• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
So.....who's playing/buying State of Decay 2?

Which version are you buying? Standard or Ultimate? Or are you playing via Game Pass or renting the game via GameFly/Redbox?

I'm personally buying the Ultimate Edition. For $40 Best Buy GCU, I can't go wrong. Get the game four days early, the season pass and a copy of the original game. I'm also buying an Xbox One X for State of Decay 2 as well. Going all in with the game. Very much looking forward to the game.

Anyone else looking forward to State of Decay 2?
The IGN footage got me fully on board with the game again, the E3 trailer had me a bit down on it. But so far it's looking good, but recently seeing some of UL art directors concept art had me longing for a new IP next. Something based of that post apocalyptic concept art, hopefully if SOD2 does as well as the original. Then we can see them get a lot more funding like with SOD2, heres the art:
28423664_10150905479814943_8194999017343133838_o.jpg

27908106_10150901080139943_8662252762204796072_o.jpg
There was also some Jungle/temple concept art:

You are right. Somehow went down to his standard. I apologize.

Getting warmer.

Have it pre-ordered. Can't wait for the cooperative fun.
If the word to make it warmer is BTB I will catch on fire LOL.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017

Which version are you buying? Standard or Ultimate? Or are you playing via Game Pass or renting the game via GameFly/Redbox?

I'm personally buying the Ultimate Edition. For $40 Best Buy GCU, I can't go wrong. Get the game four days early, the season pass and a copy of the original game. I'm also buying an Xbox One X for State of Decay 2 as well. Going all in with the game. Very much looking forward to the game.

I'm going with Ultimate Edition as well, $40 can't argue with since I figured it would be a full price game. Cannot wait. Should have my Xbox One X and 4K TV by then, will be glorious.

Apr 6, 2018
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F1046411242%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

from a forbes article about mixed reality, someone knows which studios worked on mixed reality? If I remember well Casey Hudson and now a guy from 343 works on them.
Now this is what I'm talking about! My hype levels are through the roof at the thought of what a huge sprawling space opera set in the Halo universe might be. For the love of God give it the budget it deserves though, it could be huge if done right.

The inevitability of a Nintendo acquisition makes this a moot point.

;D
well we see now that a tons of networks are claiming the rights of huge franchise waiting the end of "game of thrones", Amazon on The lord of the rings, netflix on the witcher books, apple with Isaac Asimov's "foundations,"
Showtime is a strong network with high quality standards like Twin peaks for their major projects, and the ceo confirmed that halo was one of them. Remember that they even had world's most powerful man on one of their show

Last edited:

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
If we look at what time Xbox exclusive power started to decline we would all point at the year 2016 because in that ms made "play anywhere" if ms gets rid of it things will improve and they will be able to go back on an equal grounds against the likes of Sony and Nintendo.
This talking point from you is really starting to enter trolling levels. You try and bring this up every few days out of nowhere, usually with little link to what people are discussing. Please stop trying to drive this narrative.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If any of you Microsoft Game Studios shills on Redmond's payroll are out there ninjaing this thread for feedback, let it be known that I will force feed cheese slices into my Playstations if you ignore all the console warrior shit post list wars that pop up, and focus on immediately giving us the OG Xbox game Sudeki.

Just do it. I'm running out of cheese and patience.

T8tLOL9.gif

For Sudeki?

Uhhhhhhhhh

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
If any of you Microsoft Game Studios shills on Redmond's payroll are out there ninjaing this thread for feedback, let it be known that I will force feed cheese slices into my Playstations if you ignore all the console warrior shit post list wars that pop up, and focus on immediately giving us the OG Xbox game Sudeki.

Just do it. I'm running out of cheese and patience.

T8tLOL9.gif
For an awful game?
/s

YogurtMaster

Alt Account
Mar 26, 2018
I am fairly bullish about Microsoft for the next 2 years. They know that this generation isn't up yet and these changes that are coming should set them up for next generation as well. Everyone is painfully aware of delays, cancellations and last year being fairly bare, but I believe that the next two years should have tons of content.

Microsoft has been working on Mixed Reality, but what really is Mixed Reality? Well, I finally have an idea on what this is and why it is so important.

Microsoft has been working on the ability to have a new wireless HMD (Head Mounted Display) that is both Transparent for Augmented Reality and Opaque for Virtual Reality into one HMD. It will also be fairly light and small (compared to the VR headsets we have now) and like I said wireless and you won't need any external cameras or sensors. Just the device itself and maybe wireless controllers for it.

This also means that you can develop a game that will play on Xbox but will also play on the consumer version of Hololens next year. I am guessing the way it works is that your game code will
tell it how to adjust the HMD and it will auto adjust.

