NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, though when I think of "best of the decade" I don't think TLOU ranks even in the top 5. I don't feel like it's emblematic of the decade that much outside of cementing Sony down the path of triple A cinematic being their oeuvre (I'd put Dark Souls over it for instance, even though I don't even like that game very much).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Deserved. It's a good fucking game.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad list surprisingly, considering the unreliability of Metacritic user scores. I disagree with TLOU though

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
3 Playstation exclusives, it's amazing how much better Sony have been than any other publisher for the past decade.

Major yikes to everyone else.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Congrats ND!
giphy.gif

TLOU is my personal GOAT too.

Godspeed to Bethesda and Bioware for this next decade, seems like those games came out ages ago.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
#1 choice may be contentious, but let's be honest: From and Rockstar are the real winners on that list

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say I understand why this game in particular is winning. I found the story average and the gameplay while good was letdown by the level design. I guess the sound design, music and artstyle was good.

Congrats anyway.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Red Dead or Breath of The Wild to me.

Both disruptive.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Wait why are the number of votes so low ? Just 30 votes got Dark Souls into top 10 ?

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
On another note.

You can play every single one of those games on a PlayStation, except BOTW. What a fantastic gaming console.

MS needs to step it up an get an exclusive on the list next decade lol

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I know this isn't a new take or anything, but it continually astounds me how much TLOU has benefited from gamers' general illiteracy when it comes to non-gaming media.

It's a pretty well written relationship between two characters that's built on a mountain of cliches and stock situations that have been done better dozens of times elsewhere.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
And damn Naughty Dog and CD projekt red are about to drop more awesome games this year. :p

I don't know when Elden Ring is coming lol.

Oct 31, 2017
Well deserved.

This thread is gonna explode really soon with angry people but I definitely agree with the Metacritic community choice. The list is also pretty great with a lot of amazing games in there that deserve to be there. Probably the best list I've seen in a while.

Last edited:

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Wow. That's actually a great list.

Congrats to ND for a GOAT-tier game. Most of those in the top ten could be considered so for many including me.

Apr 24, 2018
If I was told Metacritic users had picked a game of the decade with no other context, I'd know it was invariably either TLOU or BotW. Really no surprises here.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Is this the place where people rank the same game with 10s or 0s depending the system they are on? What could go wrong!

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
What has more value, a metacritic user award or a GameFaqs poll of the day?

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
100% right game won. Personally I'd probably swap second and third though. As much as I loved Z:BotW and all the amazing things it did for open world games, TW3 just had a much bigger impact on me. Plus the DLC for it is better than most games.

MattHeus

Mar 2, 2019
The list lacks diversity, mine would be really different, but it's okay... Around what I would expect from the Era/Metacritic crowd.

AAA games with high production value...

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Remove BotW, skyrim and Witcher 3 and you've got great list. I've never played red dead 2, so it wouldn't be on mine either

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Surprised by the numbers there honestly. Would've thought that a topic as 'incendiary' as this would have drawn the typical user there like moths to a flame but I guess not? Or is MC not as big as I thought and the infamous review bombings are the exception to the usual user base?

30 votes for charting 10th is extremely low.