• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Switch lag impressions
  • Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
    Lightning for Smash
    Seems like this would be the best place to quote Ash from GX.

I've been playing the collection for a few weeks now on Switch, you can find my GX preview here as well as a preview discussion with prolific Mega Man YouTuber ShadowRockZX here. With that said...

...Now, as for Zero/ZX Collection: if there is any input lag, it's so minor that it's virtually meaningless, both on my 1080p LED with a Pro Controller and on handheld mode. I don't have any equipment with which to test the actual latency Digital Foundry style, so I can't back this up with numbers or anything, but just like with the classic and X collections, I have played all of these games many times over the years as a hardcore Mega Man fan (with the exception of ZX and ZXA, which I've only played about three times each) and to me they play just as well as they always have. I haven't yet taken a death in this collection due to input lag or other control issues, and for as much time as I've spent with it now during the preview phase, I don't expect to.

Does that mean your mileage won't vary? No, we're all different, but I know very, very well how these games are supposed to feel and play and Zero/ZX Legacy Collection doesn't feel compromised at all in those respects.

TL;DR - Based on my preview time with the Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (a few weeks now), I'm confident in saying that any input lag in this collection, if it exists, is minimal at best and does not adversely affect the gameplay experience at least for my setup (which, again, is a high-end Samsung 1080p LED, not a 4K display). This also goes for handheld mode, and applies across every title. I know this won't convince the usual "Classic and X Legacy Collections are trash" crowd, but hopefully this helps reassure the rest of you at least a little.

Booty
  • Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
    So, for someone who has not played theese games, what's this "booty"-reference?

EJ2egpfU0AEMLLS.jpg

She really loves her booty.

An education in box art...
  • Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
    The greatest thing about this collection is that Zero 2 onwards don't have those awful logos that Capcom Europe decided to rebrand all Mega Man games with around that time. The box arts were even worse (though it looks like they at least improved as time went on).

For the unaware, here's Zero 2:

67524-mega-man-zero-2-game-boy-advance-front-cover.jpg
    Mmzero2box.jpg
    617HMGRAAKL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Games are allegedly ports, not emulation.
  • Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
    Nov 11, 2017
    Are any of the final retail releases of this game receiving complaints about excessive input lag?

I can't feel anything detrimental on the PS4 version, personally, but I don't have the tools to really measure either.

Just curious.

I have not seen a single complaint about input lag on any platform. I've personally played the Switch and Xbox versions and they feel flawless.

I've heard from certain sources (steam modders, J's Reviews) that the games within the collection are not being run on an emulator, but rather are source code based ports to Capcom's MT Framework engine, which might explain how they got them running so smoothly. I'm still trying to do some research to get 100% confirmation on this, but for what it's worth, the MT Framework logo is displayed prominently on the back of the box and in the credits.

Edit: Here's another source to throw on the pile, a reddit user talked to the devs at PAX 5 months ago: link

I really want an official interview to confirm this.

Last edited: