampabay.com

I ordered pizza from Pasqually’s, which is Chuck E. Cheese in disguise

Stephanie Hayes | This money move brings us right back to the ball pit.

www.today.com

Chuck E. Cheese and Applebee's are delivering food under different restaurant names

Chuck E. Cheese is open for delivery during the pandemic, but it's not operating under the same name.

Look at this logo, they were trying to trick everyone into thinking they were a fancy pizza place, but that ain't the case

PASQ-Primary-Stacked-Logo-Color.png

View: https://twitter.com/dearbrookeavery/status/1262409062777487362

Oct 25, 2017

But seriously yeah you don't see them because they're just the kitchens of Applebees, Denny's, Red Robin, and every lunch place that used to cater to office workers and saw their customers disappear during the pandemic. They set up fake websites and grubhub and doordash pages and pretend to be a dozen different fancy restaurants under a dozen different names, hoping to trick people into ordering from them a dozen different times instead of just once.

One of the funniest examples of this was Chuck E Cheese calling themselves Pasqually's Pizza and Wings to try to survive, since obviously ain't no one taking their kids to Chuck E Cheese during the pandemic, but their food was still the same old "good enough for kids but no one else" crap

www.tampabay.com

www.today.com

Chuck E. Cheese and Applebee's are delivering food under different restaurant names

Chuck E. Cheese is open for delivery during the pandemic, but it's not operating under the same name.

Like look at this logo, they were trying to trick everyone into thinking they were a fancy pizza place, but that ain't the case

Can also be a kitchen set up in an industrial or commercial unit that has no storefront or anything, just a kitchen and a pickup area for the delivery drivers.

At least Chuck E Cheese, Applebees etc... are places you can go visit and sit down and eat. Other virtual kitchens are strictly for the delivery apps.

Oct 8, 2019

www.tampabay.com

www.today.com

Look at this logo, they were trying to trick everyone into thinking they were a fancy pizza place, but that ain't the case

The Best part is that its referencing one of the Chuck E Cheese's character who is the chef

chucke.fandom.com

Pasqually

Pasqually P. Pieplate is a character from the Chuck E. Cheese franchise. He is a pizza chef who loves to tell jokes, and is the drummer for Munch's Make Believe Band. PTT Pasqually was the first iteration of the Pasqually character, and was originally introduced in 1977 as a part of the original...

Its the equivalent to McDonald's using Grimace's Burger and Shakes on Grubhub.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

www.tampabay.com

www.today.com

I genuinely fell for this. 🥺

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Like it says in the article, he sued them first and they are counter-suing which is an important thing to note here.

Ghost Kitchens suck ass and I hope MrBeast wins solely due to that, I have no doubts that whatever they promised him isn't what they actually delivered in quality.

I'm curious the actual nature of the partnership though. For all the talk about him "starting the restaraunts" it really just seems like he licensed out his brand to this company, in perpetuity apparently, and when the bad press kept rolling in he wanted to (rightfully) revoke all connection with it.

I just kind of question if complaints from individual locations is enough to actually strengthen his claim though?

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Bro, I ordered these a few times and I believe they ran out of a local buca di beppo-- the food quality was literally random each time, didn't have any sort of consistency. 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽🤢
MKT_ItemBox.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I saw this burger being offered in some small food places every now and then, what the hell was so special about it, other than the name brand?
Literally just the name. And I mean literally, that's all there is. The ghost kitchens are based out of multiple different chain restaurants and use ingredients on hand, so there's nothing at all ensuring any kind of uniformity, so all you're buying is random-ass food with a YouTuber's name attached. They could be made at a Bucca or a Main Event or other places and what you get is dependent upon that. The entire concept is a scam.

Jul 7, 2021
My 9yo son and I went to the one physical MR Beast Burger at the Amerucan Dream mall.

Over priced as hell middle school cafeteria fare imho.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

www.tampabay.com

www.today.com

pasqually gotta eat too

pasqually_lg.jpg

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
You would think for someone who seems to be fairly smart about money and running his brand, he would have thought out this whole Mr. Beast Burger thing a little more carefully.

