DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nchij_e7_p1.gif
Name?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol:

At around 4:39 in this video. Slightly cheating since he doesn't die immediately, but either way, LMAO. Especially brutal and unexpected for an MI movie.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they are and they arent? He is the same person but grey no longer exists beyond that point. I figured thats what others were going with. I mean, its clearly still gandalf.
Well, Gandalf "the White" woke up in the body of Gandalf "the Grey". He didn't even get a new body or anything. The only difference is the name.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
Well, Gandalf "the White" woke up in the body of Gandalf "the Grey". He didn't even get a new body or anything. The only difference is the name.

Yeah. Thats why you can argue it over the technicalities in the writing i guess. but if i remember right, he died… went to tolkien heaven and they sent him back anew, with gandalf the grey being done with.
Im not that deep in it, but ive had folks try to explain it before lol.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
Some of the best are here. But any fall that has the Wilhelm Scream gets an instant thumbs up from me.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Other favourites. NSFL.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

- YouTube

At the 3:25 mark...

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Can't find a clip of it, but the ending of The Professional: Golgo 13 (1983) has a fall that might technically not count.

The Flying Graysons. Take your pick. They eat shit with the best of them. Titans, Batman Forever or TAS. Granted, two are shows. Still though.

Had me messed up

tumblr_msouz8BrrM1rrkahjo7_250.gif

Muntz's death went through a few iterations including one where the balloons would have pulled him up. Part of me wishes they'd gone with that or the one where he got trapped in a maze Shining-style instead. Cool to see the thought process behind the pros and cons for each of Muntz's fates in this video

They made the right choice. Him having only ~3 balloons around his ankle was the more messed up than just having none. Just the brief moment of the viewer processing it makes it way more messed up .

"Oh, the balloons will let him safely float down ... wait, there aren't nearly enough! 😬"

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I always like Chuck's death in Child's Play 3. I always remember his feet kicking lol.

- YouTube

giphy.gif

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
youtu.be

Cliffhanger Movie Clip Sarah's Fall Full HQ

She was an experienced climber, she trusted him to rescue her, but something went wrong high above the valley floor and Gabe Walker (Sylvester Stallone) has ...

This traumatized me as a child and is probably what inspired a lifelong fear of heights. Rewatching it now...yep, still horrifying, but this time I couldn't help but notice the guy grinning like an idiot behind Michael Rooker. I guess he was going for an "intense" look but...just no.

Oh, that's a good one.

For those who haven't seen it (warning: really graphic):

I admire the realism of this, even if it is graphic, compared to the clips of most older movies that have a character falling a mile and just landing with a loud thud but no visible injuries. It's also kind of amazing that Midsommar has so many disturbing scenes that this is the one I find least disturbing

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This traumatized me as a child and is probably what inspired a lifelong fear of heights. Rewatching it now...yep, still horrifying, but this time I couldn't help but notice the guy grinning like an idiot behind Michael Rooker. I guess he was going for an "intense" look but...just no.
In motion it really doesn't look like a grin IMO