• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
can we not show Paul Joseph Watson's garbage tweets here? please.. i had almost managed to forget who the fuckhead is.

has to be one of the most annoying people on this planet, if you've ever watched even a few seconds of his videos.... ugh. intolerable wanker.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ

Really, dude?
in all honesty as much as it sucks hearing that lame statement, fix your goddamn country first. Also he/she is legit just repeating what every government official will while standing idly by and doing nothing

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I told my co-worker that people that were in the bar were also at theshooting in Las Vegas.

He commented "Well that will get the conspiracy nuts going."

Dammit. He's right.

the conspiracy nuts seem to be the ones doing these shootings, too. so fuck them and whatever they think about anything.

Jul 18, 2018
It pisses me off so much that it still matters to the right if it was a "middle eastern man". WHO GIVES A FUCK? He still easily got weapons in the US. Even if it was a terrorist attack NRA policies make it difficult to prevent those as well!
It helps their immigration agenda which makes no sense considering from the data of actual people doing crimes

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. :(
R.I.P to the innocent victims. Situation is all kinds of fucked up in this country.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious since there is such an overlap between mass shooters and a history of domestic abuse.

This is so far the only thing I can find:

According to Norwegian police statistics, 5,284 cases of domestic violence were reported in 2008. These cases ranged from serious acts of violence such as murder and attempted murder to physical assault.[3] The number of reported cases of domestic violence increased by 500 percent from 2005 to 2011.[4] It is argued that the majority of cases go unrecorded. A 2011 study claimed that one in four women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_in_Norway

There are white males all over Scandinavia yet little to no mass shootings when it comes to mass shootings.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Man this is both heartbreaking and infuriating. Fuck guns and fuck this country. Mass shootings should not be the fucking norm. It's absurd that it is.

Rest in peace to the victims and I hope those with life-threatening injuries pull through.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
White man, had guns legally, mental health issues.... pretty much know how this will turn out. But our President is worried about the "invaders" 600 miles away.

The 2nd Amendment is a mistake.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I thought they said it was a "Middle Eastern looking man"?

ed: PTSD apparently.

Last edited:

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man some of the "white men" comments are a bit uncomfortable.

I know most of you are just making sarcastic statements, but I think if you want to have a discussion about this that includes white male shooters then let's try and make mentioning them meaningful rather than snarky, regardless of any intention to offend.

Want to talk about what demographic is carrying out the worst mass shootings, why that is, how to stop it? Let's do that.

Want to just make a sarcastic comment because of initial reports of a brown guy and other general "everyone else is the danger, not us" sentiments? Let's try not to do that.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
What's your domestic violence rates in Norway?
Not sure if that's what you're trying to do, but we should be very careful when using these rates to make assumptions about a group. Looking at violence against children at home, for example, one could conclude that minorities in Norway are more violent towards children. In reality, we know that the problem here is poverty, most likely.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
2nd time in one year that Thousand Oaks get shot up.
The first time was literally right after they were awarded for being one of the safest cities in America.

Entirely too close to me, incredibly scary stuff.

Forearms

Oct 25, 2017
The gov't did what to who now? Parallel realities existing side by side would explain so much of what's been happening lately.

In most of the US, if not all, it is illegal for civilians to carry firearms into bars and night clubs. It's a common sense law because people do stupid shit when drinking, and guns shouldn't be involved. Ann Coulter has no common sense, so she posts this drivel.

Oct 27, 2017
If he served 5 years, then I'm betting he was an 03 on a Security Force contract. Which is 5 years. From 2008-2013 he probably deployed to both Iraq and/or Afghanistan.

This makes sense. Signal intelligence and language folks get those long enlistments, but I suspect he wasn't a sekret squirrel, but more likely a trigger-puller. Thanks for the context

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
This shit boggle my mind.

Brown guy committing an act of terror? Invade their country, lock down borders, don't allow them in the country, lock kids in cages.

White guy committing act of terror? Thoughts and prayers, this is why more people need to be armed...

Every time this happens I've brought this point up, only to be meet with a barrage of tone-policing - "it's not the right time", etc etc.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...rror_threat_in_this_country_is_white_men.html
latest

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Its not a white person problem. Its an American problem.

There are white guys all over the world and yet America is the only developed country on earth that has this problem.
The thing is, guns aren't something new, they've been a part of our culture forever. But I'm almost 50, we hardly ever, ever had ma's shootings when I was young. And school shootings? Never. It's like the last 15 years it's increased, it's on tv every other day.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Of course not. Im a Norwegian, even a member of the party he attacked.

Thing is, Breivik committed the only mass shooting in 2011 since the 2nd world war and there has been no mass shootings here since 2011.
Norway is great, but I'm curious about what would happen if your demographics suddenly changed and had more people of color living in your country. I'm curious how the white people there would react.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
In most of the US, if not all, it is illegal for civilians to carry firearms into bars and night clubs. It's a common sense law because people do stupid shit when drinking, and guns shouldn't be involved. Ann Coulter has no common sense, so she posts this drivel.
Remember this off duty FBI guy, "good guy with a gun", dancing presumably while drunk at a bar, doing a backflip and dropping his gun then accidentally shooting another person.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/03/us/dancing-fbi-agent-gun-discharge/index.html

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I've become really numb to these mass shootings, but it was awful seeing this on the news. When I read the part about the smoke bombs, I had a feeling it was someone with military training. This definitely sounds like a planned attack.

RIP to the victims.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
OK that makes sense, the way that she framed it was very confusing but I'm sure that was intentional.