Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Ban guns already:(:( Stop denying...Our life is already plagued by unavoidable tragedies, letting guns allowed only adds more.
There's like a million things you could do that aren't even banning guns. Increase funding for mental health programs. Increasing funding for background check systems. Making background checks more stringent.

We'll do none of it.

Deleted member 1698

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
America : "We shouldn't abort fetuses because we are pro life"
Also America : "We can't do anything about all these guns, oh well"

More pointedly.

America: "We can't do anything about guns, there are too many of them already out there"
Also America: "50% of people are women but nope, we will work day and night for 50 fucking years, stacking courts, changing laws, subverting the democratic process to get abortion laws overturned."

Anybody who says it is "too hard" is straight up wrong.

jkanownik

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing left to say after these incidents. People have given up on hope for a meaningful response beyond thoughts and prayers.

"Since 2013, we've closed the background check loophole in 20 states, disarmed domestic abusers in 28 states, passed Red Flag Laws in 15 states. Last year we passed stronger gun laws in 20 states; 9 signed by Republican Govs. We outmaneuvered and outspent the @NRA in the midterms."

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
More pointedly.

America: "We can't do anything about guns, there are too many of them already out there"
Also America: "50% of people are women but nope, we will work day and night for 50 fucking years, stacking courts, changing laws, subverting the democratic process to get abortion laws overturned."

Anybody who says it is "too hard" is straight up wrong.

Absolutely agree.

It is just as much how much effort they are willing to put in that makes it embarrassing. Maximum effort into one thing because it is their "Beliefs", while doing little to nothing about the other. Make sure the child is born so they may grow to die in a hail of bullets.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
It's been normalized , this is what the NRA wanted because now every mass shooting will only be a footnote.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Holy crap! I heard about this as I was leaving the house and it was just "a few injured." Had no idea that there were fatalities.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It is possible to ban guns.

Australia did it after Port Arthur.
New Zealand did it after Christchurch

Neither country "banned" guns, onlycertain types of guns.

I'm not a gun guy and if guns were banned it wouldn't bother me, but no other county in the world that allows guns has problems the magnitude of those in the USA. Banning guns is an answer, but not a viable one. You're better off banning classes of guns, forcing background checks and training, just like every other civilized country in the world.

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling in a sensitive thread. Accumulated infractions.
Sad story

Sorry, you're not taking my gun away to defend my home

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
^ smh, no one is talking about your handgun/shotgun dude.

Fuck, just seeing this now. Horrible. RIP to the victims and so sad that it's just another day/week/month in America.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Sending thoughts and prayers to protect your previous killing devices that have more importance than human life.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sending thoughts and prayers to protect your previous killing devices that have more importance than human life.

Yup. If you look at the responses by Virginian Republicans it is without a single hint of irony or self awareness "This is awful. Thoughts and prayers."

These fuckin bastards.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Been out for the evening but I just saw this, lived in VA Beach for quite a bit of the time I was stationed out there in Norfolk, crazy to hear. This brought down my good night.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Pro-life: Don't abort. You're killing people.
Also pro-life: Can't do anything about guns, even if they keep killing people.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Had no idea a shooting even happened until I went to YouTube and saw some headline videos about it. We're so conditioned to shootings due to the huge number of them that I didn't so much as flinch when reading, as shitty as that is. It's more like, "another shooting, won't be long until the next one I bet." it's sad, RIP to the victims and their families. May they get the counseling they need to process their grief.

Feb 1, 2018
Sad story

If somebody actually invaded your house you'd be too nervous and clogged with adrenaline to find your gun, load it, and aim properly in that 5-10 second window before they shoot you first or just drive off with whatever they stole. And then even IF you shoot them, depending on your state you'll be in a long court case to prove it was self defense, or at the very least deal with their family suing the shit out of you

The tough guy armed hero myth isn't based in reality, it's literally NRA marketing that you fell for

Last edited:

Hulohot

Banned
Jan 1, 2019
Bloody hell. R.I.P to all the victims. America truly is the worst first world country on earth.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Sad story

I see justice has already been dispensed, but hopefully you do get to see this. I am both shocked and disappointed at how inappropriate and self-centered your post was after an actual tragedy. Another tragedy in a list too long and too full of them already. You've been around long enough to know better and yet all you can think of to offer to this conversation -- while the bodies are barely cold no less -- is how someone can't take your gun. How you refuse to be affected.

I'd like to think you can do better, but the fact that you had the audacity to make such a callous comment -- and as your only comment and for all here to see -- suggests otherwise.

You, sir, are a coward. Small and petty.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What's sad I that this incident isn't even trending on social media anymore. I mean I guess it could be that it's Friday and not every knows about it yet, but there seems to almost no attention being paid to it.

Have we really gotten that used to this shit?

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea a shooting even happened until I went to YouTube and saw some headline videos about it. We're so conditioned to shootings due to the huge number of them that I didn't so much as flinch when reading, as shitty as that is. It's more like, "another shooting, won't be long until the next one I bet." it's sad, RIP to the victims and their families. May they get the counseling they need to process their grief.
They are basically RTAs at this point. Equally devastating, almost as common. RIP to the victims. Please wise up America, stop kowtowing to the fucking NRA.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got home and learned that my mom's friend's sister's husband worked in the area that got shot up. He called in sick today, and now his co-workers are dead.

Fuck everything.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
It'll be the same old blah blah knives blah blah cars blah blah mental health, it's about time the people in charge of the country start thinking about the people who are affected physically, mentally and emotionally by these incidents and not be thinking about the people affected financially by making changes.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
In America, it's not if, it's when will your life be affected by gun violence?

The government refuses to act because it's filled with greedy psychopaths, and the amount of guns already out "in the wild", legal or not, is insane. As I always say, it's an infestation. You can't escape it.

Untogether

Oct 29, 2017
They are basically RTAs at this point. Equally devastating, almost as common. RIP to the victims. Please wise up America, stop kowtowing to the fucking NRA.

In 2017 there were more deaths by firearms in the USA (39,773 Source: CDC) than were killed in Road Traffic Accidents (37,133 Source: National Traffic Highway Safety Administration).

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
If somebody actually invaded your house you'd be too nervous and clogged with adrenaline to find your gun, load it, and aim properly in that 5-10 second window before they shoot you first or just drive off with whatever they stole. And then even IF you shoot them, depending on your state you'll be in a long court case to prove it was self defense, or at the very least deal with their family suing the shit out of you

The tough guy armed hero myth isn't based in reality, it's literally NRA marketing that you fell for

THIS!

Your gun is locked the fuck up in a safe. Dudes rush in, you got no time, you're fucked anyway.

Either that, or you are not a responsible gun owner as you, no doubt, claim in denial of statistics and facts.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sad story

When you care more about your guns than human lives. This is America.
childish-gambino-gun-lyrics.gif

Nov 21, 2017
This is very sad for two reasons: lives were both lost and traumatized. One death is too many, 12 is a tragedy. The second reason is the collective hopelessness we are experiencing. We have seen this too many times. We know how media will respond to a tee. We know nothing will change, or prevent a future attack. I am more depressed than shocked.

What is left of my heart goes to the victims - to all who were there when it happened.