• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
1.8gbs? Wonder if they snuck Shang Tsung in?

Possibly. For Inj2 they released the patch with the character data about a week before the actual launch. Those patches usually happened the first week of the month though. Since the notes says May patch, they could have been purposely having this held back until after the tourney.

We could see a June patch in early June, with Shang in mid-June. Depends on if they're doing it differently this time.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just fought a Geras with almost 1000 online matches. I beat his ass and he quit after one fight.

Also, I got some rewards from story mode from my notifications, huh. Looks like I didn't get them originally and the game is recognizing it now?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I got some rewards from story mode from my notifications, huh. Looks like I didn't get them originally and the game is recognizing it now?

Same. Got those for three chapters. Looks like the alternate path ones?

I also got a fatality as a post-match reward after doing that single Jax tower. I don't think it was listed as a reward, just immediately popped up.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Glad they removed the silly Scorpion brutality taking priority over throw escape. Brutalities should never provide an advantage in gameplay.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Couple of things not mentioned in the patch:

1. Dupes are gone now.
2. The announcer now says "Mercy" when one's performed.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Just got kicked from the server while opening a 100 soul chest, came back in the krypt and lost around 1,600 souls. Now down to 36. Awesome.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Just fought a Geras with almost 1000 online matches. I beat his ass and he quit after one fight.

Not even remotely comparable, but I had a good laugh when I played a Kasual match as Scorpion against a Sub-Zero the other day. I took the first round, they took the second, and at the end of the third round (we both had less than 10% health), they whiffed their Fatal Blow, after which I landed mine, and they quit the game after the first hit. It's like, really? The match could have gone either way and I got lucky. Worth rage quitting a match that doesn't count for anything.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently doing the locked fatality in the move list menu will unlock it after the match if you hadn't already. At least that's what's happening for me with my AIs post-patch.

Where do these drop normally?

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
61587795_10219382310458403_7285549446497042432_o.jpg

QxQl1zi.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Had 3,002 souls. Went to open the 3k sunken souls chest, and during the opening animation my connection to the MK server failed. Got booted back to the main menu. Rebooted the krypt, now have 1,500 souls and the chest isn't open.

Urgh.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Had 3,002 souls. Went to open the 3k sunken souls chest, and during the opening animation my connection to the MK server failed. Got booted back to the main menu. Rebooted the krypt, now have 1,500 souls and the chest isn't open.

Urgh.

This same thing happened to me and some other people on Reddit. Seems like a new bug with this patch. Someone was opening the bridge, I was opening a 100 soul chest. The connection seems to be spending souls and getting disconnected from the server.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Where is this famed 10k chest, anyway?

I am still trying to figure out what I need for the far left dial of the puzzle with three levers that is in an area that looks like the Kytinn hive. I got whatever goes in the second and third slots.
Funny, those two things you mentioned are connected! The 10k chest is required for the far left dial.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
So is it a good time to reset the chests in the entire Krypt? Or just go to the shrine and focus on getting the maskless gear first? Also, if I do decide to reset all the chests will it just not allow me to reset more once I've reset all of them? I don't want to keep spending koins and waste them if they're all reset. I guess I'm trying to ask how much should I spend in total to do a full reset? Right now I have everything opened and so all I can find in the Krypt are Kronika chests.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Any acknowledgement from devs on this Krypt soul glitch/crash thing? was finally about to go open stuff, but now I'm afraid to again.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Holy shit I just played a monster Sonya. First match was basically the guy spamming the rings and then parrying all my shit when I got close.

Second match he pinned me against the wall and did some super long combos. I never stood a chance.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Not only did I open the 250k & 80k gold and 10k souls chests before the patch, I also used my two lock picks on the 250k and 80k chests after respawning them :/

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Also, wondering if anyone has advice on how to beat the stage 7 tower in the gauntlet where you need to get a flawless victory against Sub-Zero and Scorpion. There's fucking poison everywhere, I can't get my AI to win and I'm not sure if the poison counts against you either way.