• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
What's up with obsessing with the length of a game? I would rather have 10 h of very good paced and diverse Gameplay than 20 h with mediocre and patted out gameplay.

Gears 4 wasn't 5-6 Hours like you are implying. It was 10 Hours. so i guess Gears 5 will also be a little bit longer if there are more open playspaces.

It dosn't Need to be "longer than 18 Hours" if it has semi-open world stuff.
Another game with semi-open world stuff is Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - which is around 8 Hours Long. So a Gears 5 campain with 12 Hours could be more than enough.
Why does being 20+ hours automatically mean that the game is padded out with filler content? I'd rather have a 20 hour game with great combat and a sprawling narrative than a 10 hour game with great gameplay and a sprawling narrative.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
The pretty low sale numbers for Tales of Vesperia on Xbox (8% share in the UK) got me thinking...

I think Japanese developers should make more use of Game Pass. Spencer has stated that people have tried a lot of different genres on this service and bought many of the games they enjoyed, players even often accessed games that they otherwise wouldn't have tried. A game like Tales of Vesperia would be a perfect fit for the service - and I'm sure many would also discover it. It's not possibly on launch but certainly later on. I recently read that an average PS4 owner has ten games on his account. So you can easily imagine what games an Xbox player would get - certainly not Tales of Vesperia. I think if Microsoft is to somehow increase popularity of anime-style Japanese games, it can only be through increasing the player base through Game Pass. Bigger Japanese games will have their chance on the platform anyways.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So the Halo Twitter liked my Tweet asking about Halo Reach being added to MCC or getting an X Enhancement patch. Hoping for something to be announced today/tomorrow with the community update.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If, for whatever reason, The Outer Worlds is a one and done game (unlikely), MS should offer Cain and Boyarsky support on working on a AAA Guardians of the Galaxy or Nova Corps RPG.

I reckon C&B could absolutely nail a game like that.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
If, for whatever reason, The Outer Worlds is a one and done game (unlikely), MS should offer Cain and Boyarsky support on working on a AAA Guardians of the Galaxy or Nova Corps RPG.

I reckon C&B could absolutely nail a game like that.
Square-Enix is supposedly already working on a GotG game.

Microsoft/Obsidian should go for the Stargate IP instead. Why? Because I want a Stargate RPG.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
The pretty low sale numbers for Tales of Vesperia on Xbox (8% share in the UK) got me thinking...

I think Japanese developers should make more use of Game Pass. Spencer has stated that people have tried a lot of different genres on this service and bought many of the games they enjoyed, players even often accessed games that they otherwise wouldn't have tried. A game like Tales of Vesperia would be a perfect fit for the service - and I'm sure many would also discover it. It's not possibly on launch but certainly later on. I recently read that an average PS4 owner has ten games on his account. So you can easily imagine what games an Xbox player would get - certainly not Tales of Vesperia. I think if Microsoft is to somehow increase popularity of anime-style Japanese games, it can only be through increasing the player base through Game Pass. Bigger Japanese games will have their chance on the platform anyways.

Vesperia did well on X360 if i remember correctly. Many people likely did not want to buy it again for $50 when it doesnt seem much has changed.

To your theory, yes I do think Game Pass would be good for many Japanese games. XCloud I think will be the most important for regions outside of America and the UK. One thing we know about Japanese, is that they love playing their games on a mobile device. Being able to play a game like Kingdom Hearts 3 on your phone may be a big deal to many people in Japan or other countries.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
DxDC4_uXQAEgvCU.jpg:large

Not very much gaming related, but I'm most hyped about this.
Finally HoloLens V2.

I want my Cyberpunk future sooner than later.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Playground opening a second studio was initially for a new IP that supposed to go multiplatform.
This was never confirmed though, people just assumed it

Hmmm, wonder if the ship has sailed on IO?
I don't think they're going to announce any studios until E3. I imagine E3 they'll announce IO, Moon, the new studio by Schofield and maybe 1-2 others.

The Outer Worlds is a one and done game (unlikely), MS should offer Cain and Boyarsky support on working on a AAA Guardians of the Galaxy or Nova Corps RPG

I doubt the Outer Worlds is a one and done, too much potential there for Microsoft to have their own Fallout series. Also that game is suppose to be Cain and Boyarsky's baby and I think they'll want to continue to develop and expand upon it

Microsoft/Obsidian should go for the Stargate IP instead. Why? Because I want a Stargate RPG.

Please no, MS needs to focus on their own IP's not spend time and money with a 3rd party IP.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Square-Enix is supposedly already working on a GotG game.

Why don't ask Disney for Star Wars for Open World RPG game, since EA cancelled the SW open world game, and i think EA will be fine with it as long as they can keep making new Battlefront.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Why don't ask Disney for Star Wars for Open World RPG game, since EA cancelled the SW open world game, and i think EA will be fine with it as long as they can keep making new Battlefront.

Doubtful, EAs exclusive contract has another 5 years, and they only canceled Orca because it was too far out and they wanted to refocus Motive on smaller projects that could be delivered in 1 to 2 years. I wish they'd left Orca going and pulled resources away from Battlefront for those games, but I also get that the Battlefront / Battlefield rotation is probably one of their big cash cows.

