• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Sylvie did the right thing. We need chaos. This is the only way.

#SylvieDidNothingWrong

Oct 25, 2017
7pGtzVd.png

eWf4loY.jpg
jzJouCZ.png

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of crazy to think that with how Jonathan Majors was announced by Marvel as being the villain for Quantumania, they seem to have staked a potential end goal (or beginning?) of the character knowing that they had plans for him in Loki, at the very least, and they still managed to keep it a surprise that wasn't leaked.

IIRC, the casting of Majors was reported on by the trades as being the Ant-Man villain and then Feige came out during their investors meeting a couple months later like
iu

all the while knowing they were keeping their He Who Remains reveal close to the vest. They totally could have kept the Ant-Man reveal a secret and just said actually Majors was just cast for Loki, but they planted the flag that Kang is the end goal.

It point to them for sure doing multiple Kang (variant) appearances, so I wonder where else he's going to appear. Loki season 2 seems like a given considering the end with the statue and all the Kang teases and connections in the show now having more canonical meaning that I'm sure we'll get to explore more next season, like Ravonna for sure must know who he is and potentially had a romantic relationship with him, like he found her and plucked her out of time to be with him, or maybe we learn about Qeng enterprises just as another alternate timeline backstory that explains The Void a bit more.

People have also speculated about Rama Tut making an appearance in The Eternals, which would be an interesting seed to plant and a nice cameo pay off for people watching the Disney+ shows. But does he also appear in Multiverse of Madness? It seems like he's a pretty significant factor in the state of the multiverse that, especially if our Loki variant appears in that movie, it would be a bit of an elephant in the room to not acknowledge. I do think MoM will deal with broader implications of the multiverse just branching out of control, and I don't think Kang will be the only multiversal threat to come out of this, but I do wonder how they deal with that. Since Waldron is also writing MoM, there must be some sort of plan, but I just don't see Kang playing a significant role. Maybe that is where we get a Scarlet Centurion or a proper Immortus or maybe they go the Iron Lad route to set him up for the Young Avengers.

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So obviously He Who Remains knew he was probably going to die and sent Revonna to do something either to stop evil kangs somehow or keep a version of him alive

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching this has made me wonder.. Does the TVA use some sort of San Dimas Time? How come they're suddenly alerted to something that happened at a specific point in the past and have a certain amount of time to deal with it? If they can time travel then why is there a deadline?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching this has made me wonder.. Does the TVA use some sort of San Dimas Time? How come they're suddenly alerted to something that happened at a specific point in the past and have a certain amount of time to deal with it? If they can time travel then why is there a deadline?

Didn't they mention this in the episode where Loki was still working with Mobius? Something about becoming part of the timeline so you couldn't just keep going back in time over and over until you got it right?

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
So Kang is from the future and knows things etc etc. How does that translate to the TVA being able to nullify infinity stones

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

They explain something something time line shifts happen in real time.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
But how? Is it cause He Who Remained died and the string untangled itself that timelines that existed before now exist again? I thought branches would just now start to grow again from the point of his death onward.

Stop thinking of the "timeline" as a road and more as a bushy tree. It's nature is to grow all along the trunk and branches. It's why they use pruning as a term.

When he was removed, it started growing out from the dirt (start of existence), all along the truck, right to the top (the void / end of time). Randomness and Infinity birthing new universes verses and branches and histories from nothingness.

He Who Remained was just keeping the Infinite universes tightly pruned, close to the trunk (a trunk that kept Kangs from rising).

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
So Kang is from the future and knows things etc etc. How does that translate to the TVA being able to nullify infinity stones
In the comics - the infinity stones only have power in the universe they come from, so if it works the same way here I imagine the TVA is in it's own pocket universe or in the Quantum Realm - so they are probably just inert.

And Runes can prevent magic, which we learned in WandaVision, so he probably had some help setting up runes in the TVA.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
They explain something something time line shifts happen in real time.
It's probably tied to the TVA existing in the 4th dimension. When a variant timeline branches it's not happening in the past, it's happening to the TVA in the "present". They have to stop it before it creates a variant of Kang in 3100.

I would guess that would mean that every nexus event the TVA was pruning happened prior to Nathan's birth.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
That's the funny part. Every version of every character believes they're the original, but the reality is that there's a very good chance the original universe that spawned the multiverse was likely destroyed by a Kang in the last multiversal war.

The chances of the MCU being the original universe is practically zero and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see some characters appearing that escaped the destruction of their own universe by Kang, only to end up in the MCU faced with the reality that a different Kang is trying to destroy that one too.

It would be a pretty clever way to bring the Fantastic Four in, wouldn't it? Especially if one of the primary ways Kang prevents the birth of a Kang in certain universes is to stop Reed and Sue ever existing. If they don't exist in a particular universe, then Nathaniel Richards is never born in it.
And the Xmen... there's no way to explain away any Fox property outside Deadpool (who is almost godlike in that aspect) ignoring Thanos deleting 1/2 their ranks and still remaining silent unless they weren't around in this universe. And it skips having to rehash their origin story a third time. Its gonna be muiltversal chaos in Spidey, Strange 2 and Loki, I bet we meet the F4 in Ant-man and they defeat Kang and stablize a timeline in F4 movie, giving us the Xmen, F4 Silver Surfer Deadpool as well for phase 5.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Something I haven't seen brought up here at least, is that Kang's office looks like a Sanctum. I thought that was kinda neat.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
It's brilliant that half of the 2021 stuff is setting up the multiverse and the other half the Thunderbolts

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In the comics, the Infinity Gems don't work outside of the universe they were created in. It's likely as simple as that.