I feel like even people who are pretty smart about this stuff are going to get burned once they start branching out to anything and everything because eventually they are going to step into something they don't know about

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
The Best part is that its referencing one of the Chuck E Cheese's character who is the chef

chucke.fandom.com

Pasqually

Pasqually P. Pieplate is a character from the Chuck E. Cheese franchise. He is a pizza chef who loves to tell jokes, and is the drummer for Munch's Make Believe Band. PTT Pasqually was the first iteration of the Pasqually character, and was originally introduced in 1977 as a part of the original...

Its the equivalent to McDonald's using Grimace's Burger and Shakes on Grubhub.
Wow this is amazing lol

Deleted member 108302

Jan 29, 2022
I tried one when they were new, it honestly wasn't bad. Guess it depends on where you get them. But yeah as a concept Ghost Kitchens suck.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the deal with ghost kitchens and why are they bad again?
Basically, food businesses who rent out spaces in either demo kitchens, or existing spaces in an existing kitchen, and make the food out of there, but not owning their own store space, or providing any person-to-person service.

There is no dine-in, and only direct ordering online.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I still have yet to come across a ghost kitchen.
It's already spread outside of America's borders. They're all over my UberEats app, and I'm in Tokyo.

I've spotted three dedicated ghost kitchens in-person within a 10 minute walk from my apartment too – building is a dedicated kitchen with deliveries/app pick-ups only. Though I understand many orders in other countries are prepared in existing restaurants.

That being said, I do really enjoy one particular ghost kitchen brand which serves taco rice. They really nailed the recipe and it's generally pretty good with large portion servings, which is pretty rare for here. Does vary a lot from location to location though (I'm between two of the "restaurants"). Regularly order it when I'm hung over.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Ordering a burger to be delivered to you sounds like all kinds of terrible. You basically have to eat a burger/chicken sandwich almost right when's it's done. Kind of warm burger and cold fries, yum.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
That reminds me, there's one place that has 4-5 different Thai restaurants, and a few Americanized ones in the same kitchen; and the annoying thing is, the same dishes are all different prices. I asked the owner about it, but didn't want to press.

Oct 8, 2019
So what's the deal with ghost kitchens and why are they bad again?

The eddy Burback video on page 1 explains it

To go over a few points

1. They basically spam apps like uber eats with 20+ variations of the same restaraunts. For example Eddy Burback found 9 restaurants operating out of the same kitchen serving the same Beer Battered Cod sandwich for 16.95. This crowds out smaller restaurants who might need the money.
2. These are poorly regulated so a lot of times they operating out of mobile kitchens, or kitchens that failed health inspection, or are in a trailer that has several times had employees get burnt.
3. Mr Beast Burger in particular gave Eddy Burback the wrong order, gave him a hamburger that "looks like a Krabby Patty", and overall looks nothing like the burgers that are shown on the app.

Personally I would never eat at one because one hamburger is like the cost of a combo meal at a fast food place, and some of them cost as much as a sit down restaurant like Olive Garden where I can get significantly higher quality food, and have someone serve me bread.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
VDC seems like a scummy company. It's not just Mr Beast that has issues, the quality control is out of control and I hope they get put in their place.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
The eddy Burback video on page 1 explains it

To go over a few points

1. They basically spam apps like uber eats with 20+ variations of the same restaraunts. For example Eddy Burback found 9 restaurants operating out of the same kitchen serving the same Beer Battered Cod sandwich for 16.95. This crowds out smaller restaurants who might need the money.
2. These are poorly regulated so a lot of times they operating out of mobile kitchens, or kitchens that failed health inspection, or are in a trailer that has several times had employees get burnt.
3. Mr Beast Burger in particular gave Eddy Burback the wrong order, gave him a hamburger that "looks like a Krabby Patty", and overall looks nothing like the burgers that are shown on the app.

Personally I would never eat at one because one hamburger is like the cost of a combo meal at a fast food place, and some of them cost as much as a sit down restaurant like Olive Garden where I can get significantly higher quality food, and have someone serve me bread.

