• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I tend to forget how much I love Mortal Kombat. I can't wait to see the new characters considering how much MKX hit them out of the park. Love me some Kotal Kahn.

Well that said, I hope we see Reiko, Fujin, Sareena, Kai, and maybe Havik make a return. I also hope to see Tanya and Rain come back. Oh and Jade and Kabal.

And Ashrah.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Im curious to see what UE4 will actually bring the table.

Injustice 2 which is UE3(heavily modified) is very beautiful, MKX as well, despite not being a big fan of the color scheme.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What i want:
Noob
Reptile
Ermac
J.cage
Skarlet
Baraka
Jade

Guest Characters:
Dante
Michael Myers
Kratos
Dredd
Hellboy

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I tend to forget how much I love Mortal Kombat. I can't wait to see the new characters considering how much MKX hit them out of the park. Love me some Kotal Kahn.

There's only one TRUE 'Kahn' and he has returned. :)

534131-mortal-kombat-11-shao-kahn-960x540.jpg

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Who should get cut from MKX?

The "your story is finished, so let someone else have a chance in the spotlight":
Cage
Sonya
Jax

The "you just died, so take a break so we can believe death in MK still means something":
Quan Chi
Mileena
Shinnok

The "complete jobber, going nowhere interesting so someone else can fill your role":
Ermac
Kung Lao
Reptile
Goro
Kano

The "you're new, but not good enough to return":
D'vorah
Tremor
Triborg
Ferra/Torr

That leaves us with returning roster of 14 characters:
Cassie Cage
Erron Black
Jacqui Briggs
Kenshi
Kitana
Kotal Kahn
Kung Jin
Liu Kang
Raiden
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Takeda
Tanya
Bo' Rai Cho

Add in these 6 classic characters that sat out MKX:
Noob
Smoke
Jade
Sindel
Nightwolf
Kabal

Add in these 6 existing characters that have potential:
Fujin
Reiko
Li Mei
Frost
Havik
Hotaru

That brings us to 26 characters, 1 more for Shao Kahn, and 5 new characters for a roster of 32.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
Who should get cut from MKX?

The "your story is finished, so let someone else have a chance in the spotlight":
Cage
Sonya
Jax

The "you just died, so take a break so we can believe death in MK still means something":
Quan Chi
Mileena
Shinnok

The "complete jobber, going nowhere interesting so someone else can fill your role":
Ermac
Kung Lao
Reptile
Goro
Kano

The "you're new, but not good enough to return":
D'vorah
Tremor
Triborg
Ferra/Torr

That leaves us with returning roster of 14 characters:
Cassie Cage
Erron Black
Jacqui Briggs
Kenshi
Kitana
Kotal Kahn
Kung Jin
Liu Kang
Raiden
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Takeda
Tanya
Bo' Rai Cho

Add in these 6 classic characters that sat out MKX:
Noob
Smoke
Jade
Sindel
Nightwolf
Kabal

Add in these 6 existing characters that have potential:
Fujin
Reiko
Li Mei
Frost
Havik
Hotaru

That brings us to 26 characters, 1 more for Shao Kahn, and 5 new characters for a roster of 32.

Bolded should be cut. :^)

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
%100 cuts
Ferra Torr,Mileena, Quan Chi,Shinnok, Cage,Sonya,Kano,Tanya,Tremor,Goro,Jax
%100 wont be back from old games
Nightwolf,Stryker,Sheeva, Motaro, Skarlett,Drahmin,Havik,Cyborg- Zero,Kintaro
%100 will be back from old games
Shang Tsung,Noob Saibot,Jade,Fujin,Frost
%has chance to come back from old games
Reiko,Asrah,Daegon,Onaga,Bo Raich Ho,Li Mei, Cyrax,Sektor, Smoke,Baraka or Tarkatan

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
As I said already somewhere else we need a new type of Ninja.
A ninja werewolf would be freaking radical, but another suggestion I discussed with other user is a ninja who is ise sand and glass which is suitable for the theme of the game.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really do not like where this is heading with this multi dimension and so on but still hyped

And if the rumors are true Onaga will return but what about the Armageddon event

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if they plan on bringing back variations? I really didn't like those to be honest in MKX and liked how they did it in IJ2 with everyone having the same moves, but the gear you wore augmented things.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be happy with the roster so long as Cassie Cage returns. Hopefully there are regular reveals to keep hype up.

Do we know if they plan on bringing back variations? I really didn't like those to be honest in MKX and liked how they did it in IJ2 with everyone having the same moves, but the gear you wore augmented things.

I'd also be down for MK11 adopting IJ2's ability/technique customisation system over variations.

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot Tremor even became a legitimate character!
I even own XL, I don't think I ever even highlighted him on the select screen. Fuck. I need to go look him up and see what he was like.

Annoying as shit.

I'll be happy with the roster so long as Cassie Cage returns. Hopefully there are regular reveals to keep hype up.

I'd also be down for MK11 adopting IJ2's ability/technique customisation system over variations.

At the end of the day, it came down to what was the character's most viable variation and everyone jumped on it. At least with the IJ2 style, everyone is on the same page.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Baraka sitting out two games in a row would be fucking wrong. He'll be DLC or something. I'll take Ermac sitting this out since we have Rain, Noob, and Smoke.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone! We've recently created a new discord server for the Mortal Kombat Era community, so if you want to discuss MK11 during the buildup to April feel free to join us!:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

MK11 has "custom variations" though we don't know what exactly that means yet.

The all new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control to customize the fighters and make them your own

Oct 25, 2017
Australia. Nintendo Land
I can't believe I'm discussing my favourite series off all time and it's coming to my Nintendo console.....

Far out I'm so happy....

I've always bought other systems just for mortal Kombat games.......I'm so pumped

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im gonna install MKX again. Something about just the CGI trailer and screenshots already got me hella hyped for this.
Gonna be nice playing against some new players when 11 drops too, in X i only got people with a shit ton of matches lol

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017

Given the fact that we won't hear much more until mid-January, and the game is releasing in mid-April, I think we'll get half the roster at that January reveal, then probably weekly or bi-weekly after that.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Given the fact that we won't hear much more until mid-January, and the game is releasing in mid-April, I think we'll get half the roster at that January reveal, then probably weekly or bi-weekly after that.
Yup think the same way.

NRS always tries to get more characters into the base roster with every game what means its gonna be most likely 30 characters.

Its gonna be only 13 weeks from reveal event to release.

If they gonna reveal half the roster and have a character trailer for just one character every week, they would still have some left.

This is gonna be an amazing time. Im so hyped for January 17th.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I hope I get my ninja boys back.

Smoke, Rain, Noob and Tremor..
Love to play with these guys.

Also hope that with the gear stuff we can have a human looking Reptile.

Status
Not open for further replies.