Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
How? Each game is arguably one of the best examples of its respective genre.

There are not many genre diversity there, right? It's full of third person action adventures mostly with some little exceptions that don't derivate too far from that norm.

Where are the racing games? Fighters? Multiplayer games? Puzzles? Visual novels? Sports? Platformers?

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
The users list is pretty similar to Metacritic's aggregated list of game of the decade picks from various media sources.

www.metacritic.com

Best Video Games of the Decade (2010-19)

What were the best games of the 2010s? Find out as we rank the decade's highest-scoring releases and compile of best-of-the-decade top 10 lists from a variety of video game publications.

Man, Zelda got more #1 awards than any other game in the list combined.

Now that's your game of the decade.

Oct 26, 2017
Not my #1 but more than fair enough. Waiting for the smugness and butthurt to get going full stop though. It's already setting in

3 Playstation exclusives, it's amazing how much better Sony have been than any other publisher for the past decade.

Major yikes to everyone else.
Plenty of great publishers this decade. Sony was by no means the only good one...or even the best, imo

Jun 20, 2019
Am I wrong in thinking the #10 game on Era's GOTY vote will have more votes than the #10 game on the Metacritic decade list by, like, an order of magnitude?

Oct 25, 2017
TLOU will stay with me for the rest of my life.

BOTW is a good sandbox but was not memorable for me. Does some amazing things though.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
2600 votes is really low and as much as I like The Last of Us this is definitely not a game of the decade.

Deleted member 47076

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Yikes what a CRINGE LIST bro. It doesn't have what I liked the most... therefore it's pretty YIKES tbh.

/s

The Last of Us is an incredible game and a valid choice, though not my personal favorite.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I enjoyed all the games on this list and honestly any one could have been #1 of the decade and I would have nodded my head. Some of you take this shit way too personally.

Excited that most of the devs on that list have new games coming out in the next couple years. Great time to enjoy this hobby! 👍🏼

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The correct choice won #1. TLOU is a masterpiece and my favourite game ever.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
2600 participating users seems incredlibly low for such a popular site like Metacritic. Did they keep the vote a secret from everyone but a few, lol?

Other than that great list. They are all great games and all of them would also have deserved top spot.

OldGamer

Jul 6, 2019
It's a little interesting that Mario Odyssey didn't
even make the list even though the Metacritic score rivals #1. Did the Nintendo fans put all their eggs in one basket?

Regardless, the list itself is pretty strong and are all pretty solid contenders.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Wish I was surprised by this. Of course it won. It's unfair to combine TLOU and TLOUR though. Two different SKUs. Probably had 150 a piece. Damn shame, there are so many better games on that list that play better.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TLOU will stay with me for the rest of my life.

BOTW is a good sandbox but was not memorable for me. Does some amazing things though.
That's cool. I love both. TLoU elevated acting and production values in video games to new heights and BotW gave me a sense of wonder I haven't felt in a game since I was a child.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
What can you do, people really like movies with games shoehorned into them. I can't say that's not a good list otherwise.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The users list is pretty similar to Metacritic's aggregated list of game of the decade picks from various media sources.

www.metacritic.com

Best Video Games of the Decade (2010-19)

What were the best games of the 2010s? Find out as we rank the decade's highest-scoring releases and compile of best-of-the-decade top 10 lists from a variety of video game publications.

Glad to see Metro Gamecentral hitting the nail on the head as usual with their pick. At least Galaxy 2 has that one if nothing else.

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
3 Playstation exclusives, it's amazing how much better Sony have been than any other publisher for the past decade.

Major yikes to everyone else.

Well, if you check the best rated games of the decade list on the same site, you get that 3 from the top 5 are made by Nintendo... while there is only one from Sony in the top 10.

Many developers put amazing games out there. Sony wasn't even the best rated one overall.

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I scored them all. This is 100% accurate. Please do not argue.

1. The Last of Us - 95
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 90
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 85
4. Red Dead Redemption 2 - 98
5. Mass Effect 2 - 88
6. Bloodborne - 100
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 80
8. God of War - 94
9. Grand Theft Auto V - 80
10. Dark Souls - 93

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
If someone ask me the same question, only thing that would come up in my mind is Tlou too.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Wish I was surprised by this. Of course it won. It's unfair to combine TLOU and TLOUR though. Two different SKUs. Probably had 150 a piece. Damn shame, there are so many better games on that list that play better.
I'd say there isn't much on the list that actually play better unless it's from FROM

Mar 29, 2018
Hard disagree. In fact that entire list is pretty yikes.
You mean the ultra focus tested singleplayer game of a major console manufacturer won? No shit.
Yes... Feed your anger.

I will thrive on your delicious salt.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a glaring omission.

But a solid list nonetheless.
There are a couple of glaring omissions for sure. Still, you can only have so many games in a tiny, arbitrary list.

Oct 26, 2017
I scored them all. This is 100% accurate. Please do not argue.

1. The Last of Us - 95
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 90
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 85
4. Red Dead Redemption - 98
5. Mass Effect 2 - 88
6. Bloodborne - 100
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 80
8. God of War - 94
9. Grand Theft Auto V - 80
10. Dark Souls - 93
I'll never get how folk can get 93 or 98. Those are too close to 95 or 100 for me

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
There are not many genre diversity there, right? It's full of third person action adventures mostly with some little exceptions that don't derivate too far from that norm.

Where are the racing games? Fighters? Multiplayer games? Puzzles? Visual novels? Sports? Platformers?

It's user voted, so this kind of game is more popular.

I'm assuming Fortnite and other MP players don't care about MC, or it would be a easy victory

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I know this isn't a new take or anything, but it continually astounds me how much TLOU has benefited from gamers' general illiteracy when it comes to non-gaming media.

It's a pretty well written relationship between two characters that's built on a mountain of cliches and stock situations that have been done better dozens of times elsewhere.
Execution tends to beat out originality; if anything, execution is undervalued. TLOU being a game and story built upon decades of post-apocalyptic literature and media doesn't make its characters, pacing, gameplay, and storytelling through gameplay any less impactful or diminishes their executions

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Metacritic users hah , you mean the ones that review bomb any game not available on their platform of choice?

Oh boy Dark Souls all the way down there

What do you mean all the way down there lol. It's still in the top 10 for the decade which is fantastic considering all the amazing games that came out.

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
Personally fine with either BotW, TLoU or Witcher 3 being the game of the decade.
Seeing people getting bent into the 4th dimension when it's anything BUT BotW is entertaining.