• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
fFpLdm3.png

CnGAlyN.png
Platform(s): Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One
Release Date:
February 25th, 2020​
Genre: Action
Price: $29.99
Player(s): 1-2 (2 player limited to the Z Chaser Mode in split screen)
Format: Digital/Physical (Physical release is not in all regions)
Developer: Inti Creates
Publisher: Capcom
Size: ~7GB

FBAHRds.png

What is the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection?
This game is a collection of the 4 Mega Man Zero GBA games and the 2 Mega Man ZX DS titles with additional enhancements and tweaks.

How do the games play?
The Mega Man Zero titles are stage-based action games like the series is known for while the ZX titles take on a more open approach similar to the Metroid series with an explorable, interconnected, environment.

What's new in this set?
You'll get a new casual difficulty modes for better experiencing the story, 3 different display filters, remastered voices and cutscenes for the DS titles, a Z Chaser race mode for 1 to 2 players and an art/music gallery.

What is Z Chaser?
Z Chaser is an AGDQ-inspired race mode where you can either race against the CPU, another human (via local play), or recorded ghosts through a variety of stages from the games in the collection.

Casual difficulty modes?
There is a lower difficulty option that decreases the damage you take and removes the instant-death you get for landing on spikes. There is also an optional save-assist toggle that lets you find checkpoints mid-mission and save your progress.

How is the e-Reader handled in Mega Man Zero 3?
All the cards are unlockable in-game.

Are the unlockables you'd get for putting Zero 3 and 4 in the GBA slot while playing ZX still included?
Yes.

Other regions included for the games?
Yes, like the other Legacy Collections, regional versions of the games are included and maintain their differences (JPN dub in ZX/Advent, blood in MM: Zero).

Can I play with the JPN dub in the English version of Advent?
No. You'll have to hear all about that "booty" if you play the English release.

How is the touch screen handed for the DS games?
You use the second analogue stick to move a cursor around the screen and click it to select the option you are hovering over. Apparently you cannot use the Switch's touch screen when in handheld mode.

Do I need to have played the earlier Mega Man titles before playing this set?
While the Zero series is a followup to the Mega Man X titles you do not need to have played them to jump into this set. There will be some additional payoff for folks familiar with those previous games but the games are also written for those coming to Mega Man for the first time.

Input lag?
The games appear to be native ports via the MT Framework engine, there is no notable input lag mentioned on any platform.

How long are the games?
The 4 Zero games can range from 3 to 6 hours depending on the difficulty and the ZX titles are about twice that length.

Does the game have the audio from the DS Zero Collection?
Yes. The game includes the improved soundtrack from the DS collection for Zero 1-4.

Is the game enhanced on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X?
It doesn't appear so. Your console will have to scale the pixel art to 4k from 1080p.

gJFXyKT.png

Ue07ZDE.jpg

It's your mission to help the exiled scientist Ciel discover the source of a new reploid energy! Play as Mega Man's pal Zero, the reploid from the Mega Man X series turned good by the infectious Sigma Virus and 100 years of sleep. Conquer your adversaries and find the energy source... or risk ultimate defeat. It's up to you to defend good from the destructive powers in the universe.

tQsChTw.jpg

In Mega Man Zero 2, Zero falls prey to a trap set by Neo Arcadia's ruthless commander, who plans to use Zero to end the peace between reploids and humans. As Zero, you must battle through a variety of levels and challenges to make sure the commander doesn't succeed. A new weapon-customization system lets you adjust the game-level difficulty.

5pk4YnR.jpg

Mega Man Zero 3 continues the saga of the main character, Zero, and introduces new gameplay elements that build and expand upon previous games in the Zero series. While Zero and his Reploid (robot) allies continue the fight for peace in Neo Arcadia, a new reploid, Omega, attempts to brainwash the Resistance. Now, as Zero, you must save your allies by using new customizable chips, a new Recoil Rod weapon, Cyber Elves that increase your abilities, and secret disks that offer valuable information.

86Gw9V0.jpg

After falling under the evil rule of Dr. Weil, Neo Arcadia has collapsed into a state of chaos and confusion. Zero discovers this disastrous turn of events when he and his friends come to the rescue of a band of humans fleeing Neo Arcadia. Now it's up to our hero Zero to resolve this terrible conflict between humans and reploids to restore peace and security to the land. With new systems to seize enemy weapons and create strengthening chips and new Cyber elf programs to introduce new abilities.

v5QE4Ni.png

Leap into the future! A dynamic Biometal system plays the central role and gives you the ability to transform into different Model types with cool powers. Two playable characters to choose from with unique abilities for incredible action gameplay.

r6gkuAe.jpg

In Mega Man ZX Advent, the main characters discover the power of the mysterious "Biometal model A," which on its own has several attacks, but also has a special Megamerge ability which allows the character to transform into one of eight "Pseudoroid" bosses that each have a unique set of abilities. Once a boss is defeated, players can emulate their powers to find hidden routes, discover rare items and aid their battles against more powerful enemies. The title takes full advantage of the Nintendo DS features to enhance the action-packed gameplay and story line of the popular series.

R9vj95C.png

ss_e3ee4da062732d7bd032a7d8d2b97ff8c96eaf9b.600x338.jpg
ss_5f5bbeb5d1e6ecb4dccd29f759b8350c569be740.600x338.jpg

ss_cf7ee483e9eb1e8cd956e70f3b721cf48e11d16f.600x338.jpg
ss_ff06e2b1d45d3f68842fff4fe3009834a3faf6ea.600x338.jpg

7PaYZpH.png

Metacritic
Xbox One | PC | PS4 | Switch
Opencritic

IGN 8/10
The games in the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy still deliver, but the bonus features are pretty standard fare.

