• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Also, wondering if anyone has advice on how to beat the stage 7 tower in the gauntlet where you need to get a flawless victory against Sub-Zero and Scorpion. There's fucking poison everywhere, I can't get my AI to win and I'm not sure if the poison counts against you either way.
The poison is actually the only thing that hurts you on that fight, Sub and Scorp can't hurt you. As long as you don't fall down, duck or use any attacks that make your character go low, you'll be fine.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
The poison is actually the only thing that hurts you on that fight, Sub and Scorp can't hurt you. As long as you don't fall down, duck or use any attacks that make your character go low, you'll be fine.
So I'm still not sure how to approach this. Maybe just use the Kytinn konsumable and use a lot of projectiles?

Oct 28, 2017
Another night, another 3 "Game Session No Longer Available" errors ending my ranked sets early. I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong. It doesn't seem to matter who is attacking, it always just ends mid-move. I don't think I want to put up with this anymore.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm still not sure how to approach this. Maybe just use the Kytinn konsumable and use a lot of projectiles?
I beat it by bumrushing them. I had the tower konsumable that stops missiles from spawning, so I just avoided ducking or jumping. Scorpion and Sub-Zero basically don't block or fight back at all.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
DLC is obviously within "DriLlCap," but "DriLlCap" itself isn't an anagram for anything.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why are Nitara's bats so fucking annoying.

Like Jesus fuck these things. They spawn way too frequently and they do a ridiculous amount of healing/damage.

Actually, you know what, fuck all these projectiles. There is no indication of when the damn things are ready to shoot and there's no way I'm reacting to something like the shuriken on reaction.

Last edited:

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I opened a bunch of chests and spires in the Krypt, hoping things would be different post patch. Sadly not one yielded a costume or gear piece, just endless not-great augments and useless forge materials. Getting a crude sketch of a fatality concept was legit the most exciting thing, and I dropped about 500k and several thousand souls.

I wonder if there's any pattern to the Kronika chests. They're the only thing worth opening at this point. Is this how it's supposed to be...? Just wading through hundreds of forge materials, respawning chests over and over in the hopes that one will finally yield some gear or a skin? Or being "smart" and ignoring them, and instead periodically running around the entire island hoping to find a Kronika chest?

Oct 27, 2017
Everything suffers from diminishing return, even Kronica vaults.
I'm far from having everything unlocked in the Krypt, I focused on skins at the spire and nowadays I get more augments than skins for 100k.
I just tested 75k gifts and I get many gears but I'm waiting for the dupe fix on PC to really use it.
I only reseted the chest that gives skeleton keys like 20 times, no other yet.
But I opened plenty of Kronica vaults (trying to find one everytime i went to the Krypt) and the last ones yielded me 4 tower's konsumables...
So even that isn't a 100% sure way of getting goods (and they are like on a 2h respawn timer).

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Everything suffers from diminishing return, even Kronica vaults.
I'm far from having everything unlocked in the Krypt, I focused on skins at the spire and nowadays I get more augments than skins for 100k.
I just tested 75k gifts and I get many gears but I'm waiting for the dupe fix on PC to really use it.
I only reseted the chest that gives skeleton keys like 20 times, no other yet.
But I opened plenty of Kronica vaults (trying to find one everytime i went to the Krypt) and the last ones yielded me 4 tower's konsumables...
So even that isn't a 100% sure way of getting goods (and they are like on a 2h respawn timer).
You only made the chest that gives out skeleton keys reset? I don't understand what you mean.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017

All the planets in the solar system would have to be aligned for anyone to do that in real match.

First your opponent would have to actually allow you to charge your gauntlet for the crushing blow. Then you would need to use 2 bars of meter for the extensions. This is on top of needing to be in Fatal blow territory and in the corner.

Just isn't going to happen. It's a sick combo tho.

Last edited:

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
There's a chest that is (was?) 100% guaranteed to drop a skeleton key, I only opened this one on my first Krypt run and reseted it 20 times to get 20 skeleton keys and be able to open every locked doors.
So this was the only chest you opened over and over, paying to reset the lowest number of chests possible (not sure how much that is) after getting the key?

Oct 27, 2017
So this was the only chest you opened over and over, paying to reset the lowest number of chests possible (not sure how much that is) after getting the key?
Yes, 1 chest reset is 2000 Koins. I read stories of people being stuck because they lacked skeleton keys and had to open many chests to find one. When I learned there was one chest guaranteed to drop a key each time, I didn't open any other chest to be sure to reset this one every time for the lowest cost.
You don't need to do that, I had fun unlocking the whole Krypt before opening all the chests with Koins in one go (I even got all the heads and the souls required to forge Shinnok's amulet before starting); I now have many useless skeleton keys I got in other chests in my inventory. :P

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, 1 chest reset is 2000 Koins. I read stories of people being stuck because they lacked skeleton keys and had to open many chests to find one. When I learned there was one chest guaranteed to drop a key each time, I didn't open any other chest to be sure to reset this one every time for the lowest cost.
You don't need to do that, I had fun unlocking the whole Krypt before opening all the chests with Koins in one go (I even got all the heads and the souls required to forge Shinnok's amulet before starting); I now have many useless skeleton keys I got in other chests in my inventory. :P
I see. I think I have a few extra just from going through the entire Krypt. I also saved up koins/souls/hearts for one huge spree.

I'm curious to know how many complete resets will be needed to get everything from the Krypt and how much a full reset costs as far as koins & souls needed.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
wssig5uhy5131.jpg

I'm at a loss with this one.

Oct 26, 2017
That tweet hints at Nightwolf, and the while the earlier MK4 tweet would seem to hint at Fujin, the emphasis on the "4" I believe hints at Sheeva.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Although out of the 9 that leaked we don't know who the 6 in the Kombat Pack will be, do we?
No, but I wonder if there's any relevance to the order of the leaked files. Shang is listed first, and we know he's going to be released first.

Shang Tsung
Joker
Nightwolf
Terminator
Sindel
Spawn
Ash
Fujin
Sheeva

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No, but I wonder if there's any relevance to the order of the leaked files. Shang is listed first, and we know he's going to be released first.

Shang Tsung
Joker
Nightwolf
Terminator
Sindel
Spawn
Ash
Fujin
Sheeva
It would be very strange for Sheeva to be released last since she's already at least got a full 3D model in the game and I imagine a lot of her starting move-set could be taken from MKX's Goro.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for which guest character he teases. It was kind of a given that the 4 returning MK folks would be in this pass, but which 2 guests is it?

Edit: Hold on, there are 9 leaked DLC characters? Huh. I've never actually counted the list before this.

DLC is obviously within "DriLlCap," but "DriLlCap" itself isn't an anagram for anything.

The lower case letters are an anagram for April, the 4th month. Just another 4 reference I assume

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am here for Queen Sindel. Not interested in the rest of the DLC, since it all leaked and we know everything.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Please, PLEASE let them have the "too bad YOU will die" dialogue on an intro with Kitana. Please.
I hope she has some good interactions with Ash.

Ash: "They say you were good once."
Sindel: "I may be bad, but I feel... good."
Ash: "Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

I'll take my paycheck now, NRS. Thank you.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Don't expect much :/

Beggars can't be choosers.

The leaks on Sindel had some HEAVY implications about her alignment. I still don't know if they're retconning her history or using Quan Chi's brainwashing and corruption to mess with everyone's heads... But either way, I'm eager to see her in action.