It'd be brilliant if Microsoft could cut some kind of deal with EA to let Obsidian make a new KOTOR type game, but I don't think it'll happen.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
I think Obsidian would be better off working with Halo or Shadowrun, at least MS has control over those IP

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
It looks the Initiative, 343i, Mojang and Turn 10 are going to be Microsoft's single team studios

Although Mojang looks like they're doing spin offs. Should they just start making Minecraft spin offs exclusive? Or at least on everything besides PS4?

Is it worth releasing Minecraft dungeons on the PS4?

Turn 10 really should take up PGR or a Diddy Kong Racing spiritual successor.

Who owns Timbur? MS or Nintendo?

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Shadowrun is what they should focus on. Especially if Cyberpunk 2077 is a hit.

I appreciate this is a fairly minor point on your post but ive seen it come up a lot, X does well so they should make Y... I dont see the reasoning for MS studios to do things because other things are a hit. If they have a good idea then great but rather than being trend followers MS could try pushing their studios to be trendsetters?

That wasnt intended to be critical of you btw, just I would like to see MS lead the way with their ideas then do them because someone else did it well

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks the Initiative, 343i, Mojang and Turn 10 are going to be Microsoft's single team studios

Although Mojang looks like they're doing spin offs. Should they just start making Minecraft spin offs exclusive? Or at least on everything besides PS4?

Is it worth releasing Minecraft dungeons on the PS4?

Turn 10 really should take up PGR or a Diddy Kong Racing spiritual successor.

Who owns Timbur? MS or Nintendo?

The Coalition are making Gears 5 and supporting Tactics and Pop development.
343i are making Infinite but helped support Halo Wars 2.
Mojang are continuing support of Minecraft but are also developing Dungeons.
Turn10 seem to be on a hiatus but are geared up for FM8 and they support the Horizon series.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate this is a fairly minor point on your post but ive seen it come up a lot, X does well so they should make Y... I dont see the reasoning for MS studios to do things because other things are a hit. If they have a good idea then great but rather than being trend followers MS could try pushing their studios to be trendsetters?

That wasnt intended to be critical of you btw, just I would like to see MS lead the way with their ideas then do them because someone else did it well

Fair point and I agree in part but Cyberpunk is not a genre that is visited often and there exists an opportunity for them to build a fantastic game from a well regarded franchise.

Oct 26, 2017
I am getting the feeling more and more.

THat Gears 5 will have "multi" mini world maps ala Exodus meets God of war.

and that tells me it is going to be everything I wanted in gears.

I am hoping for a single player/co-op spin off gears open world rpg in a similar vain of New vegas. leveling system and all, I just want to explore that wartorn world.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as its a triple A game.

So MS launch for the Scarlett, Halo Infinite, FM8 and their own DmC? Christ

DmC was pretty rad, only problem is that it ran at 30 FPS but the definitive editions on the XBO/PS4 are ace

By the time it ships it'll have had close to a year of MS backing, but it probably won't be a huge 20 hour AAA experience.

Bear in mind, the game has been in development for just over 5 years now. It went into development like 2~ years after Hellblade, so expect it to still have a lot of "indie AAA" in its DNA. I suspect the story mode won't be much longer than 8~10 hours with a mode for replayability.

It'll probably release this year. I expect to see it at E3 and releasing before the big holiday rush, or perhaps Q1 2020.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
But hasn't Gears 4 gotten really good support after its release? Splash Damage has a large chunk of employees - around a hundred, maybe more - working full time on Gears. Collectively they have hundreds of years worth of experience working on the Gears MP. Seems like a waste to end such a relationship just because of it being a second party.
Yeah I don't mean to say that they've done a poor job to date, but as the bar for support for multiplayer titles continues to be raised, both studios will need to improve their commitment with their next titles to hopefully keep a large player base.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah I don't mean to say that they've done a poor job to date, but as the bar for support for multiplayer titles continues to be raised, both studios will need to improve their commitment with their next titles to hopefully keep a large player base.

I think their titles are doing alright in that aspect. I made a topic about the most played games per region on Xbox a couple of weeks ago. Microsoft's first party games are in those top 50 lists.

29Pl2Uu.png

y0Gf7dK.png

kqiWlDq.png

https://www.resetera.com/threads/to...on-xbox-cultural-differences-in-gaming.89974/

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i think ms will eventually land on 3AAA and 3AA or smaller games a year. This way they have 3 big games like halo, gears, froza etc to get people to sub and the other 3 will be to keep people subbed until the next AAA game

so release schedule could be like Jan, May, and Sept for the AAA and March, July, and Nov for the AA or smaller

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think ms will eventually land on 3AAA and 3AA or smaller games a year. This way they have 3 big games like halo, gears, froza etc to get people to sub and the other 3 will be to keep people subbed until the next AAA game

so release schedule could be like Jan, May, and Sept for the AAA and March, July, and Nov for the AA or smaller

I'd dig this if we added in some A games. Just to round out the distribution of A's. Gimme some small episodic stuff on Game Pass.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
So, what do you think the odds are of Ninja Theory announcing their next game at E3 this year?

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I am getting the feeling more and more.

THat Gears 5 will have "multi" mini world maps ala Exodus meets God of war.

and that tells me it is going to be everything I wanted in gears.

I am hoping for a single player/co-op spin off gears open world rpg in a similar vain of New vegas. leveling system and all, I just want to explore that wartorn world.
I think the sections with Kait and Del will be in very open hub world's ala God of War. You can explore, find things and complete side missions. Every now and then we'll pop over to JD and Marcus and that section will play much more like traditional Gears. Tight, cover based shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.