• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the man isn't even cold in the ground yet and already with this shit.

Idiots who leapfrog onto tragedies to push their agenda are the worst.
"It is not the right time to talk about this right now"
IT IS NEVER THEN RIGHT TIME YADA YADA

Guys like him are croocked and rather take their pribilege and money while others DIE out there for no reason at all.
Fuck this attitude

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Yup. Sandy Hook was basically it. No one did shit about guns then, so no one will ever do shit about guns here. The issue is dead. People want their guns and don't care who dies in this country.

I'm not shocked, and scarily enough, I'm sort of inured to this news. Like, yeah, it is terrible, and I'm sorry that people were hurt or killed, but I feel like...oh, another public shooting, it's been a few months since the last one, yep, that happened again.

Pretty scary how normalized these things are.
Yeah. I live in Oregon and Sandy Hook was devastating. It was my "This is it. It has to be. Something is going to change" and nothing ever happened.

It's never going to stop. If it weren't for the gaming relation, I'd have seen this headline, sighed, and scrolled past it. I get that we aren't supposed to be desensitized to this. "Get angry!" and all that, but I just don't have it in me anymore.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't see it changing in our lifetimes. I'll never say never because changes that were never expected happened before, but even if we had a president in place who wanted to either ban guns or enact a major restriction on them and had congress on board, I think there's no way gun owners would give them up and I could easily see a civil war breaking out over them. People are fucking hardcore for their guns, some would rather give up their own damn kids before they gave up their guns.

That type of ingrained nature takes centuries to work its way out of the populous.
If peace in Ireland can happen then we can change this.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are some of you really trying to politicize this now?! Less than an hour after this happened? And some are going "well uh other countries have gun deaths too you know!". Get out of here with that nonsense!

Oh, sorry.
Thoughts and prayers.
Better?

But seriously, if we waited for a time without shootings to talk about shootings then we'd be waiting forever.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
User Banned (1 week): false equivalence in a sensitive thread, history of infractions
Look in a mirror after you used google to look up some statistics and say these four words loud to yourself
The non avatar poster said shootings dont happen in the Western world.
His country, with strict gun laws, had one 3 months ago, labeled a terrorist attack.

But hey, keep piling on the US and how shootings dont occur anywhere else.

Again, ban all guns

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it we caught the illegal immigrant that killed that lady, so why are people still getting killed?

Oh yeah, thoughts and prayers.

Deleted member 15933

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You had two police officers shot in May.

You had a jesus museum shot up in 2014.

Your country had way more lax gun control until 2006 and way less of a population than us.
It happens everywhere. Stop being a dick
Now you are just being ignorant.

He's even from f*cking Chicago which has easily a higher rate of gun violence than the entire nation of Belgium. And yes, Belgium is also quite densely populated and Brussels is a violent city by European standards.
You've got a problem America, face it!

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it fucking is. The gun nuts' favorite line of defense it's "it's currently not the time to talk gun control, the victims bodies' are not even cold".

Fuck everything. Just pretend it's in response to LAST mass shooting.

I was talking about McCain not guns. Christ.

Im all for gun control. Just felt there was no point for that pointless snipe.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
No, it's fucking not when people may have actually died. Have a bit of respect.
Yes it is, when this is fresh in everyone's mind is the right time to talk about it. There are shootings literally everyday and people dying everyday, if we followed your line of reasoning, we would never talk about gun violence or how money from the NRA has prevented any common sense gun laws.

Last edited:

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I think we better prepare for the possibility that the black dude with the laser trained on him is one of the dead

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Americas fetish of guns and gun culture will ensure this will only continue

And I'm honestly for some recreational gun ownership not an outright ban. But the country takes absolutely zero steps to make obtaining firearms more difficult.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
You had two police officers shot in May.

You had a jesus museum shot up in 2014.

Your country had way more lax gun control until 2006 and way less of a population than us.
It happens everywhere. Stop being a dick
This is less than what happens on any given day in the US before 10 am

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
That video is absolutely horrible, don't watch it.

Those poor kids :( I feel sick to my stomach. I hope the kid with the laser pointed on him is ok.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Terrible, really wish things like this didn't happen. People go to event, having some fun and a time of their lives, then some crazy person comes and shoot up the place. Can't even imagine what it's like to be in that predicament. Thoughts and prayers to the people who are injured and to the families of the victims who lost their lives.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long before republicans start blaming video games for this.
They'll have more trouble doing it since it wasn't a Call of Duty tournament or some other shooty shooty bang bang game. It was a game about America's favorite sport! Not even FIFA so Fox News could pin it on filthy immigrants and their boring European sport "no one likes here anyway".

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yes, politicize the hell out of it, because it is innately political. If I'm ever killed or seriously injured via an act of gun violence, yes, I want as many people as possible to please politicize my death to the most extreme extent possible. Almost all of this shit is preventable.
Of course its political. This whole thing happened because of an organization too big that strong arms others while paying those congressmen with loads of money.

But people just died. My first thought isn't to immediately wag my finger at others. I want to go help. I want to go mourn with those. Tomorrow I will have the ability to show the world just how evil the NRA and others are. Right now? My thoughts are to try and help out somehow.