• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
My point is that members of the Jewish community have been attacked because of what Israel has done even if these individuals are not themselves Israelis, one guy in Germany was attacked for wearing the Kippa.

Why are people not speaking up against those who attack Jews even if they are not Israeli and Israel last time I checked is a Jewish state by their own admission nothing antisemitic about it.

Jewish community have seen a raise in hate crime towards hem after what happened on the Gaza strip the last couple of weeks and people who attack them usually have a problem with Israel.

So how is me pointing that out being antisemitic ? those who attack all Jews Israeli or not because they believe all Jews are in agreement with Netanyahu and his policies are those who are antisemitic.

That was my point and you knew that but you can't help yourself can you ?

The way argument has worked in this thread has been to completely get rid of nuance and context and just dogpile eachother and I done responding because this is getting ridiculous.

There are literally threads here about what you're describing all the time, and it is also not relevant at all to a thread about Milo besides.

Because Milo is a Nazi and that's what the iron cross means to him, as we covered.

Holy shit I didn't know Milo was Jewish too. He went to bat for sex with minors last year and still has a career wth!

There's nothing to prove he's actually Jewish. Like I'm not gonna say he's not, because he's so self-hating about his sexuality that he could easily be doing the same for that, but he literally cannot back it up so who even knows if he's just making it up to have an excuse or not.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You just can't accept he's a Nazi but he's playing an Andy Kaufman like long con that he's an ironic Nazi so he gets famous, outs trans students, harassed women and immigrants, wants to enact bigoted changes, etc to what end? If you act like a Nazi, ironic Nazis are still Nazis. Like, better to just apply Occam's Razor that he's a self hating Nazi. He wouldn't be the first.

I accept that he is a Nazi. I just want to know, why him of all people.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I accept that he is a Nazi. I just want to know, why him of all people?
He probably really wants to fit in with the majority. He wants to fit in with conservatives and alt right/neo-Nazis cause they seem edgy and cool to him. There are homophobic gay people who are deeply ashamed of their sexuality. There are antisemitic Jews. There have been Jewish neo-Nazis. He just happens to hit the most self hating bingo card with being a self hating gay jew Nazi who loves shielding himself by pointing out he has a black husband at every chance he gets.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You just can't accept he's a Nazi but he's playing an Andy Kaufman like long con that he's an ironic Nazi so he gets famous, outs trans students, harassed women and immigrants, wants to enact bigoted changes, etc to what end? If you act like a Nazi, ironic Nazis are still Nazis. Like, better to just apply Occam's Razor that he's a self hating Nazi. He wouldn't be the first.
That is what gets me, whether he believes the shit or not, him doing it functionally is the same either way. You can't goosestep then say "I am just playing"

Feb 3, 2018
Lemmy collected Nazi paraphernalia. Straight up. It was a known hobby of his.

That wasn't because of any ideological alignment with them, mind you. I think he just thought it was kinda punk. I haven't ever heard him accused of expressing racist views or behaviors, but to say he didn't know this was Nazi imagery is just false.

Yes he did and he also said he collected items from the war but never the ideas and somebody here implied he was a nazi which he was not since he was an anarchist.

And i never said he did not know you are putting words in my mouth.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He probably really wants to fit in with the majority. He wants to fit in with conservatives and alt right/neo-Nazis cause they seem edgy and cool to him. There are homophobic gay people who are deeply ashamed of their sexuality. There are antisemitic Jews. There have been Jewish neo-Nazis. He just happens to hit the most self hating bingo card with being a self hating gay jew Nazi who loves shielding himself by pointing out he has a black husband at every chance he gets.
Part of the reason Milo resonates so much with the young "conservative" movement (as opposed to the older generation of conservatives) is that he is a contrarian. A lot of his followers are just these Lost Boy types, the lonely, angry kids who just want to say "fuck you" to the establishment. It's the sort of worldview that orbits around the left, rather than being centered on an ideology of its own.

