• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Bunch of insecure people in here. The boyfriend doesn't own this woman. Everyone is acting like OP is gonna move in and take advantage of this poor helpless woman. She makes her own decisions and if the offer from someone else is more appealing to her then everything that follows is her choice.
Eh ... it's not like that in the least bit and this is a shitty justification for making a move on anyone in a relationship regardless of gender.

Oct 25, 2017
"Thanks but I have a boyfriend."

DKlQMtOVAAASa1B.jpg
Season 2 wen?!

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Yes, OP that's a shitty situation. Been there. All I can say is be a good friend, and who knows what can happen if they are not married, and maybe not all that solid, maybe that relationship will run its course, and who knows what could happen, but don't try and actively undermine the relationship. Because you will be shot down hard, and kiss the friendship goodbye.

And if you can't emotionally handle just friendship, then maybe just keep distance altogether. Don't get all emotionally invested either way, as your chances really aren't good here. Plenty of fish, ideally find one without baggage.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of a person even thinks about making a move on someone already in a relationship.

You are garbage OP.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a damned thing that anyone says in this thread will change the op's course, the parking break was released before they hit submit.
The few "hell yeah dawg" replies cemented that even with the majority saying no way.
It does not feel like a lasting relationship is the goal anyway.

But the real truths have been covered already...you do not shit where you eat by dipping into the pool where you work and if she left for you she sure as hell will leave for someone else later.

Nov 17, 2017
My girlfriend is happy that I told her how I felt. She was in an unhappy relationship but she likely would have stayed in it. I was honest at a time where it mattered most and I'm so glad that I shared my feelings.
Are you saying you knowingly waited for a decline in the relationship to dive in? That just seems like an odd way to phrase the bolded.

In a general sense, I think if you're in an unhappy relationship you should either try to fix it or leave for your own good instead of waiting to jump ship to a new relationship. Clearly you two are very happy so I'm not saying this as to somehow discredit your relationship because obviously I doubt you would do things any different but I wouldn't give this anecdote as general advice to people who want to slide in on people in relationships, like the OP. The way I see it, if someone is in a bad relationship and they're in love with someone else, there's nothing stopping them from making the move and leaving their relationship instead of waiting for that person to "save" them by trying to get with them. Generally, my advice is don't try to get with people in relationships.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Before we got married, I was with my girlfriend for ten years (together since highschool so not as "long" as it sounds to wait for marriage). I kid you not, every single year with the exception of the final two before marriage some douchebag came out of the woodwork actively knowingly trying to push me out. To say it stressed her out was an understatement, it was a genuine burden. Also, Beyonce was right about putting a ring on it in an unexpected way. Really shuts down the douchebags from even trying
Even the ring doesn't stop it in my case. I have had people she worked with, strangers, her friends and friends of her family all flirt with her or confess their feelings.

Some even know me and would comment to my face about how they wouldn't want to mess with me yet at some point my back will be turned and they are trying it.

A lot of men are just desperate, sad wankers who have no concept of boundaries or respect.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OP thinks his life is an anime.

"M-maybe senpai will notice me if I leave her chocolates~"

What a fucking troll.

But in case this is real, OP go for it. And make a second thread, thanks.

Spaceroast

Oct 30, 2017
I'm 13 pages late and I know I'm just echoing here, but imagine a hypothetical scenario where this girl is your girlfriend and some guy from work keeps knowingly trying hard to steal her away from you. How would you feel?

Don't be a dickhead.

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Are you saying you knowingly waited for a decline in the relationship to dive in? That just seems like an odd way to phrase the bolded.

In a general sense, I think if you're in an unhappy relationship you should either try to fix it or leave for your own good instead of waiting to jump ship to a new relationship. Clearly you two are very happy so I'm not saying this as to somehow discredit your relationship because obviously I doubt you would do things any different but I wouldn't give this anecdote as general advice to people who want to slide in on people in relationships, like the OP. The way I see it, if someone is in a bad relationship and they're in love with someone else, there's nothing stopping them from making the move and leaving their relationship instead of waiting for that person to "save" them by trying to get with them. Generally, my advice is don't try to get with people in relationships.

Nah, I didn't wait for a decline. What I meant by the bolded is that I told her how I felt before it was too late. It was poorly worded. And I 100% agree with you. Generally, don't go for people in relationships. It's not a good idea. I think a lot of what I was saying was lost due to the context of the thread. What OP wants to do is insane and unhealthy. Follow your feelings but also learn to read cues and get a sense of how organically a relationship is growing.

I've just been saying to follow your heart and lots of posters got mad at me because it felt like I was advocating for people to just go after whoever the hell they want and not care about relationships. That's not what I meant at all. I greatly benefited from being honest about my feelings and I wanted to share that experience. That's all.

Dec 22, 2017
I think there are two scenarios being discussed here:

1) If someone is in a relationship, and you have a connection with them, is it OK to try and move forward (or wait it out)?

2) Should you hit on a coworker who is giving zero signs of being available or interested?

Number 1 has a dozen or so IF/THAN scenarios but most of the time it's a firm no in my book. I do know people who have made it work. In those cases it started organically as a friendship and then turned into romance. Number 2 is a NO, always.

