• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
160616144404-gfx-country-shootings-june-2016-super-169.jpg
WTF, terrorism is a huge problem. People NEED better protection, and one of the causes is clear as day. Weapons should be banned.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
I wouldn't watch the video. I'll be hearing those screams for a long time.

Don't know what to say. Nowhere is safe.

rokninja

Oct 27, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Not watching the video. Nope.

I don't even know what to say anymore, starting to legit be numb to it. Getting mentally prepared for the media pattern to repeat, and all the empty "thoughts and prayers" tweets so some MAGA-hat wearing assholes and politicians can feel good about themselves.

I wonder when America will wake the fuck up when it comes to gun violence... just fucking awful.

For us as a country to wake up, we as a country would have to care more about our lives and those of our fellow human beings than metal contraptions designed with the sole purpose of ending those lives.

When nothing happened after Sandy Hook to curb gun violence, America stated loud and fucking clear what it cares about most: guns and money, even over the lives of children. CHILDREN.

We're fucked, this going to get worse, because there really is no bottom.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
"It is not the right time to talk about this right now"
IT IS NEVER THEN RIGHT TIME YADA YADA

Guys like him are croocked and rather take their pribilege and money while others DIE out there for no reason at all.
Fuck this attitude
The man fought for his country and was a pow. Show some damn respect and stop being immature.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Considering how often gaming tournaments are held, in large open environments with lots of people. I'm surprised it took this long for something like this to happen.

RIP to those lost.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
My God. What an absolutely horrifying video.

Just more senseless violence, and now the video gaming community has been targeted. RIP to the fatalities. Hopefully the wounded survive this tragedy.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
After a brief conversation among the team, we've determined this thread and topic goes above and beyond the scope of gaming. For that reason, we're temp locking this thread and redirecting the thread to EtcetEra.

Additionally, d
o not derail this thread with conversations about John McCain. Posts that invoke John McCain will be treated as derailment, and they will be actioned accordingly.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course its political. This whole thing happened because of an organization too big that strong arms others while paying those congressmen with loads of money.

But people just died. My first thought isn't to immediately wag my finger at others. I want to go help. I want to go mourn with those. Tomorrow I will have the ability to show the world just how evil the NRA and others are. Right now? My thoughts are to try and help out somehow.
It's the only realistic way you can help.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Ridiculous. Just saw this in my local news as well, they only talked about it for 30 seconds. That's the normalization of mass shooting right there when the airtime is 30 seconds for a mass shooting...

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Seems strange not to also have a gaming side thread, given how many gaming side people don't come to ETC, and given that it's a safety issue for people on the gaming side.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You had two police officers shot in May.

You had a jesus museum shot up in 2014.

Your country had way more lax gun control until 2006 and way less of a population than us.
It happens everywhere. Stop being a dick
I wonder who's being a dick, the person who points out gun problems in America right after a mass shooting or the person who tries to downplay America's problems of mass shootings by scraping at the bottom of the barrel of other countries, also right after a mass shooting.
Wake me up when something like Vegas happens elsewhere. I'll sleep a long time then.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell. If that really is a laserpointer in the video the shooter was specifically targeting the players. Might have even hoped that it would be recorded.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
That video is the stuff of nightmares.

Breaks my heart to see that. It was just a bunch of people who wanted to get together, have fun and play a videogame.

RIP to the victims. Can't imagine the pain their friends and family are going through.

Francois Dillinger

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2018
That's insanely scary. I actually can't believe you can see the red dot on him before the shooting. The clip is just weird in a bad way.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're never truly safe. Politically, no one ever cares. Not about children, not about this.

It's hopeless. Spaces where we can get security, should get it. Everyone else is just fucked.

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
Is there security at events like this?
Not really, one dude was legit asking another to throw a fair one outside, these dudes were ready to throw hands over a game of Madden, and they weren't even playing each other. Little to no security.

Reading that it was another member of the community, think the black kid in the video is dead (Trueboy). Sad as fuck, fuck this game and the community.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Was just at the overwatch league final a few weeks ago. This is too close to home fucking hell. I want to take my daughter to these types of events and not have to worry about shit like this :(.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if related but it seems like things go heated yesterday at the end of the stream, wouldn't be the first time that people rage and fight in a tournament though.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Got sick to my stomach watching that video.
It's just terrible, this is unsafe days for everyone.

Praying for the victims dead and alive.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The non avatar poster said shootings dont happen in the Western world.
His country, with strict gun laws, had one 3 months ago, labeled a terrorist attack.

But hey, keep piling on the US and how shootings dont occur anywhere else.

Again, ban all guns
Great argument. Really...

e30aae47946f74f60335a3d2f53a2341.png

But keep being ignorant

The man fought for his country and was a pow. Show some damn respect and stop being immature.
He doesn't deserve my respect for what he did to his fellow citizens.
Adn yes it's the right time to talk about shit like this, becasue he wasn't the only one getting money from that terror organization

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Ridiculous. Just saw this in my local news as well, they only talked about it for 30 seconds. That's the normalization of mass shooting right there when the airtime is 30 seconds for a mass shooting...
To be fair it is still a breaking news story. I'm surprised a local station would have anything right now.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND

Your country had way more lax gun control until 2006 and way less of a population than us.
In Germany roughly 50 people die by guns a year. Police killing people is also single digits.

In America, you approach ~40k.

Germany population is 80m, open borders. U.S is 325m, no open borders.

You don't need raw stats. Look at per capita, the U.S is shameful, 11.96 per 100k and Germany is 1.01.

You have a mass shooting almost every day of the year, it's so fucking common they don't even make the news and people think little of, that's how fucking common it is in your country.

Wake up.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
The screams in that video are horrific to hear. RIP to the people that have been murdered. I hope a day comes in my lifetime where mass shootings are not the norm in America

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

My country isn't nearly as fucked up as the shithole that America is about gun control and terrorism attack, thanks. Keep those dumb comparisons to yourself and try to use that energy to work out about what is wrong with your country.

replicantUK

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Sitting, enjoying a videogame and this happens. Terrible.

The story will develop further, but I wonder if this is completely random, or if the player with the laser sight aimed at him was specifically targeted. No matter what a terrible series of events.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I live in Jax. Welp I'm glad every place and even grocery stores deliver now because my anxiety issues and leaving the house aren't going to get better. Fuck guns. We have shootings here all the time but now we are in the mass shooting club.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Are some of you really trying to politicize this now?! Less than an hour after this happened? And some are going "well uh other countries have gun deaths too you know!". Get out of here with that nonsense!

There's a shooting every day in this country, so this is easy shit for you guys to just always say it's not the time to talk about it.

Get out of here with this bullshit.