Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
If there's no cross play, I'm getting the Steam version as I'm assuming it will have the largest player base.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Can I PLEASE, pretty PLEASE get a Cadillacs and Dinosaurs port one day? PLEASEEEE.
Punisher port is hype as fuck.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ace Attorney Investigations kinda puts a wrench into all the theories of "Sale/Popularity".

The most likely outcome is that they did NOT wanna fuck with a Network Engineer for Online Play on Xbox.
As that was likely why Mega Man Battle Network skipped Xbox as well

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder if the Xbox is a mistake. Very weird.
Key art is incredible
Always has been. It's one of my favorite Capcom key art, starting with COTA.

Capcom was cooking in this era.

2124964-x_mencota.jpg

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The website:

www.capcom-games.com

Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics | CAPCOM | CAPCOM

Beloved Marvel characters take the stage in Capcom-produced action and fighting games in this collection of timeless classics! All kinds of new features have been added, including online play! Experience these wonderful games with players from all over the world!

Japanese and English versions confirmed on the website - does that mean we get Norimaro in MSHvSF?!

Also cool to see that they've updated the games (less flicker in MVC1, Cyber-Akuma playable in MSHvSF).

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Actually, the reasoning might be what I saw in another thread.

MT Framework Xbox One Engine is no longer being worked on. However, it's still supported for PS4/Switch/PC

So by proxy, there's no Xbox version. Same as to why there's no PS5 version of MT Framework games.

Great Ace Attorney was MT but everything after is RE Engine now I think? Would explain why Xbox got Ace Attorney games but no Mega Man as well

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I can think of a couple practical reasons an Xbox version might not arrive (though not very good ones), but I'll be real grumpy if the reason ends up being some nonsense anti-competitive licensing thing from Sony's hold on the Spiderman character.

Any reasonable explanation should be easy to share, but if they're evasive about this, it'll be hard not to assume the worst.

MT Framework Xbox One Engine is no longer being worked on. However, it's still supported for PS4/Switch/PC

So by proxy, there's no Xbox version. Same as to why there's no PS5 version of MT Framework games.

Great Ace Attorney was MT but everything after is RE Engine now I think? Would explain why Xbox got Ace Attorney games but no Mega Man as well

OOOoooooh, this makes a ton of sense.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Please for the love god make this run on the Deck. Please, please, please.

NinjaScooter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

these are like 20 year old games. They would find a way to get them on any platform they could if they thought there was an audience for it. Most likely these kinds of collections (Capcom has released a good amount of them) didn't perform well on Xbox and they decided whatever costs go into the licensing and publishing were not worth the effort to put this on Xbox.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the full direct. Flipped the fuck out on seeing this.

Max did it. He saved MvC.

Cinnamon

Jan 18, 2023

That makes a lot of sense.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if the Xbox is a mistake. Very weird.

Always has been. It's one of my favorite Capcom key art, starting with COTA.

Capcom was cooking in this era.

2124964-x_mencota.jpg

Yup. JP Saturn Box art is legit probably a top 3 box art of me of ALL TIME. These games are 100% the thing that got me to get a Saturn. Cause I legit thought that was the only way I'd ever get to play them again.

Oct 25, 2017
I need to see if I still have my PS2 version of MvC2 buried somewhere.

But seriously getting physical for this collection! No more being locked behind the 1UP cabinets!

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
This is dream come true. MvC2 is my favorite fighting game of all time. I had ways to play this before (both PS3 and 360, emulation) but I'm very glad to have an official port.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Does X-Men CotA relate to Sony's X-men exclusivity deal in any way? Maybe they worked something out with Sony and they blocked Xbox.

No, Spider-man can appear in collections on other plaforms, just so long as those collections also come out on playstation.

Its got nothing to do with that, it is either code or belief in lack of sales.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
these are like 20 year old games. They would find a way to get them on any platform they could if they thought there was an audience for it. Most likely these kinds of collections (Capcom has released a good amount of them) didn't perform well on Xbox and they decided whatever costs go into the licensing and publishing were not worth the effort to put this on Xbox.

Perhaps, but it makes a lot of sense as all of the "Xbox" skips are always MT Framework titles now (With no PS5 version either). Regardless of what they are.
Don't think we've seen anything skip that has been on RE Engine aside from Shin Sesekai and that was PC/Switch only (Even Ghost n' Goblins came to Xbox and that probably sold a handful of copies lol)

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
It being on Nintendo, Steam and PlayStation doesn't mean some exclusive deal was made. That would be a pretty weird "deal" to strike.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
No, Spider-man can appear in collections on other plaforms, just so long as those collections also come out on playstation.

Its got nothing to do with that, it is either code or belief in lack of sales.
Do you have a source for that? I was under the impression Sony had no control over the character in other games but I honestly haven't found any evidence to it.