Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looking fine, Shang Tsung.
Itsy block or whiff but why would anyone not block after F22? They know they have to fix this character.
To be fair, they would do it because F22 is horrifically unsafe (-16 on block) and they want to punish.

But it doesn't matter anyway because they can just low profile it. Low profile a fucking OVERHEAD.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That means six characters load though.

1547272483996.gif

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
I'm hyped as FUCK!!!

Don't get my hopes up about him morphing into Rain, Ermac and Reptile. It's y'all fault if I'm disappointed, lol.

BTW if he doesn't say your Soul Is Mine at any point in his dialogue, we riot.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool.

I'm gonna be disappointed if he doesn't transform into the various ninjas.
That's a pretty great way to get them all in.

Is that even going to be a skin or just his base look? Maybe the old version is only in the Krypt.

Last edited:

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking maybe he's in this week's patch and we'll get the trailer for him tomorrow and he'll be released tomorrow as well.

Oh, the "mk4" tweet from a few days ago could also be a hint at the 4 ninjas you guys have mentioned.

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is just to expect the Shang trailer tomorrow, regardless of whether or not they reveal the full pack.

Which is why I think the alternating colors refers to him possibly transforming into the ninjas. I dunno why the idea wasn't tossed around earlier, maybe because we were assuming he could only change into the opposing character due to memory issues. But since they seem to have gotten a third character working in other modes, the ninjas could be possible. If so, I'd guess they would each be a different variation.

Oh, the "mk4" tweet from a few days ago could also be a hint at the 4 ninjas you guys have mentioned.

Yeah, possibly. I'm not convinced they'll show the whole pack. I think it's possbile they might only reveal the next one at the end, hence only the two tweet hints. At least we'll know soon enough.

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Boon's Combo Breaker tweet made it sound like all of the DLC fighters would be revealed (or at least everyone else from the first Kombat Pack).

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently the dupes were not actually fixed in the last patch. Someone on Reddit posted the shrine giving dupes and there's this:

No clue what's going on, but with the souls bug, the Krypt is still not worth using.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired of looking for this and googling to no avail. How do you access the area behind the Krypt Entrance? It's the only part I haven't explored yet. What am I doing wrong?

Feb 4, 2018
Today, I finally finally finally got Kitana's maskless, got all but 5 severed heads, did the Elder Gods puzzle, and got the 250 ToT trophy. It was a good day. :)

Now I'm gonna really put time into learning one character and I'm struggling to decide if that should be Kitana or if I should switch to Jade, who I also really like. I'm impressed by what I've seen of Jade so far and she has decent overhead attacks while Kitana only has overhead on hops (might not be bad because I really don't see other players using overheads much, is it because they generally have long start-ups?). I'm torn because I feel like I'm sort of in a groove with Kitana but I'm also stating to feel her limitations. At the same time, I'll never play at a high level so whatever lol. At this point it's more about who feels good so I think I have to learn both of them to a certain extent to figure that out. If this post hasn't given it away this is my first fighting game ever so I have a lot to learn in general, let alone how it pertains to one character hah.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much done with ToT. Hoping Touch of Decay shows up again soon as it has a tower key I need, other than that I'm only touching the 12 hour and 3 day towers. That should be enough to get into the top 5%, if not pretty close.

Anyway, finally went online and did pretty well with three different characters. Considering I've picked up some bad habits from fighting the AI so much and I haven't really played against people yet, I'm happy with the result. Also I only fought one Scorpion. Had a series of matches with a guy that played Kitana and Liu Kang, it was good.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dead. I remember this starting as a joke way back when Shang was just a rumor, now we're really doing this

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there is grey smoke, I think that's just the background. Also, Ermac doesn't make sense because aren't his moves similar to Shang Tsung's in the first place?

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
So... With the Switch version an update behind, anyone think we'll actually get Shang day and date with the other versions?

I hope the next patch makes improvements to the graphics (hair, please?) and slowdown issues, but I feel like it's got to be like trying to squeeze blood out of a stone at this point. That li'l guy only has so much power and it's already being stretched thin.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
So... With the Switch version an update behind, anyone think we'll actually get Shang day and date with the other versions?

I hope the next patch makes improvements to the graphics (hair, please?) and slowdown issues, but I feel like it's got to be like trying to squeeze blood out of a stone at this point. That li'l guy only has so much power and it's already being stretched thin.
PC/Switch DLCs will probably be released week or more later.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good lord, you'd think I'd be good at this game after Platinuming it, but here comes Ranked with it's entire cast of 3 characters, Scorpion, Jax and Geras. Seriously at this point I'm begging for a noob. A Noob Saibot. And it's fucking dumb how quitting to menu, after one match counts as a loss. Look fuckers, I won. I beat that fucking dumbass Jax and I don't want to rematch. You give me the option to quit out and give me a loss?

Fuck off NRS.

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And it's fucking dumb how quitting to menu, after one match counts as a loss. Look fuckers, I won. I beat that fucking dumbass Jax and I don't want to rematch. You give me the option to quit out and give me a loss?

Fuck off NRS.
That's how it should be. If you want to one-and-done, there's Kasual.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
And it's fucking dumb how quitting to menu, after one match counts as a loss. Look fuckers, I won. I beat that fucking dumbass Jax and I don't want to rematch. You give me the option to quit out and give me a loss?

Fuck off NRS.
Well yeah. It's a Best of 5, that's how it works.

If I win one match in a tournament and then just take my controller and leave before finishing, that still counts as a loss cause I gave up on completing the entire set.

I mean, there's a lot of things to criticize about this game but this isn't one of them lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord, you'd think I'd be good at this game after Platinuming it, but here comes Ranked with it's entire cast of 3 characters, Scorpion, Jax and Geras. Seriously at this point I'm begging for a noob. A Noob Saibot. And it's fucking dumb how quitting to menu, after one match counts as a loss. Look fuckers, I won. I beat that fucking dumbass Jax and I don't want to rematch. You give me the option to quit out and give me a loss?

Fuck off NRS.

Lol, it's a 3/5 set, and you only took 1 game. You're essentially rage quitting.

I will say, though, that I wish Ranked was 2/3, especially since that's how NRS tournaments will be on the tour (at least from pools to Top 8).

Last edited:

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
So is there gonna be a Kombat Kast today or is the trailer just gonna be a surprise drop at a random time?