And for the record OP thinks he is asking about number 1, but it's really number 2.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Sounds like she barely knows who you are and you're just assuming the dude in the photo is her SO. Just ask her out, if she says no for any reason, at least you tried instead of being a creeper who anonymously leaves chocolate for people.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever you do just make sure the chocolate has nuts as well as you never know if she is possibly allergic. Hopefully she is and when she has a bad reaction you can swoop in with an EpiPen and save the day. Surely then she will see what a catch you are and fall madly in love with you despite having a BF.

Yes. I am being sarcastic. Very, very sarcastic. Stop being a creep.

LosDaddie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Sure.

A woman who's happy with her relationship will let you know real quick that she isn't looking for some new dick. She'll absolutely bring up her BF in convos.

So yes, I'm going to shoot my shot. I don't owe the BF anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
No, don't be a piece of shit.

Actually reading the OP, you don't even know who that dude is. Just see if she would want to hang out instead of trying to leave her gifts and shit. If she says she has a boyfriend then back off and move on.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Speaking from experience, do not pursue a woman that has a significant other.

Even if you did, and she went along with it having a man, that says everything about her and her loyalty.

Do not do it. Hard pass. It's not worth it.

If the dude in the pic isn't her SO, by all means, go for it!

Edit: How old are you? Serious question. If you're younger, I can understand being shy, but just get to know her, find out if she has a bf organically, then tell her you're into her and ask her out.

It's not hard, and the roundabout approaches are awful.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Your OP comes off a bit creepy to me, don't go leaving chocolates on a random woman's desk that you have barely spoken to.

If you want to try and get to know her, go to a work social event and try and engage in a conversation with her. From that try and gauge if she has any interest in you, don't just go up to her and ask her out that's just really odd in a work environment.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Absolutely no OP, are you for real? The fact that you're even asking this is fucking gross and it speaks volumes about you as a person.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Did it once. Minor things happened between us and I felt like shit because of it afterwards.

Never again. Which is a pity as I have found myself in exactly that situation again. I'll just have to sit it out.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Stay away because if she is inclined to cheat with you or leave the bf for you then you will always think she might do it to you too. Nevermind the guilt you will feel and you will have guilt. Way too toxic a way to start a relationship.

Oct 25, 2017
I have a buddy who keeps doing shit like this and it literally never, ever works out for him. One time the girl was down to cheat and they had a fling but he caught feelings and she cut him off. Like just don't. Shit

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just talk to her, see where she stands, if she says she's got a boyfriend. Then if she does, get out.
Make your intentions clear. TRUST ME, don't be a creep.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
In such a case the best you can become is a good friend. Never try to seduce a woman who is already in a relationship, it will end poorly.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Seems like people are trying too hard to make "classic" threads lately. This seems like one of those attempts.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I always roll my eyes when people suggest that one should just "go for it". One should always ask, would you want something like this to happen with your partner? Break things up first, then you can fuck around, not behind the unsuspecting partner.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No. My desires don't give me a license to trample on someone else's relationship, especially if it's a happy one.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
lol no fucking way

Too many fish in the sea. Why waste time on one that is spoken for?

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you know she has a BF and go for it anyway, it just means you're desperate and unattractive deep down where it counts.

Don't be such a loser.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The chocolate thing is the cringiest thing I've read on this site in quite some time and this site usually cringe overload. Dude, if you have to go on an internet forum to ask if you should ask out a girl who is already in a relationship; 1) She is clearly out of your league. 2) So is every other girl.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
The chocolate thing is the cringiest thing I've read on this site in quite some time and this site usually cringe overload. Dude, if you have to go on an internet forum to ask if you should ask out a girl who is already in a relationship; 1) She is clearly out of your league. 2) So is every other girl.

This exactly.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Even the ring doesn't stop it in my case. I have had people she worked with, strangers, her friends and friends of her family all flirt with her or confess their feelings.

Some even know me and would comment to my face about how they wouldn't want to mess with me yet at some point my back will be turned and they are trying it.

A lot of men are just desperate, sad wankers who have no concept of boundaries or respect.

I always believe those people are one step from becoming an incel

Oct 25, 2017
Bunch of insecure people in here. The boyfriend doesn't own this woman. Everyone is acting like OP is gonna move in and take advantage of this poor helpless woman. She makes her own decisions and if the offer from someone else is more appealing to her then everything that follows is her choice.

It's disrespectful to both the boyfriend and girlfriend.

And yeah, even if the girlfriend ultimately makes the decision to cheat you're still enabling that. You don't come away smelling like roses.

I've encountered this a few times, in all 3 cases the girl was very flirtatious but I would then learn she had a boyfriend.

In one case I was just mistaking her interest as a friend as something more.

In another she was just flirty with everyone, it was just her personality. She may have used it to take advantage of people from time to time, get help on homework etc... but that was all.

In the third, she actually messaged me and asked why I didn't make a move. When I responded that it was because she had a boyfriend she replied "that hasn't stopped other guys". I later tried to make a move (after she was single) and was rebuffed, she said the fact I wasn't aggressive enough the first time was a turn-off. I dodged a bullet though, she kept getting into new relationships with tough-guy persona types and then complaining that the guy was an asshole.

Eesh yeah that last one was a red flag.