Also another point that came up in the video is that food allergies can be a very bad thing with all these different food types being cooked in the same area with no warning about it since the ones with peanuts for example would be in the five other restaurants they are listing.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
We ordered once from a ghost kitchen called "Chicken Sammy's" during the earlier days of the pandemic. Three of us got burgers. One got a chicken sandwich. The loner was sick for 6 straight days. Turns out it was a Red Robin ghost kitchen. I don't think he's gone back still and I can't blame him.

These really should be regulated better.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
You would think for someone who seems to be fairly smart about money and running his brand, he would have thought out this whole Mr. Beast Burger thing a little more carefully.

To be fair, this was not a hasty decision by Jimmy. They did have a lot of business meetings and spent a lot of time on this. Beast Burgers came about when ghost kitchens were starting to become huge, and at the time there was no indication from this ghost kitchen company that they wouldn't deliver on the quality. Plus, they didn't know all the shady practices of ghost kitchens that we know now.

First time I even heard of this burger was on Era a week or so ago. How do you find these random burgers.

Beast Burgers is made by the biggest YouTuber in the world who gets billions of video views. It's not exactly a "random burger". IIRC Beast Burgers has a revenue in the hundreds of millions of dollar range.

They are only available in delivery apps like Uber Eats, Grubhub or Doordash. There are no physical locations.

There's 1 physical location, a restaurant in American Dream Mall in NJ.
www.mrbeastburger.com

American Dream | MrBeast Burger

Visit the world's first MrBeast Burger restaurant at American Dream and try the hand-crafted menu, MrBeast merchandise, and more.
Never been there or had a burger, but recall the news regarding it last year.

Yeah, there is one physical location now, but Jimmy's plan is to open hundreds more. His vision is to become one of the major burger chains. Thus, it makes sense that he would want to sever ties with the below-average products the ghost kitchens are producing

I just watched his video about Ghost Kitchens, which a ten minute chunk is about MrBeast...which no surprise the burgers he got from 'his restaurant' are undercooked digesting shit

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkIkymh5Ayg

I remember this video! It's unneccesarily long for sure, but it's a good watch

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Let's be real here. It was probably fine on Day One when all eyes were on them. If you're going to be a predatory company, nobody is stupid enough to be predatory on day one. No, you ease into that shit so that you can keep the grift going for longer.
Of course. Quality inspection for brands that are licensed in this kind of way should be an ongoing process, not just one and done.

Sadire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 31, 2017
Like it says in the article, he sued them first and they are counter-suing which is an important thing to note here.

Ghost Kitchens suck ass and I hope MrBeast wins solely due to that, I have no doubts that whatever they promised him isn't what they actually delivered in quality.
That's kind of why he originally went to court, people complained about the low quality of food being produced. He wanted to get out of the contract, which fair enough if you partner with a company to deliver food of a certain quality and the quality is not up to standard sure.

Can't blame him for that.

Oct 27, 2017
Of course. Quality inspection for brands that are licensed in this kind of way should be an ongoing process, not just one and done.

Yeah, agreed. Apparently he employs about 60 people, so I'm sure he could have hired someone as a food quality inspector whose job it was to drive around the country and document the quality of MrBeast Burgers. I don't know whether he did something like that, but that probably would have massively helped his case to get the contract terminated if low-quality and/or undercooked food was regularly documented by an independent third-party.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

as long as nothing vile comes out where he knew about any of the quality/health concerns beforehand and didn't give a shit until it was effecting his name I really hope he rinses these fools out

Ghost kitchen setups seem scummy af whenever I read/see anything about em. I'd be pissed too if people were throwing my name on a package and serving folks Food Poisoning on a Bun.

"Stay in this courtroom parking lot for two years and win a Bently! (NotaffiliatedwithBentlytmtmtmtm)"

I mean the other topic it was posted that he wanted to continue working with them as late as june 2023 and the quality issues have been know for ages. Donaldson does not care.

