• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

beins

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who only ingests Batman via the recent Nolan movies and being aware of the games etc, isn't it kind of weird that Keaton is 70??
How is he going to do Batman stuff?

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
First thing Keaton as Bruce Wayne will teach his prodigy is not to repeat the mistake he made of wearing a stiff, one piece, head-to-shoulder mold that doesn't let you turn your neck.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
just makes me think of this

DescriptiveSpeedyAlbino-size_restricted.gif

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I want this to be Batman Beyond. However, knowing WB, I think my dream will remain a dream. Be happy if im wring though.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what Batman Beyond is and don't especially care much; all I know is if Keaton is back, Tim Burton better be directing it.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ideal outcome:

Pattinson - younger Batman movie trilogy
Keaton - Batman Beyond movie trilogy
Clooney - The Dark Knight Returns movie trilogy

I know most people hate Bat-Clooney but I would totally give him another chance.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I think they're referring to Flashpoint as the second saga. Which makes sense if they're going to use it to Crisis things up.

Let's look at the quote again:

"Based on your Hamada piece, some have interpreted that WB is doing 2 franchises starring Batman, one with Pattinson, one with a new actor. Is that correct, or you were referring to Keaton as a second Batman, being part of a non-Batman-centric saga? Thank you!"

He asks specifically are we talking 2 franchises starring Batman including a new actor OR one with Keaton as part of a non-Batman-centric saga? And he answers Keaton. That's pretty clear to me. Or at the very least leans towards the Flash side.

I guess you could read it that way too; I see what you are saying.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I think they're referring to Flashpoint as the second saga. Which makes sense if they're going to use it to Crisis things up.

"Based on your Hamada piece, some have interpreted that WB is doing 2 franchises starring Batman, one with Pattinson, one with a new actor. Is that correct, or you were referring to Keaton as a second Batman, being part of a non-Batman-centric saga? Thank you!"

He asks specifically are we talking 2 franchises starring Batman including a new actor OR one with Keaton as part of a non-Batman-centric saga? And he answers Keaton. That's pretty clear to me. Or at the very least leans towards the Flash side.

Yeah I see what you are saying, you are probably right in that reading of it.

I think either way the only real "confirmation" here is that Keaton is 1 of the 2 Batman's being referenced in the original statement. There's no "new actor", which.. I don't know why anyone thought that from the interview in the first place.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I see what you are saying, you are probably right in that reading of it.

I think either way the only real "confirmation" here is that Keaton is 1 of the 2 Batman's being referenced in the original statement. There's no "new actor", which.. I don't know why anyone thought that from the interview in the first place.
I'd agree with that.

Oct 25, 2017
You know what would be better than Barbara Gordon as Batgirl beyond?

1. Helena Wayne Batgirl Beyond
2. Cassandra Cain Batgirl Beyond
3. Stephanie Brown Batgirl Beyond

I think i'd evan take "Terri Mcginnis" instead.

Oct 25, 2017
the two concurrent continuities better be Battinson and Keatman Beyond, anything else and they've fucked it up again
Now the question is, who plays Terrence?

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
It could be a Crisis event that leads to him getting in the main universe, like how Post CiIE Superman coexisted for a with New52 Superman until he eventually replaced him.

Or he could be playing Bruce's dad in a Flashpoint movie.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, this is my reading of it. I do not expect them to have two Batman focused series running at the same time.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I'm a fan of Keaton but isn't he a bit old for Batman? Still, I'd love to see him wear the cape again so this has me excited.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I read it but that didn't give me any answers. As far as I know, Batman Beyond is an animated series about a scifi Batman in the future. What does that have to do with Keaton?
It's set in a cyberpunk type future with old man Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton in this case).

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
It's set in a cyberpunk type future with old man Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton in this case).

I just read it.... but it seems to me Bruce Wayne is a supporting character in Batman Beyond (Wiki says he retired) which kind of makes this news less exciting to me. I would rather see Keaton be the actual (as in active) Batman, but ok.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
People should probably lower their expectations for Batman Beyond. Right now we only know Keaton is going to be in the Flash movie and it's only speculation that he might show up in movies after that.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
I might be more interested in this version of Batman than Pattinson's.
I've always had a fondness for Keaten as Batman.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just read it.... but it seems to me Bruce Wayne is a supporting character in Batman Beyond (Wiki says he retired) which kind of makes this news less exciting to me. I would rather see Keaton be the actual (as in active) Batman, but ok.
I can understand that. I'm much more excited for a potential Batman Beyond film since I don't have much nostalgia for the Keaton flicks.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Batman Beyond isnt happening. The original report was that he'd play a mentor role to Flash, Batgirl, etc.

Speculating but maybe this is their way into a new iteration of Justice League later on.

Oct 25, 2017
So many people misunderstanding this report and set up for massive disappointment. No reason to think they're doing a Batman Beyond.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
CompetentOpenHoneycreeper-size_restricted.gif

Best Batman ready to murder, incinerate and explode baddies.