Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fassbender chasing that paper now. Good for him, but man his resume has plummeted the past few years.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Man just wants that pay day. I still think he is a good actor though. Just not picky with his movies.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people so down on Kung Fury? It was hilarious and super well made. I am so stoked for this.

Because at half an hour it basically did everything it set out to do and making the same thing but an hour and a half long seems like its going to stretch the premise and what made the short film work to the absolute breaking point, if not well beyond that. A lot of these purposefully schlocky throw backs to grind hoes movies or 80's cheese or what not often fall flat on their face as at best they're aping an aesthetic and style of film without seemingly doing all that much beyond exaggerating things that existed before. I think a lot of these people making these films forget that 80's movies weren't trying to be "80's movies" but were just movies of the time period.

Jojo Leir

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like he entered the "no fucks to give, I'm here for the payday" phase of his career some 20 years too early.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

Damn, both him and Alicia Vikander are not great at picking projects.

It's the video game movie curse.

Gyllenhaal survived Price of Persia though haha

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people are hating on Fassbender and his agent for this. This could be a project he's actually interested in. He, for all we know, loved Kung Fury like most of us.

With that said, I don't see how they could take it and bring it to a feature length film. It's kind of already perfect.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I guess Shame will still be his best performance (didn't like Hunger tbqh, but I recognize it probably was a harder role for him to do).

Damn, dude was on top of the game not many years ago.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get why people are hating on Fassbender and his agent for this. This could be a project he's actually interested in. He, for all we know, loved Kung Fury like most of us.

With that said, I don't see how they could take it and bring it to a feature length film. It's kind of already perfect.

If anything, the original short film dragged on too long. The gag got tired for me after about ten minutes.

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks because some of his film choices weren't obviously terrible, they just turned out bad.

Nobody was going to turn down working with Ridley Scott.

And as for the snowman, Thomas Alfredson was coming off the back of Let the right one In, and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, which are both amazing... buuuut. It happened again.

Assassins Creed was like a pet project financed by his own production company right? Macbeth wasn't terrible either, but again, the guys next film absolutely sucked.

At least he'll always have Steve McQueen. I imagine they'll team up again.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
1) did OP purposefully pick Fassbenders most unknown movies?
2) when you organize the title like that, i thought he died.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Afaik the movie is going to be a sequel and not a remake of the short.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

He was genuinely interested and passionate about Assassin's Creed. Look how that turned out. He's an extremely talented actor with awful career instincts, a good manager should be mitigating that.

His last 3 big roles were in AC, Alien Covenant, and The Snowman. Not great.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He was genuinely interested and passionate about Assassin's Creed. Look how that turned out. He's an extremely talented actor with awful career instincts, a good manager should be mitigating that.
Ok..so what? A project turning out worse than expected doesn't taint your career if you keep doing other good work.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Well to be fair, Assassin's Creed had much of the same creators as Macbeth. Same director, writer (one of them), cinematographer, composer and both had Fassbender and Cotillard of course. It had many of the right ingredients to be good but they botched it.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Ok..so what? A project turning out worse than expected doesn't taint your career if you keep doing other good work.

Realistically it's only been like a couple years of shitty movies. He got a best actor nom for Steve Jobs in 2015, macbeth was a year later I think

But he's in a lot of crap too so it kind of taints the big picture I guess

Hopefully he bounces back again. Dude is so damn good when given a decent script

Hell, he was the sole good thing about the last two alien movies as well

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well to be fair, Assassin's Creed had much of the same creators as Macbeth. Same director, writer (one of them), cinematographer, composer and both had Fassbender and Cotillard of course. It had many of the right ingredients to be good but they botched it.

That cinematographer basically hit the mist and smoke button. It was one of the worst looking films I've seen. So over detailed and messy.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I don't get how he read the script and thought it was good. I also don't know what the DP was thinking with the entire aesthetic for the movie. It failed on so many levels that it could have easily succeeded at.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

He was also really interested and involved in the production of AssCrud.

That movie lived up to that name.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought the original suffered from being too short.
Are we going to get another Hasselhoff single tho?

Oct 25, 2017
You're one of the most popular actors in the world and what do you do?

You pull a Jeremy Irons on your career.

Willingly.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped giving a shit half way through the summary, how they going to do 90+ minutes