CD99

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Fassbender doesn't give a fuck any more

Oh I just saw the physical abuse thing... yeah this dude's career is cratering hard and fast it seems.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know there was going to be a feature film but if nothing else this at least makes the movie more...intriguing to me. Not sure if it is going to be any good though, I enjoyed the short but that was enough for me.

Oct 25, 2017
The Kung Fury short was good but there is no way it'll work as a feature length.

Also Fassbender's career has been bizarre recently.

Burli

Nov 7, 2017
So can this be considered more proof that Fassbender's career is tanking following the abuse stories?

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all taking about fassbender, im still.in awe this is being made into a movie. The trailer was amazing, the short was good. Full movie? Idk if I want.

RetroCCN

Oct 26, 2017
This better be tongue-in-cheek and dripping in beautiful, trashy 80s aesthetics the whole way through.

Deleted member 14192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FrankM.jpg

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
They are totally going to drop the ball in this like most of these films do. The original worked at a half hour but going for a full length feature is mostly going to stretch things to the breaking point

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Im in! Just make sure Magnus Betnér and Björn Gustafsson reprise their roles as well.

intheflorsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to my boy Fassbender? He's been in like two good movies since Basterds.

Edit: I am retracting his my boy status after learning about the allegations.

Roberto Duran

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Fassbender has a terrible agent. He was once a guy I'd go to the theater no matter what for, now I don't go to any of his movies.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao one of the best actors alive and he's been just fucking around heavy as of late smh

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you're giving him his fair due...he's got hits like 300, Inglourous Basterds and X-Men...And also powerhouse performances like Hunger, Shame and Steve Jobs.
Nigga I said a few

He has FC, Frank, IB, Shame, Jobs, 12 years...

Then you have like everything else including The Snowman, Assassin's Creed, Prometheus, Covenant, Light Between us....

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fassbender is such an unbelievable waste of an actor, continues to pick one dubious project after another.

He'll soon become the Nick Cage of the 21st century, right down to the jokes (not really) about the guy firing his agent.

The short film is already close to unwatchable and interminable at just a half hour, so a feature length version of all that bullshit sounds like something that should be sanctioned by every nation on the planet. They could get Tom Hanks and I still petition for it to be shot into the sun.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people so down on Kung Fury? It was hilarious and super well made. I am so stoked for this.

Why are people so down on Kung Fury? It was hilarious and super well made. I am so stoked for this.
It's empty nostalgia-pandering that looks absolutely awful and makes no attempt to hide that the action scenes are stitched together from a bajillion sources, which gives them all the excitement of clipping newspaper articles. The only redeeming value it possesses is the Mitch Murder score, and you thankfully don't need to watch the movie to hear it.

And in a world where Turbo Kid exists, a far better ode to stupid 80s DTV sci-fi action films, the worthlessness of the film is even more apparent.