Similarly, it's probably just as a simple explanation for why Loki's magic doesn't work there. His magic is Asgardian magic and its power, like everything else, is probably drawn from Asgard itself. So if there's no Asgard, there's probably no Asgardian magic.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the episode.

Feels so good to have called it. That timekeeper was totally Majors as a cameo.

Majors did some GOD-TIER work.

Last edited:

Jibberhack

Oct 30, 2017
Really happy with the way this ended. Show was uneven, but definitely fun. And I don't need to know everything about the big bad right now, we will have plenty of opportunity to flesh out the many versions of him that will come.

I'm incredibly excited to see what creative thing's we'll see going forward.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Just saw this tweet and it made me lol:

I absolutely adored WandaVision and thought Loki was so much fun, so needless to say I am so in for Doctor Strange 2.

Aug 13, 2019
I can't believe I sat here and read through all this Sylvie slander. It may not have given her the satisfaction she was looking for, but she was completely right to kill Immortus. #SylvieDidNothingWrong

Damn, that was a great finale. It's really something when a show can make characters sitting down and talking entertaining.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Warner ain't broke....right?

It's complicated. AT&T just sold off warner media to discovery for half of what they bought it for three years ago.

www.cnbc.com

AT&T announces $43 billion deal to merge WarnerMedia with Discovery

If approved by regulators, the deal effectively reverses AT&T's years-long plan to combine content and distribution in a vertically integrated company.

Bought for $85 Billion three years ago, sold to Discovery for $43 Billion in a fire sale. They've been doing aggressively weird things on DC's print side also- none of which is good. Marvel is eating DC alive pretty much everywhere at this point.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
My biggest complaint of the series was the complete lack of diversity. And by that I mean, alien races. We are entering multiverse territory and yet everything seems to originate from Earth and everyone looks like humans. Shouldn't the TVA have agents of all sentient beings?

Just be glad it's not all Cardiff residents

🤷‍♂️

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I can't believe I sat here and read through all this Sylvie slander. It may not have given her the satisfaction she was looking for, but she was completely right to kill Immortus.

How do we come to THAT conclusion? Sylvie royally messed up more than anyone could possibly mess up- and you could see on her face that she KNEW this as soon as He Who Remains declined to beg for his life before she killed him. Her whole theory was "he's lying" and she was very, very wrong.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It's complicated. AT&T just sold off warner media to discovery for half of what they bought it for three years ago.

www.cnbc.com

If approved by regulators, the deal effectively reverses AT&T's years-long plan to combine content and distribution in a vertically integrated company.

Bought for $85 Billion three years ago, sold to Discovery for $43 Billion in a fire sale. They've been doing aggressively weird things on DC's print side also- none of which is good. Marvel is eating DC alive pretty much everywhere at this point.

I was under the impression that that was just an asset reshuffle, are they really doing that bad to drop nearly 50% of it's value?

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
Hell, think bigger.

5473055.jpg

We're at the point where DC/Warner is just about broke enough to agree to it
This is pretty much the biggest reason why I wish the DC Cinematic Universe would have properly succeeded and got off on the right foot. The DC films aren't really anything to scoff at exactly, they have some decent ones and they are obviously trying, but it's definitely majorly flawed. I feel in a Universe where the DC Cinematic Universe was at least close to on par with how Marvel is handling theirs, we could have gotten an insanely hype, beyond Endgame level cultural event some day. But now it just kinda feels like Marvel won't want to touch DC with a ten foot pole in terms of their film universes.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
you Guys will have to learn thatHe who remains is not kang but a variant of nathan richards, it will get confusing later on when all aliases and variants show up😅

He who remains, Immortus, Kang the conq all variants of a character named Nathan Richards.

Lets assume he who remains is dead, the variant in charge of the TVA is quite obviously Kang, so since he is the only one left for now......well be calling him Kang.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

www.cnbc.com

Even then a DC buyout by Disney should not be allowed.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
How do we come to THAT conclusion? Sylvie royally messed up more than anyone could possibly mess up- and you could see on her face that she KNEW this as soon as He Who Remains declined to beg for his life before she killed him. Her whole theory was "he's lying" and she was very, very wrong.

TBF, she's letting the universe be the universe again and allowing the natural order / chaos / RNG generator take over again.

Maybe HHR wasn't telling the whole truth. Maybe he was protecting his interests all along.

I think Sylvie's realization isn't that HHR was telling the truth, more than Heroic Loki was. Killing HHR didn't bring her closure, or repair her trauma.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I was under the impression that that was just an asset reshuffle, are they really doing that bad to drop nearly 50% of it's value?

Not an asset reshuffle. Warner is being sold lock, stock, and barrel. AT&T is selling a lot of stuff, and it probably has a lot more to do with AT&T's debt load more than DC specifically. But looking at DC's viable properties at this point and how they are performing, it's hard to argue their IP is anywhere close to being as valuable as Marvel is right now and Discovery would probably like a return on that investment sooner rather than later.

DC would benefit HUGELY from a marvel crossover right now (print OR film) but the benefit to Marvel is a lot less clear.

Even then a DC buyout by Disney should not be allowed.

Nobody is talking about a buyout. That wouldn't even make sense, Marvel Studios would be competing against itself constantly with superhero stuff. The original Marvel vs. DC and JLA/Avengers came about because both companies really needed the revenue more than anything else.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sylvie was definitely right, in that the endgame here isn't going to be "we need to reestablish a dictatorship that prevents a multiverse." It's going to be "let's figure out a way to defeat Kang and stop him from causing a multiversal war," which they're going to do, and that starts with the first step of killing off He Who Remains. Jumping the gun, sure, but sometimes you gotta be the first one to jump.

(I mean that's probably going to ultimately result in Incursions but one problem at a time!)