Mixed Reality is important because it's a pillar of the future of Microsoft. It's not going to be VR and that's it. VR is only going to be a part of what they are working on.
In order to push this, they need games to push this and other software such as HoloTour (which looks fantastic by the way).

I am guessing that the new Forza Horizon 4 will use this VR for it's game. It won't be at 4K though on these glasses, so I would expect less than that of 4K, but it should be different than just
having traditional VR with a flat OLED screen in front of two lenses.

The software has been built over time from 2015 onward as Casey Hudson (of Bioware) was heading up the software launch for Hololens and so they changed it to be for both Xbox and Hololens.
Add on A.I. and it becomes even more interesting.

So, I would expect lots of new titles over the next two years including exclusives for VR/AR and non VR/AR exclusives. This year and next should be a hoot. Finally, Game Pass for AR/VR becomes very interesting and a money saver.

I am more excited about Xbox than I have ever been.
Wait for E3 for the fun to begin and next year's E3 will have your full Halo 6. Don't worry peeps, lots of fun....

What's in it for me? Well... I want in to the fun to see what I can do with Xbox VR/AR and Hololens and maybe even build a game company around it. This is stuff that we dreamed about in the 1990's and it's finally happening.

Next generation will be very interesting with real-time ray-tracing and cloud compute/cloud streaming.

Microsoft is listening guys, but it takes time to build a gaming empire. It doesn't happen overnight and they can't just let everyone know what is going on for obvious reasons.

I hope I didn't ruin your E3 fun, but I wanted you to know that it's not as bad as things look and things are very involved right now. Gaming is very important to platforms as we are are well aware. Windows wouldn't be as big as it is, if it weren't for video games.

I wouldn't even be into tech if it wasn't for video games and my mom from the 1980's and 1990's telling me that I am wasting my time playing these things.

Also, one last thing.... Don't worry about the next two years because Microsoft has a plan for Back compat with their Mixed reality as well.

Last edited:

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017

Besides God of War and a Pokemon Switch, this is my most anticipated game this year.

Not sure how I'm buying it yet, think I'll get the physical Standard edition and get the DLC's later if they are worth it.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the game wasn't really on my radar but I plan to play because of Game Pass. I don't really see a reason to "buy" any first party game at launch while I have my sub active. If I really enjoy it and want to go back to it some day, I'll buy when it's on sale.

I thought about going the Game Pass route but seeing as how it will take me more than a month to finish the base game and that the two DLC packs come out in July and late August, I figured that im better off buying the game itself.

The IGN footage got me fully on board with the game again, the E3 trailer had me a bit down on it. But so far it's looking good, but recently seeing some of UL art directors concept art had me longing for a new IP next. Something based of that post apocalyptic concept art, hopefully if SOD2 does as well as the original. Then we can see them get a lot more funding like with SOD2, heres the art:
There was also some Jungle/temple concept art:.

Is that art from SOD 2 or from a new IP? If it's concept art from SOD 2, shame that it didn't make it into the final game or did it? I do think that State of Decay will be a trilogy though because I remember back with the original SOD, it was said that Undead Labs deal with Microsoft was a three game deal. Wouldn't mind a new IP in addition to SOD 3. :P :)

I'm going with Ultimate Edition as well, $40 can't argue with since I figured it would be a full price game. Cannot wait. Should have my Xbox One X and 4K TV by then, will be glorious.

I literally pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition (and the new A Perfect Circle CD...combined the two I could avoid that $4 shipping charge, hehehe) a few minutes ago and it seems that the Ultimate Edition is a physical disc where as I thought it was all digital download. Very happy that it comes with separate codes for the original game and the two DLC packs.

Already have my 4K HDR TV and should have Xbox One X before SOD 2 releases. Hoping for a $50 Best Buy GC offer between now and then, hehe. Either way though, im ready!!! :)

Besides God of War and a Pokemon Switch, this is my most anticipated game this year.

Not sure how I'm buying it yet, think I'll get the physical Standard edition and get the DLC's later if they are worth it.

I have God of War, SOD 2, a few Wii U ports for Switch, Octopath Traveler, DQ 11, Spider Man, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and RDR 2 on my anticipated list. Hell, it would have been easier to post my non-anticipated list. LOL.

I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition but will take a wait and see approach with the two DLC packs.

