• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, you can cancel sports and concerts. But you wont be able to stop being from grouping up like this.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It says they are getting luggage then through customs so they are local to Illinois. Connections would not get luggage or go through customs.
As I sit in my Chicago apartment, watching my blood pressure rise. Between this and the St. Paddy's Day bars ... god damnit.

Oct 31, 2017
The Government is incompetent, and a large number of the citizenry is delusional (as well as incompetent too). A cocktail for true, legitimate disaster. My god. We are going to see some shit.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Why they keep @ the Donald, he is in no way responsible for this buffoonery.

I'm joking, btw. This is a total shit show

Last edited:

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What a disaster. This is no doubt going to result in an explosion of new infections across the country and wherever else these people are traveling, jesus.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like in 50 to 100 years, people will be watching history documentaries about how we royally fucked up the response to this pandemic. Like it is unbelievable how badly we have fucked this up. I feel like we are on the precipice of this just wildly spiraling out of control.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
It says they are getting luggage then through customs so they are local to Illinois. Connections would not get luggage or go through customs.

Even if every one of these people is local, they are still coming into contact with tons of airport employees and other passengers who are going elsewhere. This is a disaster in the making, without question.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Even if every one of these people is local, they are still coming into contact with tons of airport employees and other passengers who are going elsewhere. This is a disaster in the making, without question.

For sure. This is a petrie dish of travelers from all over the world. The worse case scenario for what is happening.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Thousands of people from all over the world, huddled together for hours in an enclosed space, in the middle of a pandemic. What could go wrong?

May 26, 2018
Yup. This whole period will be a multi-installment documentary of societal FUBARdom. Kids of the future, I hope you have recovered from this, with leaders so much wiser than ours.

Oct 30, 2017
Incorrect. Your checked bags need to be collected and then brought through customs screening regardless of final destination. If you are flying somewhere else you need to go back through TSA security before going to your gate.

Edit: I should hedge. I haven't flown into the states through ORD but that's how it is at every other international airport I've flown in through. Miami, Houston, DFW, JFK.

Last edited:

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
For sure. This is a petrie dish of travelers from all over the world. The worse case scenario for what is happening.

VKNuNAg.gif

VjIL2IE.png

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Incorrect. Your checked bags need to be collected and then brought through customs screening regardless of final destination. If you are flying somewhere else you need to go back through TSA security before going to your gate.

That is not my experience and I flew to London and Tokyo the last year. London was ORD to Philadelphia to London and we didn't collect our bags in PHL or go through TSA again. Tokyo was direct so not the same.

I've never heard of going out to collect baggage for a connection and going through security again but I don't travel much. Seems inefficient.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Uh yes they would, if Chicago is your entry point into the States, then you are required to pick up your luggage and recheck to a domestic carrier.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
k9wpv8n.png

Got to love how the NYT always manage to snap picture of Asian people for these stories.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
That is not my experience and I flew to London and Tokyo the last year. London was ORD to Philadelphia to London and we didn't collect our bags in PHL or go through TSA again. Tokyo was direct so not the same.

I've never heard of going out to collect baggage for a connection and going through security again but I don't travel much. Seems inefficient.
I had to do this when passing through CDG Paris last year on a flight from London to Munich. Stupidly inefficient and the hour plus layover in which we had hoped to get lunch was basically spent waiting in line for security (twice).

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I swear, just looking at these pics makes my immune system escalate to red alert.
This is maddening and unacceptable.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017

No, when you land in the US from an international destination you get your luggage first and go through customs and then on to your connecting flight. Other countries work the way you explain, but not the US. In some cases you can pre-clear US Customs in the country you're leaving from.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ im so tired....

When the news broke about the travel ban I was in Budapest, and all the flights back to US were quintupled in price since airlines saw that everyone wanted to go home. Only way I was able to get a flight for $400 rather than $2000 was to take a 12hr bus to Berlin, wait 11hrs for a flight to Moscow.

Currently waiting there in a 10hr layover, and then 11hr flight to NY. I'm going to have to go thru all this shit when I get there and then leave early morning for a flight to San Antonio.

At this point all this traveling probably increased my potential of catching the virus 10x

Jachaos

Oct 25, 2017
Are these also going to Canada as shown on that map above? Hopefully it's just Chicago local, which means they can enforce heavy measures in Chicago.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder what will happen to travelers who overstay their visas. I'd like to think with how contagious the virus is there'd be some forgiveness on that front.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I came back from Dallas to Chicago O'Hare earlier today and had no idea this was going on..totally different part of the airport.

Anyway that shit is fucked.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I live about an hour and 45 minutes away from OHare and have just spent the last half hour explaining to people on Facebook that these pictures are not "FAKE NEWS"

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My sister got in from Saudi Arabia yesterday. Just in time too as she had to go to London first. She said the same, no screenings whatsoever.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So another reason why me not going home for spring break ended up being a good thing lol. Especially since I probably would've needed to take the bus to O'hare before I could get picked up since I don't have a car