P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Thanks guys didn't know that.

My dash is asking me to join Game Pass tonight yet my GPU is still subbed until May so that seems to be what the problem is. If it can't tell you're subbed then you can't pop the quests.

Awesome Wells

Dec 3, 2017
Is anyone else having issues with the 50 Searches with the Bing app part of this week's Weekly Challenges? Tried searching via the Xbox Bing App and my phone App but the number never increments.

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Is anyone else having issues with the 50 Searches with the Bing app part of this week's Weekly Challenges? Tried searching via the Xbox Bing App and my phone App but the number never increments.

It wouldn't register my searches all day, but I checked again an hour or so ago and it updated to 50/50. I didn't do anything special, just the normal daily searches I would do in Chrome/mobile and they were all done hours earlier.

I would just wait it out.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I hear you! I have an uncanny knack of unlocking achievements just after midnight, it seems, and of course, the AMEM reward doesn't work then (nor 'pop' the next day, either).

Yeah that happens too, it sucks that my normal gaming time is after supper, from around 23pm to 1am.

The earn 50 for achievements is always spotty.

It's been ok for me for a long time now, as long as the achievement is unlocked (and redeemed) before midnight or after 1am.

That's always been faulty for me! And it sucks, because every day I do all the bing searches in different browsers and sometimes it registers 50 searches in a day but sometimes it only gets a few. Normally it takes up to 3-4 days of full rewards daily searches to get this filled, it's just broken.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020

Yeah, I have the same issue.
I do 30 and 40 searches every day on my iPad and iPhone – because iPadOS is recognized as a Desktop OS.
And I only get 40 searches a day.

No biggie for me because I don't do the searches manually anyway. But it's annoying.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure these insane power outages in Texas are going to ruin the weekly streak I had going lol.

Awesome Wells

Dec 3, 2017
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Strangely, I opened the rewards app today and found the previous searches I had done had been credited. So that's a relief.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
I was considering cashing out my rewards for some Walmart gift cards and selling them online. Anyone know if this is against MIcrosoft's TOS? I don't want to get my account banned over this.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I was considering cashing out my rewards for some Walmart gift cards and selling them online. Anyone know if this is against MIcrosoft's TOS? I don't want to get my account banned over this.

I mean idk how they would find out, but personally I wouldn't. It really wouldn't be all that lucrative anyway.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
how long do the gift cards last? Just got an email reminder one of mine expires in March which feels like 2 months but maybe its 3. I was hoping to save a few up to buy a game, rather than just be a discount off something.

Is there a tactic to extend that - eg just keeping the points and not redeeming (although I guess the points also expire)

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
how long do the gift cards last? Just got an email reminder one of mine expires in March which feels like 2 months but maybe its 3. I was hoping to save a few up to buy a game, rather than just be a discount off something.

Is there a tactic to extend that - eg just keeping the points and not redeeming (although I guess the points also expire)

I don't think the points themselves expire, but yeah the gift cards only last about 3 months.

One way to extend them is to pre-order a game and then cancel that game before release which will refund the balance back to you account.

I'd personally just sit on the points and only redeem when you want something in the future.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

What you've been told in regards to credit, plus points only expire if you don't earn anymore in a lot of time (can't remember if it was 18 months or 36 or how many).
I think If you buy something, the three months expiry for your remaining credit restart counting from that moment, but I'm not sure on this. I just redeem points when I want to buy something specific, or just keep them as points and continue earning. Prices of rewards haven't changed for some time.

Nov 8, 2017
While people are talking about expiry - Do Xbox Live gold cards expire? A friend did the convert deal but got fucked by the bonus months when he was registering XBL gold, so he had to convert with only 2/3 years. But now he has an extra 12 month gold code that it won't let him register for whatever reason even though it would convert to an allowed amount of ultimate. It seems to be thinking that "oh you can't have 12 extra months" even though post conversion it will really be under 36.

Will the XBL 12 month code expire after a time?

Scently

Oct 27, 2017

They expire 3 months from the day you redeem the points. To extend them, wait until maybe a few days before the expiry then preorder something from the store up to the amount of your gift card. Cancel it and your expiry date would have shifted by a month. Rinse and repeat every time and for how long you want to keep the gift card.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a question - my main email to my account is a dead email, but I have secondary emails I set up as aliases to let me log in.

If I order a reward, where does the reward go to? The primary email associated with the Live account?

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Oh really? I was afraid to spend points because I didn't want it to disappear to a dead email, but if the codes show up there then that's helpful.

If you redeem xbox live / microsoft credit you don't get codes anymore, the credit now appears straight in your xbox/microsoft account.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
I never used Bing before but logged into the bing browser on my iPad with my MS account did a whole load of random searches and none were logged on the rewards task tracking.