PlayStation Universe 8/10
Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is yet another great collection for any Mega Man fan. For a lot of people, this may be their first experience with the Mega Man Zero titles and this collection is perfect for franchise fans and people looking to get into the franchise for the first time thanks to the checkpoint and Casual Play modes.

Noisypixel 8.5/10
There is a lot of excellent game design packed into the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection. With the added Z Chaser, save assist, and casual mode, the series is now more accessible than ever with added modes for returning fans. Any of the shortcomings of one title is made up for in the other, which makes it easy to say that that this collection is 2D action at its finest.

GameXplain "Love it"

KHObf4t.png

Official Site

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to replay the games all over again. Zero1-4 are still basically the best MM games in the series for me. The speed run mode sounds like a blast as well, and I'm glad that the E-reader/GBA slot stuff is also still included in the ports. Looking forward to my physical releases being shipping this week.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
I'm playing the collection right now on One X, still holds up, Still a masterpiece or a series. Playing a GBA game on a 4K TV things are so big and stretched 😂 still so good though. Haven't noticed input lag at all, nothing noticable like the previous collections.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Nice OT!
Ordered the physial version from US Amazon and it wont be delivered to me between march 9-18th. Really looking formward to play theese since i only had MMZ1 on the GBA and never got to the rest.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered the Switch release. Hoping that's not a mistake if there's input lag.

Bring it on! (And then bring on the Battle Network Collection(s)!)

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I already have the Zero Collection on DS, but am rebuying it for ZX and playing on a big screen.

Don't sleep on this, folks, it's freaking great.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta know if there's input lag before I can allow myself to be excited for this. I was burned by the X collection and It'd break my heart if this were to burn me too. On my birthday no less (yeah, this is releasing on my birthday).

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Never played these. I'm a hardcore MM Classic fan (didn't care too much about the X series). This series I would assume plays more like X than Classic right? There's air dashing and such?

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The game for Switch is not available in my local Amazon, maybe is a signal to wait impressions. Hope it delivers or otherwise will have to get it at PS4.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can I play with the JPN dub in the English version of Advent?
No. You'll have to hear all about that "booty" if you play the English release.
If I had to find a single bad thing about this release it would be this. That english dub is so bad and not in a funny way for me, at least there's region selection for them.

Still a day one purchase, been dying to replay ZX and this is a great opportunity to do that.

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'll jump back into ZX first I think, it has been the longest.
I fully intend to get decent at the game again and revisit a self imposed challenge I did back in the DS version: Beating the bonus Omega boss on hard mode using only model PX without charge short.
Speaking of challenge, I always loved that the hard mode for the ZX games didn't nerf the player too much(aside from health) and actually made the bosses more potent!

Cengizhan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm in Europe (The Netherlands) and I was wondering whether the pre-order bonuses are included when pre-ordering a physical copy. Anyone know this?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to seeing if there are any "unknown" pieces art in the gallery that hint at future titles.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Definitely wanna get this. I only ever played MMZ 1&2. 3,4, and the ZX games will be completely new to me.

Despite the fairly generous price of this collection at launch, I'll still hold off until I can get it for $20 or less, and I am wondering if they can get Switch input latency down.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more excited for this than any of the previous mega man collections; I never finished the Zero series, and I've never played ZX at all. My copy will be waiting for me when I get home Friday

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
They are great games but no dual audio for ZX/ZXA and we dont know how its the input lag on Switch so going to wait for reviews and a sale...

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Gotta know the input lag situation before I commit to this one. I'm not a die-hard for the Zero series, like I am for the X series, so the ports have to be rock solid this time or I'm not interested.

Hoping for the best since I'd like to try out the ZX games, the price of the package is just right, and there's no need to import anything this go-around. 🤞

Switch lag impressions

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Seems like this would be the best place to quote Ash from GX.

I've been playing the collection for a few weeks now on Switch, you can find my GX preview here as well as a preview discussion with prolific Mega Man YouTuber ShadowRockZX here. With that said...

...Now, as for Zero/ZX Collection: if there is any input lag, it's so minor that it's virtually meaningless, both on my 1080p LED with a Pro Controller and on handheld mode. I don't have any equipment with which to test the actual latency Digital Foundry style, so I can't back this up with numbers or anything, but just like with the classic and X collections, I have played all of these games many times over the years as a hardcore Mega Man fan (with the exception of ZX and ZXA, which I've only played about three times each) and to me they play just as well as they always have. I haven't yet taken a death in this collection due to input lag or other control issues, and for as much time as I've spent with it now during the preview phase, I don't expect to.

Does that mean your mileage won't vary? No, we're all different, but I know very, very well how these games are supposed to feel and play and Zero/ZX Legacy Collection doesn't feel compromised at all in those respects.

TL;DR - Based on my preview time with the Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (a few weeks now), I'm confident in saying that any input lag in this collection, if it exists, is minimal at best and does not adversely affect the gameplay experience at least for my setup (which, again, is a high-end Samsung 1080p LED, not a 4K display). This also goes for handheld mode, and applies across every title. I know this won't convince the usual "Classic and X Legacy Collections are trash" crowd, but hopefully this helps reassure the rest of you at least a little.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to play these games again.

I hope someone makes an undub version for the zx games.

Uncencored patch would also be nice.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to have the top 6 best games in the Mega Man series all one cart.

Can't wait for more people to experience the SSS tier soundtracks the ZX games have too.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
These games are hard as hell. Looking forward to getting on PS4. The trophy list is at least do-able (no grade/rank specific requirements).

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
The one MM series I missed. Excited to pick this up. How's the music in these games?

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
I never played any of the ZX games so looking forward to that. I found the original series very hard.