ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
So should I play the mix and match game? The posts on Reddit (and now* here) are tempting me lol
If you have enough points that you don't mind losing, then sure give it a shot.

I've played it quite a few times, and all told I'm probably down around 2000 points but I've "won" around 40k.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
There's an Immortals punch card for buying the expansion. I bought the season pass, but it's not triggering the punch card. The expansion now shows as owned when I click on it. Has anyone else had this issue?
Update, I got fucked on this, support wouldn't help. Because I bought the season pass (which includes the expansion) and not just the single expansion itself, they won't give it to me. I'm not terribly pleased, seems like bullshit

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Update, I got fucked on this, support wouldn't help. Because I bought the season pass (which includes the expansion) and not just the single expansion itself, they won't give it to me. I'm not terribly pleased, seems like bullshit
Unfortunately that's how it is. The promotion only counts to what it's specifically promoting. I found this out when I bought Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order: Deluxe Edition to get 6000 points but it didn't count because the promotion was specifically about buying the regular Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and support wouldn't credit me the points because of this.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Man I think I'm gonna be like 1 weekly quest short for the 1000 quest monthly turn in.

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
Same thing I say every time this is asked - cash out on credit for DLC + Games I want to play. Treat it like an ATM
This is how I use my points, too. I get Game Pass Ultimate via sales instead -- most recently I got three years worth during a Target sale over the holidays, it was like $18 for 3 months? Plus you can do the renew trick for an extra month on each redemption. My GPU was already set to last until 2022 even before that. So I use my points to get games I want when they're on a steep discount.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Rewards are in a mood today. Either not tracking or taking forever.
Yeah, spamming gibberish on desktop and back/forwarding my mobile Edge history fast in under a minute to max out points wasn't tracking as I've been doing for years. Almost felt intentionally throttled rather than a service issue, as if I took it at a slower pace (letting each page sit for two seconds), my searches tracked fine.

But then again, my daily set (that I can't cheese the same way as searches) was maybe the slightest bit wonky too..? Fingers crossed.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
From what I can tell based on points-to-dollar conversion, redeeming for GPU is more worth it than $10 Xbox credit on auto renewal, right? I mean I already have 3 years -1 month of GPU to go, so maybe it'd be better to just go for the flat credit and use it on games not on game pass? What do y'all do? I'm new to this haha

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
From what I can tell based on points-to-dollar conversion, redeeming for GPU is more worth it than $10 Xbox credit on auto renewal, right? I mean I already have 3 years -1 month of GPU to go, so maybe it'd be better to just go for the flat credit and use it on games not on game pass? What do y'all do? I'm new to this haha

I normally save for gamepass but the rate I am earning points at is too high so I have too many extra. I have 3 years of game pass and enough points for another 6 months already. I think I am going to stash my points for now and buy the new headset in a couple of months.

Aug 31, 2019
I have Gamepass Ultimate until 2023, so I am trading my reward points for store credit to buy cheap games not on the service and DLCs for Gamepass games.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorta new to rewards but on my xbox I didn't have new daily Quests in the Game Pass app for running the app or playing a game pass game, it only lists it as completed on 2/28 (yesterday). Do they only populate new quests 4 or 5 days of the week? No big deal but it was kinda weird, I also don't see any new March monthly or weekly quests.

Maybe they just refresh quests on tuesdays in NA I guess?

The seperate rewards app did list a whole bunch of new stuff including the weekly treasure, donation quest, etc.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorta new to rewards but on my xbox I didn't have new daily Quests in the Game Pass app for running the app or playing a game pass game, it only lists it as completed on 2/28 (yesterday). Do they only populate new quests 4 or 5 days of the week? No big deal but it was kinda weird, I also don't see any new March monthly or weekly quests.

The seperate rewards app did list a whole bunch of new stuff including the weekly treasure, donation quest, etc.
Game Pass quests reset every month on a Monday and followed by new quests that show up on Tuesday after 12 pm eastern time.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Pretty sure that's how it is for the first of every month. We'll get new daily/weeklies/monthlies tomorrow.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, that makes sense. I guess I was just thrown off because I've gotten used to logging in every day on my xbox to earn 10 points, 5 for using the mobile app and 5 for running a gamepass game. It was weird not having that for a day.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Someone did the math and, IIRC, it works out to a better deal to get 3 months of XLG and convert that to like 40 days of GPU rather than buying GPU directly. I don't remember the specifics but it was discussed a few pages back in this thread.

