• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
America is a terrible country in regards of it's violence, gun control, mass shootings, and many other things not related to this news, anyone who tries to say otherwise is delusional, rip to the victims but not to the perpetrator, FUCK HIM.

I hope something like this will never happen again but in a country like America we will never know for sure.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why are you all quoting an obvious troll instead of just reporting the post it just shits up the thread even more for everyone to quote and give their 'wtf' take.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
No need to dogpile, given his post history I feel it's safe to assume it's another burner account that's gonna be banned with this post anyway.

Man, what an all around tragic proof of hopelessly useless law decisions in the US. Do me a favor and hit the streets more, guys. I don't mean this as an insult or mockery, but internet rage won't help here. Demonstrate. Mobilize the masses.

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know the answer to gun violence, I wish I did. But stopping people from legally owning them isn't going to stop people getting them, especially in a country the size of the USA and especially considering just how many legal guns already exist in the first place not to mention god knows how many illegal firearms already in the pool. We can't just expect all legal gun owners to willingly hand over their guns, and then what do you do? Go after them all with force? Either way it misses the real issue and that seems to be in most cases the mental state of the shooter and the lack of medical help that is available to them. But even then, people can just flip like a switch with no prior warning signs. Basically if someones out to kill someone they will always find a way.

I live in the UK and we haven't had easy access to guns for nearly 100 years. But we still managed to have a School massacre, and there are gun deaths regularly in the UK, not as often as the US but look at the size of the population difference and how few guns there are here to begin with. Banning gun ownership just meant the bad guys got to keep them whilst we were left defenceless, you really don't want to end up like the UK in that regard.

If gun ownership was banned in the US it would likely take 100 years or more to get to the point we're at in the UK, and you still won't have totally eliminated.

You should cherish the 2A and the Bill of Rights, certainly not want to erode them. That's what happened to us and living in the UK feels more Orwellian by the day. The people have no power to oppose a tyrannical government, the population has been disarmed all the while the civil police force has been armed more and more each year be it firearms and Tasers. Politicians love to use tragedies to push their agenda which I think is a disgrace. Innocent people have died today and their lives shouldn't be used as a plaything in a tug of war over political issues.

We have to learn from history, not make the same mistakes, giving up more and more of our civil liberties will only end one way. I look to America as the last bastion of hope in this world, especially as a citizen of a country that arrests and imprisons people for speaking their mind.

I know others have already responded, but, man. What a stupid, stupid post. I hope you're just a bot.

Oct 25, 2017
You are not doing the discrepancy justice:

In a population of 56 million, that adds up to about 50 to 60 gun killings annually. In the USA, by contrast, there are about 160 times as many gun homicides in a country that is roughly six times larger in population. There were 8,124 gun homicides in 2014, according to the latest FBI figures.

I have a feeling they're trying to do the discrepancy an injustice because it's convenient for their narrative.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Always someone posting something like this. It's very disappointing to see. I'd love to know the thought process behind posts like this.

Here is the thought process....

1. What can I post to get the most quotes?
2. Got it.
3. Log into their 15 post burner account.
4. Post.
5. Watch all the quotes and outrage flow while they laugh.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
To be honest, going out of your way to defend the 2nd amendment the SAME DAY of a mass shooting should be a bannable offense.

It's beyond disgusting.

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
This is a completely unrealistic take to have imo
How? There are already conferences hosted in other countries. Canada isn't that far away relative to most places in the U.S. If people get upset about the location of the event, the organizers can tell them they should be more upset about the reason for the change, and that attendees should do something rather than just keep digging their heads in the sand saying "Keep politics out of muh vidyagames!"

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jesus, people, stop quoting the guy who said he hates EA. Obviously posted to get a response and all you dudes are giving him the attention he wants by saying the same thing over and over again.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Here is the thought process....

1. What can I post to get the most quotes?
2. Got it.
3. Log into their 15 post burner account.
4. Post.
5. Watch all the quotes and outrage flow while they laugh.
I assume (or hope) that the site has the ability to just ban ppl like this through multiple accounts? I'm all for temp bans usually but someone like this doesn't deserve to post here... ever again.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Con is next week. Each year it's getting subsequently more nerve racking to go, considering it's such a mass gathering of people and someone would have no problem sneaking a gun into it at all. I wish I didn't feel this way, cause that means these people win, but I'm starting to.

What a horrible way to feel in your country.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is so painfully fucking disingenuous. We both know per capita statistics exist.
_85876097_homicides_guns_624_v3.png

wow... :/

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
Why do guys allow yourself to be easily trolled by someone who enjoys watching your reactions?

That video was nuts, though. Feel like this is only gonna get worse before it gets better

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How? There are already conferences hosted in other countries. Canada isn't that far away relative to most places in the U.S. If people get upset about the location of the event, the organizers can tell them they should be more upset about the reason for the change, and that attendees should do something rather than just keep digging their heads in the sand saying "Keep politics out of muh vidyagames!"
No if it was a huge coordinator then Th at wo7ld be fine but from what little I know about evo the head staff running it is pretty small no?

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck. I was afraid of this shit happening at a gaming event eventually. There was a couple of threats in the fgc but nothing happened. Don't know the Madden community so don't know if they've had threats before. Not much these tournaments can do about security since many are ran by volunteers from the community. Only bigger events have security. Don't think there are metal detectors so it would likely do no good either.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, because he clearly does not give a shit about anyone but himself and his own country which reeks of shitty NIMBYism, along with being completely ignorant about what the youth are actually trying to do, all so he can be a smug dick about it and throw stones from his high tower.
While the comment about the youth is a little bit cynical and ignorant, you do realize he's absolutely right about gun culture and prevalence bleeding into Canada, right? For a while now, there's been issues regarding guns being smuggled across the border, and even the recent Danforth shooter sourced his gun from the United States. I'm not gonna shit on the entirety of the U.S., of course, but I just needed put some perspective on why a lot of Canadians feel strongly about this issue.

StickeeFingaz

Oct 25, 2017
So fucking tired of this shit. I feel so much pain for the victims and their families, I can't even imagine. The issue is access to guns and mental health. Mental health is the more complex issue; gun control is something that can be changed by voting pro-NRA assholes out of office. Take this passion and anger to the voting booth in November, we can do this.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
People go play in a Esports event that is streamed on Twitch, get shot and killed. Like WTF

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I assume (or hope) that the site has the ability to just ban ppl like this through multiple accounts? I'm all for temp bans usually but someone like this doesn't deserve to post here... ever again.
Did my part and reported the post. It sucks that the objective of this troll was a success though since so many people quote it to give their outraged take. I agree people that do shit like that 'for the lulz' don't deserve to have a single account here let alone 3 or 4.