Oct 25, 2017
It was imperfect but pretty good. Should be recognized for its visual design and attention to detail in its environments above all else honestly. Story, combat, acting? Naughty Dog did a decent job but none were even as close to the game's ability to create a vast believable world.

Mecha

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
ND are still kings in the biz. TLOU PII is their best game with their best characters.

I hope everyone can see the light someday and accept Abby as the queen she is.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Off topic, but is there going to be a Resetera GOTY thread for 2020? Surprised it's not up yet...

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
It's a hell of a game. I don't know if everyone will love it in 10 years, but they'll definitely remember it.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm typically not a fan of the most AAA game of the year being GOTY, but it's hard to argue with this one. The pacing in the last 2-3 hours is questionable, but otherwise a truly great game.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad after how hostile it's been with this game (ppl truly lost their minds prelease after the leaks) glad we're slowly coming to terms with it being something incredible all said and done.

lol but jeez the twitter hate brigade is comical in how salty they are in each post announcing that it's game of the year. Must be exhausting constantly seeing ND get away with it.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
A landslide. It's much deserved for what the game accomplished, it's just awful the price the team had to pay.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
This forum is so out of touch.

I haven't played the game far enough to drive yet, but despite all the deserved backlash Cyberpunk got, there is still an ENORMOUS amount of people praising Cyberpunk and starting their sentences with "even with all the bugs", etc. ...

I'm not surprised it got voted that high...

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Cyberpunk even appearing on the list at all, let alone so high goes to show how much popularity factors into these things.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Not surprising. It's my GOTY too. The more I ruminate on it, the more I realise that I probably like it more than the first game as well.

One of my GOATs.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid

I haven't played the game far enough to drive yet, but despite all the deserved backlash Cyberpunk got, there is still an ENORMOUS amount of people praising Cyberpunk and starting their sentences with "even with all the bugs", etc. ...

I have 40 hours with the game. It's grindfest is pretty nice and, when the game hits, it hits. I made a weird build where thanks to cyberhacks i can defeat an enemy base without being spotted and not getting a foot there. Also, some scenes are pretty damn interesting even with the illusion of choices mattering. Game needs free DLCs, and lots of patches to correct the emptyness of the city and other little details like making more diverse fake ingame ads (as in, less shock and sex referential), because with that world, going to an 80's teen idea of shock publicity is shameful. Far from an awful game. Don't see it deserving a top spot right now.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

Cyberpunk has like a 500 page long OT here.
if there was a goty vote, it'd definitely end up in the top 10.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
No big surprises here. Though the difference in votes between TLOU and the rest is pretty staggering. Congrats to all who made the list. Only two of my own favorites in the top 5, Hades and Cyberpunk. Nothing else I liked (and played) placed in the top 15 even. Good to see Ori and Half-Life though.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
The gap is incredibly funny.

Get fucked haters.

Kitano

Mar 28, 2019
Incoming
fPsfb1I.jpg
Need more stamps, somebody fix it

meechan

Jan 10, 2021
I'm planning to play this game via remote play on my ps4 pro that is very far from where i live now, the ping is about 250 - 300 ms, do you think this game is playable? Or is any game (pc or ps4) playable with this kind of latency via remote play?

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
The reason TLOU2 can do so well in the metacritic goty user poll while having such a low user review score (5.7) is really clear and easy: Shit heads can brigade a games review score and massively rate it low, but they can't brigade it out of receiving lots of popular votes. Even if they all agreed on one game to throw their weight behind and massively upvoted it together just to spite TLOU2, TLOU2 would have still gotten at worst second place.