Im sure its me doing something stupid.

Last edited:

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I never used Bing before but looged into the bing browser on my iPad with my MS account did a whole load of random searches and none were logged on the rewards task tracking.

Im sure its me doing something stupid.

I honestly don't know how bing records these things as I have the same issue. With my android phone it's fine but the ipad never logs them.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to know this. I'm saving up for getting GPU no discount.

EDIT: Well, that's a bummer.

I remember reading on the Xbox Rewards App that they officially stopped doing Hot Deals on any Xbox related rewards (Xbox Gift Cards, GPU etc.). It's been replaced with that monthly redemption program where you can redeem up to $10/month at a discounted price (think that's where it's mentioned that Hot Deals for Xbox was canceled). Unfortunately, that doesn't really do anything for me since I'm saving my points for bigger ticket items.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Same thing I say every time this is asked - cash out on credit for DLC + Games I want to play. Treat it like an ATM
I'm the same way. I let my points rack up until the next big sale and then I cash it out for $25/$50/etc and put it towards whatever games I want to get. My son wanted to get Avengers which I was holding off given the impressions I had read, but then it went on sale and I got it for "free" using rewards points. And thankfully for him, he loves it and whatever post-endgame issues it has are moot for him.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I use my points on Amazon Cards unless I specifically want something on Xbox. I Saved up enough MPoints to get Outrides for free, but now I just go for Amazon Cred so I can grab Physical Copies of games. It's more expensive/less profitable on average, but the flexibility of the Amazon Points in not locking me into Xbox Digital purcase is worth the difference to me.

300 Points-Per-Day Minimum (170 Browser, 100 Mobile, 30 Dailies), 109500 a year
$5 Amazon: 109500 / 5250 = 20.857~ = $100 in Amazon a year
$5 Microsoft: 109500 / 4650 = 23.548387~ = $115
$10 Monthly Auto Redeem: 8750 * 12 = 105000 ($120)

This is based just on the dailies and searches, not account for the 30 point and 50 point searches or the Streak bonuses or anything. At the lowest search-only amount, you get $100 - $120 a year.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Its beautiful! Crossed 100k today

AIbSrja.png

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I must be missing something. I've been doing this for a while and only have a little over 100k lifetime.
Playing the mix and match game will inflate the lifetime numbers quite a bit as most of the tries cost 200 and reward 200. I lost about 1200-2000 points trying my luck and "gained" about 30,000 lifetime rewards points by doing so.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing the mix and match game will inflate the lifetime numbers quite a bit as most of the tries cost 200 and reward 200. I lost about 1200-2000 points trying my luck and "gained" about 30,000 lifetime rewards points by doing so.
Personally, I think it's a waste using reward points on what's essentially "gambling". LOL

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, I was wondering how I was able to get 40k+ points this month until I realized most of my points were from the mix and match game. I haven't won any of the big prizes but have a bunch of 200/500/1000/1500 point winners.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
So should I play the mix and match game? The posts on Reddit (and now* here) are tempting me lol

Last edited:

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It worked out as a net-negative for me, but only barely. In my experience you get 200 points back like 80% of the time, 500 points about 5% of the time, 0 points about 14% of the time and then more points about 1% of the time. Reddit is what tempted me as well, although I'm pretty sure I'm done and ended up at negative 1000 or 2000.

! Might have to look into that one.
To clarify - I lost points by playing (the total lifetime points are inflated because you're spending/gaining back most of the points spent). I suspect most lose, although the Reddit posts made me want to try my luck.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that all lotteries are designed so that significantly more money will go into the lottery via purchased tickets than what will be distributed back to the winners. Doesn't mean a lottery can't be fun or that everyone will lose but you will in general spend way more than you get back.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
It worked out as a net-negative for me, but only barely. In my experience you get 200 points back like 80% of the time, 500 points about 5% of the time, 0 points about 14% of the time and then more points about 1% of the time. Reddit is what tempted me as well, although I'm pretty sure I'm done and ended up at negative 1000 or 2000.

To clarify - I lost points by playing (the total lifetime points are inflated because you're spending/gaining back most of the points spent). I suspect most lose, although the Reddit posts made me want to try my luck.
Ah, I see.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
There's an Immortals punch card for buying the expansion. I bought the season pass, but it's not triggering the punch card. The expansion now shows as owned when I click on it. Has anyone else had this issue?

eek

Oct 26, 2017
There's an Immortals punch card for buying the expansion. I bought the season pass, but it's not triggering the punch card. The expansion now shows as owned when I click on it. Has anyone else had this issue?
Contact support. They're surprisingly pretty responsive/good about things like this