• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I do not agree with him at all neither but it's still his opinion and it didnt break any kind of rules or something. Not sure what there is to report tbh
For example his lies about the UK being some kind of horrific place because of less guns?
there are gun deaths regularly in the UK, not as often as the US but look at the size of the population difference and how few guns there are here to begin with. Banning gun ownership just meant the bad guys got to keep them whilst we were left defenceless, you really don't want to end up like the UK in that regard.
The people have no power to oppose a tyrannical government, the population has been disarmed all the while the civil police force has been armed more and more each year be it firearms and Tasers.

This disingenuous drivel is horrific, especially in the context of this topic.
I mean, one look at statistics shows he's full of shit:
This is so painfully fucking disingenuous. We both know per capita statistics exist.
_85876097_homicides_guns_624_v3.png

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I get the sentiment, but this would have no effect on the number of mass shootings, therefore pointless not to mention unrealistic and impossible.

Despite the well-meaning intent, this is not realistic.

It is a news story. If the shooting is in the news, the identity of the shooter can't be ignored. Especially not in 2018, where it will be all over the Internet anyway.

After the Parkland shooting, this segment was brought to my attention and ever since then I agree with the sentiment completely:

The guy got what he wanted. Like, he called it and the stupid media fed right into it with...

I understand that this would never happen, because of peoples vulture- and predator-like nature, in which they have to know every little detail, even if it comes at the cost of the victims and their families. Whenever these stories errupt, it always feels like people have no comon sense or empathy. Really just makes me sad.

Sweeping things under the rug isn't the best solution

That's not even close to what the tweet (or I) was saying. The news would be still covered, but in a way were it doesn't come as almost glorifying the perpetrator. You should also check out the video segment that I linked above.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
For being a fucking insensitive idiot stanning for guns after a bunch of innocent people were just gunned down.
He's an idiot to regurgitate lies without fact checking, but he wasn't being facetious about it. He's just the type of person who was probably gullible enough to vote for Brexit on the grounds that immigrants steal all our jobs and are bad for the economy. Call him out and hopefully he'll learn to fact check, not just believe arrogant politicians.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, but 5 years after Sandy Hook, can we really get defensive about how others give us shit about this issue.
Yes, because he clearly does not give a shit about anyone but himself and his own country which reeks of shitty NIMBYism, along with being completely ignorant about what the youth are actually trying to do, all so he can be a smug dick about it and throw stones from his high tower.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I live in the UK and we haven't had easy access to guns for nearly 100 years. But we still managed to have a School massacre, and there are gun deaths regularly in the UK, not as often as the US but look at the size of the population difference and how few guns there are here to begin with. Banning gun ownership just meant the bad guys got to keep them whilst we were left defenceless, you really don't want to end up like the UK in that regard.

If gun ownership was banned in the US it would likely take 100 years or more to get to the point we're at in the UK, and you still won't have totally eliminated.

You should cherish the 2A and the Bill of Rights, certainly not want to erode them. That's what happened to us and living in the UK feels more Orwellian by the day. The people have no power to oppose a tyrannical government, the population has been disarmed all the while the civil police force has been armed more and more each year be it firearms and Tasers. Politicians love to use tragedies to push their agenda which I think is a disgrace. Innocent people have died today and their lives shouldn't be used as a plaything in a tug of war over political issues.

We have to learn from history, not make the same mistakes, giving up more and more of our civil liberties will only end one way. I look to America as the last bastion of hope in this world, especially as a citizen of a country that arrests and imprisons people for speaking their mind.

God damn this idiocy. We had legal handguns up until the shooting you're talking about took place you daft twat.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That video (especially the audio) will be permanently burnt into my brain for the rest of my life.

Nowhere in American is safe until we take the weapons away. For the love of fucking God above, take the weapons away.
I don't know the answer to gun violence, I wish I did. But stopping people from legally owning them isn't going to stop people getting them, especially in a country the size of the USA and especially considering just how many legal guns already exist in the first place not to mention god knows how many illegal firearms already in the pool. We can't just expect all legal gun owners to willingly hand over their guns, and then what do you do? Go after them all with force? Either way it misses the real issue and that seems to be in most cases the mental state of the shooter and the lack of medical help that is available to them. But even then, people can just flip like a switch with no prior warning signs. Basically if someones out to kill someone they will always find a way.

I live in the UK and we haven't had easy access to guns for nearly 100 years. But we still managed to have a School massacre, and there are gun deaths regularly in the UK, not as often as the US but look at the size of the population difference and how few guns there are here to begin with. Banning gun ownership just meant the bad guys got to keep them whilst we were left defenceless, you really don't want to end up like the UK in that regard.

If gun ownership was banned in the US it would likely take 100 years or more to get to the point we're at in the UK, and you still won't have totally eliminated.