Last edited:

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Is that art from SOD 2 or from a new IP? If it's concept art from SOD 2, shame that it didn't make it into the final game or did it? I do think that State of Decay will be a trilogy though because I remember back with the original SOD, it was said that Undead Labs deal with Microsoft was a three game deal. Wouldn't mind a new IP in addition to SOD 3. :P :)
Nah, it's not from SOD2. Concept experimental drawings from their art director, a lot of them have a very similar post apocalyptic insect sketches. Their art director has a sketch book that has original concept art for SOD, including other ideas when they were deciding on their first game. After State of Decay on Xbox one one was finished they signed a multi game deal, not specific to SOD. So I'm hopeful that their next project will not only get a further budget increase, but also a new IP. UL's has been saying they see their studios style as fantasy survival, distancing themselves from the Undead Lab's name. I'm sure MS would love to get a new IP under the contract, they would automatically own it lol.

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017
"Oh, wow, 6 hours away from this thread and 8 new pages, maybe there's something new or a insider hinted at something"

*read the new replies*

"WHAT'S GOING ON"

Same thing that happened when Horizon Zero Dawn came out, same thing that's gonna happen when Spider-Man and every well received PlayStation exclusive. It's groundhog's day here lol (I think Phil even tweeted about extra complaints from Xbox fans last year when Horizon came out).

I wouldnt be surpised the Halo tv show is gonna be at the same time as a new Halo game.
Filming starts october. So end of 2019 a new game.

I might be in the minority but I love Halo's transmedia approach to story telling so I'd be down for that.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldnt be surpised the Halo tv show is gonna be at the same time as a new Halo game.

Oct 26, 2017
Let's just hope that when Halo 6 comes out it will be something special, especially with how long they took making it. 5 had several things that really bogged it down, the campaign that is. Could and should have been much more.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
If the show is as good as some of Showtimes recent shows, then it could be great marketing for Halo 6. Stuff is lining up nicely for 343 lol, hopefully they knock it out of the park.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it's not from SOD2. Concept experimental drawings from their art director, a lot of them have a very similar post apocalyptic insect sketches. Their art director has a sketch book that has original concept art for SOD, including other ideas when they were deciding on their first game. After State of Decay on Xbox one one was finished they signed a multi game deal, not specific to SOD. So I'm hopeful that their next project will not only get a further budget increase, but also a new IP. UL's has been saying they see their studios style as fantasy survival, distancing themselves from the Undead Lab's name. I'm sure MS would love to get a new IP under the contract, they would automatically own it lol.

All of this sounds very promising and exciting. Hope it happens as I like Undead Labs.

Jan 2, 2018
For H6,which is probably one of my most anticipated games ATM,and this gonna be very controversial I guess,I want 343i to go back to 30FPS campaign and push the visuals and scale as far as they can go,I want a '2 Scarabs' moment in a Halo game again. For MP,obviously keep it at 60. All in all,I have a feeling H6 is going to be something special.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same thing that happened when Horizon Zero Dawn came out, same thing that's gonna happen when Spider-Man and every well received PlayStation exclusive. It's groundhog's day here lol (I think Phil even tweeted about extra complaints from Xbox fans last year when Horizon came out).

Not going to lie. When a top tier PS4 exclusive would come out, I would get pissed at Microsoft and be like, WTF are you guys doing over there. LOL. Now, it's like, fuck it, whatever. LOL. Thankfully, I own all three consoles and always have something to play and if anything, sometimes too much.

September in general is becoming too packed. Not happy about that at all. Hoping for Bethesda's Starfield in November. :)

gamercode

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Canada
This talking point from you is really starting to enter trolling levels. You try and bring this up every few days out of nowhere, usually with little link to what people are discussing. Please stop trying to drive this narrative.
I gotta keep this narrative going on, people in this thread act as if they don't care about exclusives but in reality they do, there just Afraid of being attacked online for them supporting exclusives

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I guess you have high expectations of bombs of the 6th iteration of a good selling franchised game. #shrug

Ahh.. no I don't actually. When MS announces Halo 6 I wouldn't consider that to be 'dropping bombs', just like if Sony were to announce another Uncharted game. The reception from fans would be positive no doubt, but I feel it would be more of a 'well.. yeah' type of announcement.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I've been playing Ori for the past days and my hype for the sequel is just insane. So little amount of people talking about it, yet the most interesting new IP this gen from Microsoft imo.
The fact that they have the developer of the AM2R game makes me even more hyped. The dev nailed the atmosphere in that remake and i'd like to see how that transition happens from pixel to 2D art.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Ahh.. no I don't actually. When MS announces Halo 6 I wouldn't consider that to be 'dropping bombs', just like if Sony were to announce another Uncharted game. The reception from fans would be positive no doubt, but I feel it would be more of a 'well.. yeah' type of announcement.
It depends on how it's presented. God of War blew minds despite the fact everyone was expecting it and had even seen some of the leaked artwork.

