Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I haven't dismissed this game like many people. I think it looks pretty fun for what it is. I'm not over the moon with anticipation, but it looks like something I'll definitely try out assuming it has a good single player experience!

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is no problem with the game in particular, but fuck gold skins, they're the lamest unlockable/DLC/preorder bonus a game can have.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still with these faces, I can't. Gunning hard to take the crown from MvCI.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
holy SHIT Marvel really committed to making her the next Peter Parker for generations to come

i remember reading that line in the comics for the first time and knowing it would be widely known one day

"am i a good person?"
"good isn't a thing you are, it is a thing you do"

😭😭

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to do better than the last Deus Ex and Tomb Raider titles combined.

I don't doubt that, neither of those are anywhere near as big a property as this. I more mean that I don't think it will come close to meeting Square Enix's expectations and won't have a great critical reception.

Bland looking combat, bland character design, weird lack of footage shown so far, unrelated to MCU (I think that's a good choice but idk if "the market" does), close release to cyberpunk....

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I want to get excited for this but they just keep showing the same shit over and over. Holy shit, stop showing the San Francisco stuff.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Crystal Dynamics always feels like they miss their marks by a mile. Like they feel like a solid AAA studio in terms of tech, but they are missing a few key talents that would realize their abilities of what they could be capable of as a team.

I just feel no energy from this game and it lacks inspired design.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The combat makes it look like a low budget effort even though it is probably one of the most expensive games of the year

Its weird...

It's REALLY weird. Like I'm really not sure who the game is even for. The argument for its existence seems to just be AAA MARVEL OMG, but unlike something like Spidey where the hook is INSTANTLY visible this one's gameplay footage just looks sluggish, janky and boring.

It's going to sell well because as I said it is AAA Marvel but it really doesn't strike me as a game that's going to generate a lot of LOVE the way the Arkham games and Spidey PS4 do.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
So is there nothing actually exclusive to the ps4? They were touting this when it was first announced. But seems its just that the beta comes to ps4 first?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Im pretty excited for this game just due to the IP. But I understand a lot of people's trepidations. Emotes and skins and augments and all that gaas stuff...

But as long as I can play it without an internet connection then I'm cool. I hate multiplayer and other people.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
The cover art is horrendous. I literally couldn't think of a more bland way to portray the game haha.

still getting it though. Enjoyed my playthrough enough.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we getting achieves like....just shy of 7 months out, lol. I suppose some of this was set up before the delay to September, but....kinda odd.

The combat continues to look.........kinda slow, and I'm not sure how this is supposed to work in a 4 player format - like....can Iron Man fly around? Are his 'flying' sections separate from, say, a 'Hulk Smash' level where you can go nuts?

Need more info, but CD hasn't really been forthcoming.

Also, pre-ordering for 'Black Widow's signature black suit' is....lol.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I assume everything post that is spoilers. We know Hank Pym is their tech guy and Kamala reunites them plus Cap isn't dead.

Yeah, we'll no doubt get a big blowout at E3 so I'm hoping they show something more exciting. Just don't think they're doing a good job of selling the game as of yet.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this will still sell pretty well just off of the IP alone, but I have doubts on critical reception and longevity. Hopefully the gameplay loop is solid and it blows me away.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Ms. Marvel looks so off to me after playing a ton of MUA3.
I'm so jealous for Switch owners because that game is a hoot when I play it, wish the DLC roster was better though.

Yeah, we'll no doubt get a big blowout at E3 so I'm hoping they show something more exciting. Just don't think they're doing a good job of selling the game as of yet.
Yeah, we'll get another big blowout in LA come June but this is one big wait and see still. We'll likely see DLC news post then. i get this nagging feeling this is gonna be another GaaS that kinda withers away. Especially as the next gen looms.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
I think this has potential to be a lot of fun, it's just the presentation and way everything looks is so off-putting.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They dont look bad, they actually look fine. The problem is most of the outfits are 1;1 of the MCU designs, so when you see a different face with that, it looks wrong. Kamala does not have a MCU counterpart (yet), so you dont get that disconnect with her.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks cool, I'm still really excited for it. Never got the complaints about the faces.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I know they said they tried to swerve away from the MCU but the characters look like budgetCU

Oct 25, 2017
They don't look bad to me at all. The gameplay does look sluggish.

Is this supposed to be like Destiny? Is it a loot based game?

Nov 13, 2017
Anytime I see a screenshot from this game:

41IJwL4COPL._AC_SX355_.jpg

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Achievement list for Xbox is already released also

www.trueachievements.com

Marvel's Avengers Achievement List Revealed

Despite the game not releasing until September, we have just picked up the achievement list for Marvel's Avengers. There are 50 achievements worth a total of 1,000 Gamerscore, 15 of which are secret.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Wait people still think these characters look ugly? Because this seems like a big improvement over their first showing.

Anyways this looks fun but I'm a little bit cautious until we get some meaty previews closer to launch.

Oct 25, 2017
It's REALLY weird. Like I'm really not sure who the game is even for. The argument for its existence seems to just be AAA MARVEL OMG, but unlike something like Spidey where the hook is INSTANTLY visible this one's gameplay footage just looks sluggish, janky and boring.

It's going to sell well because as I said it is AAA Marvel but it really doesn't strike me as a game that's going to generate a lot of LOVE the way the Arkham games and Spidey PS4 do.

My stance as well.

It's not going to flop, but the gameplay looks really uninspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.