Oct 26, 2017
Forgot Tech Romancer, and Star Gladiator. I mean the latter I get but the former is such a unique game

I remember buying it on Dreamcast back when I bought every fighter out there, and I really didn't like it. I think mostly because it was so weird for a fighting game, I think it played almost more like the modern anime arena fighters. I sold it shortly after.

I also got Plasma Sword, and that was not a good game either. I couldn't get past the god-awful blocky character models and horrible animation, since it was basically on PS1 hardware originally.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
If you like Marvel and Capcom and their characters you'll have a blast just playing them casually and seeing how the characters were translated into fighting games. If you're thinking of playing online, especially mvc2 online, you'll get repeatedly blown up in under 30 seconds by 20+ year vets lol
I imagine there'll be a big influx of people that like the games but suck or are just totally new to the series. On Fightcade I'd expect a higher ratio of ass beatings. Even if everyone moves over to the new releases, there'll just be a crapload more randoms of all experience levels that were never on Fightcade.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Definitely should check out his combo videos!

View: https://youtu.be/f2iN-RfYsmg

View: https://youtu.be/m-4jPQkH4ho

View: https://youtu.be/xlPs_kRG0AA

Also for people who are fan of MSH, the game has a pretty solid competitive scene in Japan. It was even at Evo Japan this year.
Check out Dougeki on twitter and his youtube account for more msh, mshvssf or xvsf tournaments.

x.com

www.youtube.com

Amazing Gamers

Amazing Gamersは格闘ゲーム(主にMARVELシリーズ)に特化したゲームチャンネルです。 ◆大会告知ツイッター(Notification twitter_1) https://twitter.com/ryugainai ◆対戦会告知ツイッター(Notification twitter_2) https://twitter.com/Harumichi_360

View: https://youtu.be/9N21nwVUwvk

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's still a lot of work to be done in that department, there's still:
CVS
Power Stone
Rival Schools
Mega Man Starforce
Mega Man Legends
Viewtiful Joe (Still don't know how that hasn't happened)
Onimusha
There's definitely some room for another fighters collection, particularly if you add Tech Romancer and Star Gladiator. There's definitely a 3D fighters theme. I don't know if the SF EX series would be doable but that too.

I would add :
- Dungeons & Dragons. I still have the XBLA version and the Japanese PS3 port, but that collection should be more available. At least it's a better situation than Konami's X-Men.
- the SNES Disney games, the Magical Quest trilogy
- Breath of Fire.

Jun 21, 2024
No.

If fighting games are a bit tough to get into, MvC is borderline incomprehensible. Get SF6 and use modern controls.
I don't think Bengus' current style would work well

Street Fighter 6
Yeah, I'd say so. Even just picking up the game and practicing combos is a lot of fun. Hell, that's what I do most of the time: practice dank combos that I'll never be able to pull off online lol
Mixed opinions here. I might still give it a try but I'm gonna avoid online play like the plague, I don't really like online multiplayer anyways. I prefer solo playing any game.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
There's definitely some room for another fighters collection, particularly if you add Tech Romancer and Star Gladiator. There's definitely a 3D fighters theme. I don't know if the SF EX series would be doable but that too.

I would add :
- Dungeons & Dragons. I still have the XBLA version and the Japanese PS3 port, but that collection should be more available. At least it's a better situation than Konami's X-Men.
- the SNES Disney games, the Magical Quest trilogy
- Breath of Fire.
My dream would be a full up 3D Fighter collection covering their whole 90's-06 output.
My more reasonable expectation would be a Dreamcast/Naomi collection since emulation is super similar, both have been cracked, and the DC has a bunch of the one offs and sequels that weren't on Naomi software(Plasma Sword, Tech Romancer)

ChitonIV

Nov 14, 2021
I don't think Bengus' current style would work well

His more recent stuff has a more typical digital looking shading and coloring. MVC has a sort of penciled lines look to the shading. Which may very well have been inspired by Marvel Comics art, at that time.

But otherwise, the characters in the new stuff still look like Bengus. I would be overjoyed to have a game with graphics which tried to preserve this look:

R.52153d883f3e8c37e78836510c232011

ryu-sf6-art-by-bengus.png

Even this art for the DMC5 Japan Steelbook, still looks like Bengus
opt49an3td221.jpg

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Final fight was in the beat 'em up collection tho?

A 3D fighter collection with Final Fight revenge would be hilarious tho

I dont think Final Fight 2 & 3 have ever been in recent collections though.

Would be nice to have them all in one package like in a Beat Em Up Bundle vol 2 or just a smaller collection dedicated to Final Fight.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
The first one, yeah. It would be nice to have a collection with all of the console games and interesting ports like Final Fight One.

That's an interesting one as well.

Yeah they haven't done any console only collections in a while

Hopefully those are collected, would be kinda nuts if they didn't.

