Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
www.theverge.com

Instagram’s Twitter competitor, Threads, briefly showed up on Google Play

Threads is probably getting released soon.
Alessandro Paluzzi, a developer who routinely digs into app code to expose unreleased features, tweeted early this morning that Meta's Twitter clone, Thread, had been released into the Google Play store. It appears as though that was a mistake, however, because the app is nowhere to be found now.
Wonder what the word for posting is.

"Brb, gonna weave a funny meme"

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Giving it the same name as the the nuclear apocalyptic film seems oddly appropriate.

Tracksuit Larry

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 26, 2023
On the one hand, "thread" has become a meme/joke in and of itself and conjures up some of the most insufferable people on Twitter.

on the other hand... it's not a bad name.

(fuck Meta, though).

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
I hate meta but lets be real.

this is where everyone is going to migrate to. The other alternatives dont have a chance with them migrating easily all IG users. + all celebrities and notable people, your username on IG will transfer so no need to worry about your handle or fighting for it.... yeah this is the one im afraid

Last edited:

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
It's a better name than BlueSky or Mastodon, but it just reminds of that horribly depressing nuke film.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
This will give unprecedented attention to the most terrifying movie ever made.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I hate meta but lets be real.

this is where everyone is going to migrate to. The other alternatives dont have a chance with them migrating easily all IG users

This might be true but the people that are complaining about Dorsey owning a portion of Bluesky can't be out here supporting Zuckerberg. I don't care as long as moderation is decent. It's never going to be perfect but Twitter doesn't even try. I've reported accounts on Bluesky and they have actually been actioned I have never had a single report actioned on Twitter since Elon took over and I'm talking posts calling for violence for crying out loud lol.

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
Interesting. But yeah today would be a good day to launch a social media app. Specially if this rate limit bullshit continues for much longer.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
threads-2.jpg

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
As everyone else has correctly said, fuck Meta.

But yeah… since Bluesky apparently never wants to actually start inviting users, Threads is going to easily win this whole Twitter replacement race.

This app will launch with ALL Instagram users instantly having an account. It's going to be huge.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I'm going to fucking scream if the only one to make a suitable replacement for twitter is fucking Facebook.

Why do all the other ones have to be so obtuse and weird with their limited space servers and other nonsense?