Okingjrr

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
France
What amazing timing with these quests, I just started playing Injustice 2 last night and redownloaded Battlefield 1 to continue the singleplayer campaign.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Someone did the math and, IIRC, it works out to a better deal to get 3 months of XLG and convert that to like 40 days of GPU rather than buying GPU directly. I don't remember the specifics but it was discussed a few pages back in this thread.

I just redid the math and 1 Month of Game Pass PC should be the best option. It would convert to 20 days GPU as well based in the FAQ but only costs 6,800 points, so it comes out to 340 points a day.

3 Months of GPU comes out to 389 points per day vs the 400 per day 3 Months of XBL.

This is all US based.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just redid the math and 1 Month of Game Pass PC should be the best option. It would convert to 20 days GPU as well based in the FAQ but only costs 6,800 points, so it comes out to 340 points a day.

3 Months of GPU comes out to 389 points per day vs the 400 per day 3 Months of XBL.

This is all US based.
Post 2837 focused on this and while it was in the EU it seems like the 3 months of XBL gives 50 days rather than 30, as the system states. If that's factored in does XBL become the best deal?

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Post 2837 focused on this and while it was in the EU it seems like the 3 months of XBL gives 50 days rather than 30, as the system states. If that's factored in does XBL become the best deal?
The FAQ the 3 months of XBL at 50 days so that was accounted for. Maybe the EU values are very different.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The difference in EU is 3 months XBL Gold is only 15k points but I believe it's 20k in US.
Thanks, everyone!

I'm starting to wonder if we'll still periodically see deals like Target's 3 months for $15 and Pringle's 28 days for two cans, etc... If so, I might just use my points for MS gift cards and buy games while extending GPU those other/cheaper ways.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is all US based.
Thanks for this. I'll be certain to use this now to get the most bang out of my points in extending my GPU.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
On the rewards app on the Xbox there's a weekly set punchcard for 100 or so points, 3 things to do but easily done, things like get an achievement etc

Thanks, wasnt updating yesterday but has now!
How do you do the Nier Automata quests? The Intel one to be exact

The intel one I got for just playing the opening parts of the game. I think the second criteria you have to finish the game to do? Thats what a Nier vet told me anyway, so I'll probably pass on that one...

Edit: hmm, it now says on the Game Pass app "choose one of these options" so maybe theres a bug they need to fix?

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
How many weekly quests are there each month? I don't think I want to do the Battlefield 1 quest, seems like too much work, but I still want to make sure I hit the requirements for the completionist quest at the end of the month.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
How many weekly quests are there each month? I don't think I want to do the Battlefield 1 quest, seems like too much work, but I still want to make sure I hit the requirements for the completionist quest at the end of the month.
I feel like there are typically 4-5 weekly quests, so roughly 16-20 per month? I know I missed at least one weekly each week last month and had no issues getting the monthly 1000 point quest.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, wasnt updating yesterday but has now!

The intel one I got for just playing the opening parts of the game. I think the second criteria you have to finish the game to do? Thats what a Nier vet told me anyway, so I'll probably pass on that one...

Edit: hmm, it now says on the Game Pass app "choose one of these options" so maybe theres a bug they need to fix?

I started a new file and played through the beginning and didn't work for me. I'm in the middle of a playthrough already so maybe that's what's affecting it?

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
I feel like there are typically 4-5 weekly quests, so roughly 16-20 per month? I know I missed at least one weekly each week last month and had no issues getting the monthly 1000 point quest.

Great. Thank you!

It's the battlefield 1 quest basically just win a game?

Unfortunately not. You have to be a part of the squad (each team is made up of smaller squads) who perform the best in a given game.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Ok the Nier quests aren't updating for me. I played the beginning and also tried to subjugate but it's not updating the quest.

Is the BF1 quests fixed yet?

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Did you not follow the guide in the reddit post I replied to you with? I did it earlier today and I finished the quest.

I did it's just not updating for me. I already beat the game a month or two ago so maybe that's what's messing it up? Chapter selecting and subjugating didn't work either