Especially with Street Fighter 6 taking place in the FF city, lots of tie in potential there.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
You know, it'd be interesting if they ended up making a sequel to COTA now that Marvel is trying to push the X-Men again lol. It might be a nice way to restart the business relationship

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Xmen COTA 2
RE Engine
Akuma as a guest character
Danger Room Battle hub
World Tour mode with the Xavier Academy
Modern control.

I would buy that on every single system. Not only that, but COTA is probably the marvel game thats the closest to a SF game.
Its never gonna happen but a man can dream lol

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I thought one of the things leaked in that Insomniac Wolverine leak is that for the foreseeable future Sony has exclusivity to any X-Men games? Like you can have a Marvel crossover game with them, but only a certain percentage or something.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
it'll never happen, but i'd be more into that than a new MvC. All killer, no filler.
Xmen COTA 2
RE Engine
Danger Room Battle hub
Modern control.

I would buy that on every single system. Not only that, but COTA is probably the marvel game thats the closest to a SF game.
yeah, I like the MvC games, but this sounds like something I'd like a hell of a lot more

honestly the game GTOAkira just dreamt up sounds amazing lol

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I will instantly pass on that unless the gameplay really looks my style, I'm here for the Capcom roster first.

If they did, then Capcom would have to stop being cowards and make Capcom vs Capcom.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Xmen COTA 2
RE Engine
Danger Room Battle hub
Modern control.

will never forgive you because i will think about this for the rest of my life

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
COTA? Nah. But i'd be down for another Marvel Super Heroes.
Hell, I might even prefer that over a new MvC game.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Too many 1v1 fighters on the market, nothing fills the void like MvC tagging. I could not possibly get hype for anything else.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You know, before a new MVC, I'd rather see Marvel Superheroes 2. That way they wouldn't have to do a mvc roster from scratch again. I'm also curious how they'd update that format

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of interesting they can get away with rereleasing CotA just because it's part of a Marvel package even though it's a pure X-Men game.
I recall seeing it mentioned that it excluded "certain games" from the 90s. I thought it was a curious stipulation that could have left the door open for CoTA or the Konami game re-releases, but didn't think it was likely at the time.

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
You know, before a new MVC, I'd rather see Marvel Superheroes 2. That way they wouldn't have to do a mvc roster from scratch again. I'm also curious how they'd update that format
IMO this is probably the best option to maximize an expensive license. Big budget Marvel only fighting game that has 1v1 and 2v2 modes. Year one dlc: Ryu guest character. Teasing/making reference to MvC while not fully committing.

I think they have to build the brand again if they want the vs series to hit the next level. I wouldn't be surprised if they shifted strictly to Marvel vs Street Fighter for max name recognition.

Entirely speculation btw

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
IMO this is probably the best option to maximize an expensive license. Big budget Marvel only fighting game that has 1v1 and 2v2 modes. Year one dlc: Ryu guest character. Teasing/making reference to MvC while not fully committing.

I think they have to build the brand again if they want the vs series to hit the next level. I wouldn't be surprised if they shifted strictly to Marvel vs Street Fighter for max name recognition.

Entirely speculation btw
Why would they need to build the brand again? This collection will do that for them

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

Entirely speculation btw

MvC is the brand.

Not Marvel vs. Marvel. Not Capcom vs. Capcom. Marvel vs. Capcom is the brand.

MvC is a series that's older than Guilty Gear. Older than Smash. I would personally prefer an all X-Men game, but Marvel and Capcom don't get together and not have Cyclops give Ryu atomic dap.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the brand doesn't really need to be rebuilt. People know about the franchise and there's still plenty of demand for a new one.

Infinite had a ton of self-inflicted injuries. The absurdly small budget did absolutely no favors. The artstyle was absolutely terrible and often looked more like an alpha build than a finished product. Marvel's ridiculous "no X-Men/Fantastic Four" policy plus other creative misfires completely destroyed the the identity of the title and made it a hollow husk of what a MvC game should be.

If a new MvC is announced and actually looks good, people will show up in droves. But the game actually needs budget, time, and the return of fan favorites and it's identity if that's gonna work.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Yeah the brand doesn't really need to be rebuilt. People know about the franchise and there's still plenty of demand for a new one.

Infinite had a ton of self-inflicted injuries. The absurdly small budget did absolutely no favors. The artstyle was absolutely terrible and often looked more like an alpha build than a finished product. Marvel's ridiculous "no X-Men/Fantastic Four" policy plus other creative misfires completely destroyed the the identity of the title and made it a hollow husk of what a MvC game should be.

If a new MvC is announced and actually looks good, people will show up in droves. But the game actually needs budget, time, and the return of fan favorites and it's identity if that's gonna work.

I wonder what art style they might go with. I think the smart play world be to go full X-Men 97 with it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

I said it for asset reasons more than rebuild

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
The World Warriors may as well be Mutants given the weird stuff they do. I'm surprised we didn't get superhero codenames for them back when X-Men vs. Street Fighter was a thing.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL