Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
It's either: Being a teen down to his last quarter at the arcade with a crowd gathered around you as you fend off challenger after challenger in Street Fighter 2. Knowing that if you blew the next match it was time for that long trip home, which for me usually included a decent walk, a ferry ride and then a public bus.

Or: Anything horror related in VR ever.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
As soon as I read the title I immediately thought of the damn Sonic drowning music. Ugh!

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Condemned, I was shooting at my own shadow in that game things got so tense.

Non-horror examples is trying to get good at StarCraft 2. Just too many things to keep track of and it would stress me out too much to even play it. It's a real thing, they call it ladder anxiety. I had that in spades.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
latest

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
that part in RE7 when you have to crawl to get that item in the attic and then you turn around

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN IF YOU'VE PLAYED IT OH MY GOD

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Pre-Holy Mantle patch for The Lost in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

(For those not familiar- this is a character that could get one-shot killed by anything in the game)

Was en-route to completing his post-it note, got to the Mega Satan fight. Down to my last Guppy's Body life.
My palms were sweaty the entire fight. I honestly don't think I blinked once. It was insane.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The sequence in the dark in Hellblade is the sole reason I won't ever play that game again.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
- Anytime you're fighting a boss in souls and you get down to no healing items left.

- The first time you see Pyramid head across the bars in the hotel.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Playing the RE7 demo in VR destroyed me. I will never play the full game, I got my horror thrills out of my system with that demo. I couldn't even finish all the endings to the demo, too, and I won't even go back to that.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Giant frostbite spiders in dark caves of Skyrim, epecially with the Requiem mod. Ugh.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Mostly first-person horror games for me. Playing games like P.T. and Outlast was the most anxious I've been this gen. Games were you are unarmed and only have a flashlight or whatever usually are the most effective.

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
Being the last team member alive in a co-op Insurgency map. Sweet Jesus, the AI can lay waste to you from hundreds of meters away if they want to and it's down to you to get to an objective and let your teammates respawn. Insurgency is sort of anxiety: the coop shooter.

Edit: now that I think about it, player characters have lines that make them sound freaked the hell out and it just adds to the tension.

Last edited:

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
that part in RE7 when you have to crawl to get that item in the attic and then you turn around

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN IF YOU'VE PLAYED IT OH MY GOD

RE7 gave me good anxiety !. So did the hotel basement in TLOU. So did Mr. X in RE2remake.

I like my anxiety in small dosage....I'll stop playing for the day after a good shot of it or stop playing for awhile if I feel anxiety in a game is approaching. I like it measured.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
RE4 is filled with lots of anxiety inducing moments. Trapped in a cage with the Garrador, the Verdugo, chainsaw twins... I could go on and on. 😱

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to fountainhead in Sekiro and that whole pool of water creeps me the fuck out. I hate underwater shit. Even Ecco the dolphin scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. Also the snake in Sekiro creep d me the fuck out. After I stabbed him in the eye the first encounter, I went back to that area later on to see if I missed anything and there was this creepy ass music with hissing effects. I was waiting for the fucker to jump at me again or something.

Goat's Beard

Oct 27, 2017
Toward the end of The Last Guardian.
When Trico is being attacked by the other mind-controlled creatures.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
There's one basement area in The Last of Us where you have to turn some generators on and for some reason that part of the game really fucked with my nerves
Yes. I just make the run for it. A very anxious run trying to dodge the bloater that is always next to the door you need to reach.
That entire segment of nerv wracking, actually. Even the stalkers.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I'm revisiting darkest dungeon (mostly blind, I didn't get too far before) and I'm terrified of what each boss is going to do to my parties.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The Vicar Amelia fight. The blood curdling screams were just too much when I was trying to concentrate on dodging. Stopped using headphones for Bloodborne with this fight.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
That horrible maze level in the original max Payne where you are following the trail of blood and there's a baby crying. Horrible

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
The sequence in the dark in Hellblade is the sole reason I won't ever play that game again.

The entire atmosphere of Hellblade was just a bad time for me. I played for like three hours and some of it was fine but the bad was too much. It's an amazing experience, just ticks way too many boxes for me.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Loading ELITE into my Acorn Electron which took about 20 minutes and if someone shut the front door too hard it would vibrate my bedroom desk and wiggle the lead just enough to ruin the entire process. You lot don't know you're born etc

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_muxo40i43T1qmsx91o8_250.gif

The Last of Us.

Now, I'm not gonna link the part I'm speaking of but yall know what I'm talking about. That's by far the most terrifying part of the game especially given the dynamic of these 2 characters. Shit was stressful.

Last edited:

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
1vX situations in CSGO
Every single second of Escape From Tarkov

Ocie

Jan 21, 2020
Slowly coming to the realization that MGSV was unfinished was a pretty uncomfortable experience.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
When I was younger I remember quitting KH Re:Coded because of a timed mission where you're being chased by the ghost of Jafar or something. It really messed with me haha.