Halo is one of the most iconic game series of all time. If it has a good reveal trailer it could easily be the talk of this year's e3.

gamercode

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Canada
User Banned (1 week): Console wars + trolling

Love these small things :)

This phill Spencer have done nothing but hype up ps games. Don mattrick delivered a lot of great games up until 2016, but this canceled or runied great games. He hates Xbox so much and worked so much to ruin it like never before from play anywhere to lack of games.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Hi guys- *reads last three pages*-anyway, y'all are overthinking the style and franchise of the GOW style soft reboot or whatever it's called. Gears of war in dead space style, that's all that's needed. And I will keep saying it until I start getting yelled at for posting it so much lol

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Explain to me how phil Spencer have ever done any good to Xbox?

When has he not been good for Xbox? He managed Microsoft Game Studios for years, and that alone was great for Xbox. He's down to earth about what he likes and dislikes, he doesn't always bullshit people when he speaks, and he's not an idiot. His team is letting me as an Xbox customer play my Xbox games on Windows if I want to. Why should I get upset about any of it?

You take your toys way too seriously if you think Xbox is "losing" something by offering more features to more people in the Microsoft ecosystem.

YogurtMaster

Alt Account
Mar 26, 2018
This phill Spencer have done nothing but hype up ps games. Don mattrick delivered a lot of great games up until 2016, but this canceled or runied great games. He hates Xbox so much and worked so much to ruin it like never before from play anywhere to lack of games.

Nah, it's all about the big picture. There is a lot going on in Xboxland right now and well over the next few years to be honest. Quality takes time. Also, this is an industry in which we need to be supportive with one another so yeah, that's fine to congratulate Sony for a great game. Good for them! They told Phil congratulations on the Xbox One X launch. It's all good guys.

Remember guys, these are video games and entertainment. It's something that people like as a hobby and actually get paid for.

There are lots of reasons for the lack of first party games, but it's not all gloom and doom. Go buy a PS4 to play GOW. You just have a wait a little longer, but it's going to be fine.

jobbe1978

Jan 18, 2018
Italy
I am fairly bullish about Microsoft for the next 2 years. They know that this generation isn't up yet and these changes that are coming should set them up for next generation as well. Everyone is painfully aware of delays, cancellations and last year being fairly bare, but I believe that the next two years should have tons of content.

Microsoft has been working on Mixed Reality, but what really is Mixed Reality? Well, I finally have an idea on what this is and why it is so important.

Microsoft has been working on the ability to have a new wireless HMD (Head Mounted Display) that is both Transparent for Augmented Reality and Opaque for Virtual Reality into one HMD. It will also be fairly light and small (compared to the VR headsets we have now) and like I said wireless and you won't need any external cameras or sensors. Just the device itself and maybe wireless controllers for it.

This also means that you can develop a game that will play on Xbox but will also play on the consumer version of Hololens next year. I am guessing the way it works is that your game code will
tell it how to adjust the HMD and it will auto adjust.

Mixed Reality is important because it's a pillar of the future of Microsoft. It's not going to be VR and that's it. VR is only going to be a part of what they are working on.
In order to push this, they need games to push this and other software such as HoloTour (which looks fantastic by the way).

I am guessing that the new Forza Horizon 4 will use this VR for it's game. It won't be at 4K though on these glasses, so I would expect less than that of 4K, but it should be different than just
having traditional VR with a flat OLED screen in front of two lenses.

The software has been built over time from 2015 onward as Casey Hudson (of Bioware) was heading up the software launch for Hololens and so they changed it to be for both Xbox and Hololens.
Add on A.I. and it becomes even more interesting.

So, I would expect lots of new titles over the next two years including exclusives for VR/AR and non VR/AR exclusives. This year and next should be a hoot. Finally, Game Pass for AR/VR becomes very interesting and a money saver.

I am more excited about Xbox than I have ever been.
Wait for E3 for the fun to begin and next year's E3 will have your full Halo 6. Don't worry peeps, lots of fun....

What's in it for me? Well... I want in to the fun to see what I can do with Xbox VR/AR and Hololens and maybe even build a game company around it. This is stuff that we dreamed about in the 1990's and it's finally happening.

Next generation will be very interesting with real-time ray-tracing and cloud compute/cloud streaming.

Microsoft is listening guys, but it takes time to build a gaming empire. It doesn't happen overnight and they can't just let everyone know what is going on for obvious reasons.

I hope I didn't ruin your E3 fun, but I wanted you to know that it's not as bad as things look and things are very involved right now. Gaming is very important to platforms as we are are well aware. Windows wouldn't be as big as it is, if it weren't for video games.

I wouldn't even be into tech if it wasn't for video games and my mom from the 1980's and 1990's telling me that I am wasting my time playing these things.

Also, one last thing.... Don't worry about the next two years because Microsoft has a plan for Back compat with their Mixed reality as well.

Who are you?? You said very intriguing things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.