You should cherish the 2A and the Bill of Rights, certainly not want to erode them. That's what happened to us and living in the UK feels more Orwellian by the day. The people have no power to oppose a tyrannical government, the population has been disarmed all the while the civil police force has been armed more and more each year be it firearms and Tasers. Politicians love to use tragedies to push their agenda which I think is a disgrace. Innocent people have died today and their lives shouldn't be used as a plaything in a tug of war over political issues.

We have to learn from history, not make the same mistakes, giving up more and more of our civil liberties will only end one way. I look to America as the last bastion of hope in this world, especially as a citizen of a country that arrests and imprisons people for speaking their mind.
Plenty of people have told you off already so I know this may seem like a dogpile at this point but this is some serious fucking bullshit you're spewing whether it's intentional or not. The time to talk about gun reform IS NOW and it IS the only way to stop this from happening as often as it has been.

Reported this post too.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit just saw the video. Chilling. I hope I live to see a day where gun laws are way more strict. I dont think anyone should have guns. If you want to shoot go to a shooting range and check one out. That is a pipe dream but just anything will be better than the way it is now.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, because he clearly does not give a shit about anyone but himself and his own country which reeks of shitty NIMBYism, along with being completely ignorant about what the youth are actually trying to do, all so he can be a smug dick about it and throw stones from his high tower.
You're projecting a lot of that, but have that same energy when this things happens 5 more times between now and Christmas.

See ... this is something worth getting mad at as far as comments here.

Just another reason to hate EA.

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
You do realize Joey is not the one to be yelling at right? he's the Tournament Organizer and head of the Evolution Fighting game tournament... the biggest tournament of fighting games that takes place every year.

He's talking about securing his event so the literal HUNDREDS of thousand of people he's responsible for are safe.
Maybe he should host it in a country that doesn't have mass shootings on a weekly basis? Maybe that would make a statement about how it takes longer to get a passport than a gun in the U.S.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
California reminds me.

How do States rights play into gun control?

Like weed is illegal on the federal level, right? So it is illegal to buy weed in California, but they just ignore the law? Can they do it with gun control? Ban it on a state level?
Supreme court explicitly lets them put conditions on the sale of guns, ban felons and mentally ill people from having them, and ban guns from sensitive places like schools.

I don't think supreme court has thus far given opinion on things like assault rifle or bump stock bans. And I don't know if Kennedy's retirement will change that.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I am so fucking pissed off right now. I get more pissed every fucking time this happens and when I see people STILL FUCKING DEFENDING 2A, it drives me up a fucking wall.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know the answer to gun violence, I wish I did. But stopping people from legally owning them isn't going to stop people getting them, especially in a country the size of the USA and especially considering just how many legal guns already exist in the first place not to mention god knows how many illegal firearms already in the pool. We can't just expect all legal gun owners to willingly hand over their guns, and then what do you do? Go after them all with force? Either way it misses the real issue and that seems to be in most cases the mental state of the shooter and the lack of medical help that is available to them. But even then, people can just flip like a switch with no prior warning signs. Basically if someones out to kill someone they will always find a way.

You've got to be kidding me.....

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is the most ignorant, delusional and free-of-fact shit that I have ever read on this forum.

No disrespect. Well actually, much disrespect.

Go educate yourself, boy.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Sure.

Don't want that shit here either way.
It depends if he's willing to start fact checking and be open to legit information. If he doubles down, then that's a problem. If he can learn to start thinking about the things arrogant politicians say rather than believing them without question, that'd be great. So it's definitely fine to call him out on his bullshit.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
God damn this idiocy. We had legal handguns up until the shooting you're talking about took place you daft twat.
We still have legal handguns in NI, just we have strict gun control which makes it hard for those who don't have a reason for them to have them (I think you can still get them in the rest of the UK just the list of reasons are a lot smaller). Also, strict laws on how you keep guns requiring you to be a responsible gun owner. And no mass shootings from them unlike America

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Politicians love to use tragedies to push their agenda which I think is a disgrace. Innocent people have died today and their lives shouldn't be used as a plaything in a tug of war over political issues.

This kind of thing is only repeated by useful idiots and cynical bastards. Doing nothing in response to a major event is a political choice. When you try and quash discussion about gun controls in the aftermath of yet another mass shooting and mass murder by using false concern for those affected, you are being just as political as those who are trying to use this tragedy to prompt the gun controls which would reduce the chance of such tragedies being repeated.

So which are you? A useful idiot or a cynical bastard?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It depends if he's willing to start fact checking and be open to legit information. If he doubles down, then that's a problem. If he can learn to start thinking about the things arrogant politicians say rather than believing them without question, that'd be great. So it's definitely fine to call him out on his bullshit.
I'd be a little more understanding if it wasn't just hours from a mass shooting occurring.