Given the undeniable success of MrBeast Burger, Donaldson negotiated to acquire an even greater interest in what he rightly concluded was an incredibly valuable venture. On or about January 24, 2022, VDC and BI entered into a Letter Agreement which, among other things, amended certain portions of the ESA, including extending the ESA's term indefinitely, contemplated the formation of one or more joint venture entities to own and operate the Brand, agreed on opening MrBeast Burger brick-and-mortar restaurants, and required VDC to transfer stock in its business to BI.

Recognizing the significant and increasing value of the MrBeast Burger business, in or about November 2022, February 2023, and June 2023, Defendants attempted to re-trade on the ESA and Letter Agreement in order to obtain a larger share of the Brand. The proposals were unreasonable and unacceptable to Plaintiffs; hence, Plaintiffs rejected them.

Frustrated by their inability to extract a new deal more favorable to Defendants, on March 30, 2023, Defendants' counsel sent a letter to Plaintiffs fabricating several alleged "breaches" of the ESA and Letter Agreement.

Defendants next accused Plaintiffs of filing international trademark registrations for MrBeast Burger without their prior written consent. This too was false. Defendants have always acknowledged that they have no ownership rights in any of Donaldson's intellectual property. However, the trademark applications were for MrBeast Burger, and were therefore jointly owned by the parties pursuant to the ESA and Letter Agreement. Plaintiffs always intended to assign the trademarks to the parties' jointly owned company per the Letter Agreement, but Defendants willfully failed to finalize and blocked the necessary corporate paperwork to create that company. Plaintiffs remain ready, willing, and able to transfer those trademarks to a jointly owned company

Finally, Defendants falsely accused Plaintiffs of failing to transfer shares in VDC's business pursuant to the Letter Agreement, even though Plaintiffs had already done so on or about March 28, 2022

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23901066/vdc-v-mrbeast.pdf

I mean, this looks pretty bad for him. None of these are subject to interpretation, and make Donaldson look rather foolish.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Sapeaks volumes that despite me watching a lot of YouTube and him apparently being Mr YouTube, I've literally never heard of him before this nonsense.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Sapeaks volumes that despite me watching a lot of YouTube and him apparently being Mr YouTube, I've literally never heard of him before this nonsense.
same. and i am always open to watch new stuff, so i dont stay in my small bubble. never heard of him.
back to topic: i hope the german regulations will spare me from this ghost kitchen nonsense.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
who are you talking to
I just think eventually everyone who ever liked the guy and his videos will wonder why they did.

This is a good thing your algorithm isn't fucked. I've never watched a Jordan Peterson video but he and other right wing nuts got into mine.

Last edited:

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like MrBeast, but at the same time, these virtual/ghost kitchens are a huge fucking mess and I don't think I've ever heard anything good about their food.

Coupled with the fact that many are owned and operated by existing restaurants that have less than stellar reputations, like Applebee's or Chuck E. Cheese, it's no surprise that apps like DoorDash started labeling them as virtual kitchens.
Can they both please lose lol
Basically this, really.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Blows my mind he put his name on something that he cant fully control. People serving shit or uncooked food at one location fucks it up for everyone else who is doing it correctly. For someone all about your brand that was kind of reckless.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Log out of your YouTube and check the front page. It's FILLED with those videos, and similar styles. Not my bag, personally.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I live in a small uni town and the couple delivery apps that service the city are getting filled up by ghost/virtual kitchens. In one case it's a fairly decent place where you can also dine in, and has different labels for specific food styles (Ramen, Curry, Sushi). But most others are located in industrial areas, zero info on what/who they are and the rare occassion I've ordered from one, the food was sub-par and overpriced. Also, fuck Uber Eats. Maybe old news but your (negative) review text just doesn't show up.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get it. It shouldn't matter if the Burgers are made by Ghost Kitchens / Denny's. The food should not be undercooked or raw.
Also, how is this a common problem across dozens or even hundreds of locations?
I don't have any feelings about Mr. Beast, but this seems like a health risk issue and needs to be dealt with.
If the law suit (the initial one, not the counter suit) helps uncover these issues then I'm all for it.