So these contradictions make perfect sense. Milo is essentially playing "opposite day," and that speaks to people who are members of left-leaning groups that expect a certain ideological conformity. It's made him a hero to the "watch what you say" generation.

It's why these people so often identify as libertarian or objectivist too, because that ideology is essentially just "Well if communism is bad, than the extreme opposite must be good." It again isn't based on any real functioning philosophical principle, other than being as opposite from the opposite side as possible.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Milo has bigger problems:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018...odes-after-death-of-crypto-billionaire-557456

Running out of money and down on his luck, right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos laid off the small staff of Milo Entertainment Inc. earlier this month, according to three people familiar with the situation.

Yiannopoulos' company has fallen on hard times ever since his former patrons, Robert and Rebekah Mercer, severed their financial backing last year.

According to the sources, Yiannopoulos had been expecting to instead receive significant financial backing from the banking heir and cryptocurrency billionaire Matthew Mellon. But those hopes were dashed with Mellon's unexpected death from an apparent drug overdose on April 16.

He might have to sell that Iron Cross for food.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Although i agree with you and think Milo is deep into nazi shit, i also believe most of the controversy stirred by people like Milo is just good business for them. It's the best way to get paid gigs where they can keep spouting their hateful rhetoric. It's a win win situation for them and why pushback and deplatforming works, by removing opportunities of further financing and awareness spreading.

This very public shunning is a good way to cut off the oxygen from this sort of people.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
He hates everything about himself. He has written books about it.
Does he though? I find it hard to take most of his writing serious, especially after his shift from wannabe-Buckley faux intellectual to a straight up white supremacist troll. Conservatives embrace identify politics when the wielder tells them what they want to hear. Similar to black conservatives who make racially ugly comments about the "culture" of blacks, Milo has done the same with homosexuality. He paints it as somewhat of a choice, he insinuates or outright claims older gay men recruit young boys into the lifestyle, and he claims to hate himself which appeals to religious right ideology. Everything he says and does is calculated to tell his audience what they want to hear, and absolve their homophobia.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
>
Joe Bernstein @Bernstein

This was probably bound to happen: Milo is notorious for living beyond his means and funding was scarce after the Mercers dumped him for associating so closely with white supremacists https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism …

11:08 AM - Apr 27, 2018

Might have to go back to selling supplements on inforwars:
Ross McCafferty @RossMcCaff

Milo is selling supplements on Infowars. This is not a drill.

10:24 AM - Feb 21, 2018 ·

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Although i agree with you and think Milo is deep into nazi shit, i also believe most of the controversy stirred by people like Milo is just good business for them. It's the best way to get paid gigs where they can keep spouting their hateful rhetoric. It's a win win situation for them and why pushback and deplatforming works, by removing opportunities of further financing and awareness spreading.

This very public shunning is a good way to cut off the oxygen from this sort of people.
Which is why I always found giving these kind of people a platform so that their awful views are aired to the public and they will be defeated in the grand marketplace of ideas or whatever a very naive belief. That's how Nazis came to power but not everyone remembers cause all they remember is when they were already in power. They think people are strong and not susceptible to propaganda.

dusteatingbug

Dec 1, 2017
Does he though? I find it hard to take most of his writing serious, especially after his shift from wannabe-Buckley faux intellectual to a straight up white supremacist troll. Conservatives embrace identify politics when the wielder tells them what they want to hear. Similar to black conservatives who make racially ugly comments about the "culture" of blacks, Milo has done the same with homosexuality. He paints it as somewhat of a choice, he insinuates or outright claims older gay men recruit young boys into the lifestyle, and he claims to hate himself which appeals to religious right ideology. Everything he says and does is calculated to tell his audience what they want to hear, and absolve their homophobia.

He's 100% a grifter and he does just go where the money is. But I do think there is some deep fucked up pathology going on there still. He converted to Catholicism, as a gay man, because he liked the homophobia, and that was before he was famous.